Sign in to follow this  
Delta 51

Cannot sustain A-10 weapon fire

for some reason the Gatling gun on the A-10 cannot sustain a constant fire, it will only fire in bursts.

Are you using any mods? I seem to recall one that added burst.

The A-10 Hi-fi Sounds mod allows you to enable either "burst" or "full auto" modes (there are two versions of the mod included).

Plus, the sound fx are dead-on-realistic. A "must have" mod for any Warthog driver.

IIRC, the Hog is limited to burst of a few seconds, anyway. I don't think this is a mechanical limit (it may be, though), but to keep the thing airborne.

It's not limited by anything other than the pilots trigger finger, and it shouldn't be for us. I haven't changed a single barrel in this game. :) Burst sucks if you find yourself doing any air to air.

It i limited to burst as a full fire would wear down the barrels:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAU-8_Avenger#Design

You might have wanted to read the part about "There is no technical limitation on the duration the gun may be continuously fired, and a pilot could potentially expend the entire ammunition load in a single burst with no damage or ill effects to the weapons system itself."

I.e. it is only practical to fire 1-2 second bursts, but there's no actual limit :)

I wonder if this is an audio issue? Is it possible that the gun actually fires continuously, but the sound it makes sounds like burst fire>

I wonder if this is an audio issue? Is it possible that the gun actually fires continuously, but the sound it makes sounds like burst fire>

Nope. At least not with SOW.

ZNXszdieafo

Edited by HyperU2