Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

nice work. did the first testrun as pilot and gunner in ah-64. some things went strange. my friend an i will test tomorrow more, and note down what went wrong, and if its our fault or the addon ;)

will report then.

addon itself is a beauty and enhance the game/teamplay like hell. a great addition to ace2. all in combination is more and more a simulation like i like it :D

great work.

We are considering using MM with ACE2. Do we need to disable any ACE mods that might conflict with MM (eg ace_sys_countermeasures)? Also, I believe there are conflicting keybinds - what are they and does anyone have any suggestions for alternative keybinds?

Thanks!

i get a message when i use this on my dedicated sever :

"Is mando missle missing here? "

What i am missing ?

I put 4 logics on the map and in the init i put this line :

// Wait for Mando Missile addon initialization

waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};

waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

Preacher, if you use MMA you dont need any extra flares and/or ECM, anyway it seems ACE ones dont interfere with MMA ones, it is just that ACE ones dont affect/avoid mando missiles. But probably Cyborg can enlight you a bit more about this matter.

And about keys, MMA allows each player to have its own particular key binds, check this for instructions.

You only need to setup a particular sequence of keys for the desired key binds in A2 custom controls (user actions 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20), and you dont need to setup all the keys, only these that might resulting in any conflict for you.

Sneaker, was someone joining your server or yourself without MMA? I mean, MMA server and not MMA client. Also, was you seeing that message only once, or every 10 seconds or so all the time?

Flashbang151, ATM a decent documentation is still missing. Anyway you might have a look at current setups included in the pack (setups and huds folders).

Edited by Mandoble

i have mma and the server and the 2 other players have mma

and we get the message every 10 sec with a ping

but when i player is disconnecht the mssg is gone ..

but that player is 100% for sure that its correct installed

@Mandoble:

thank you for the new version ;)

Would it be possible to define joystick-buttons for HUD keys also "Lock on target"? At the moment its not very comfortable to play with joystick and the keyboard for the main keys.

The color of the monocle glasses is a bit to brown, a bit like sun glasses ;) Would it be possible to bright it up, so that you note, that it is made of glas but dont cloud the sight to much.

For me the mouse is now to sensitive on every zoom level using the hellfire camera. While using 2.4B3 it was only on the high zoom-level.

Tino

i have mma and the server and the 2 other players have mma

and we get the message every 10 sec with a ping

but when i player is disconnecht the mssg is gone ..

but that player is 100% for sure that its correct installed

its ok now , i let here clear the missionchache and so she had to download the mission over .. and its working now , no msg anymore

:confused:

Firstly thanks for this awsome mod Mandoble.

Was wondering if you could help me out, im creating a Commander Console, and as part of its function ive included a "launch UAV","Dismiss UAV" and "MQ9Predator" Buttons. The UAV scripts im using are "Doolittle's" dynamic UAV.

Once you launch the UAV you get a hint telling you that the MQ9Predator can now be used, then you click the "MQ9Predator" button in the console to access the UAV camera display. You can Launch and Dismiss the MQ9Predator any number of times. Once launched, the MQ9Predator will Circle between 2 points {pointA and pointB} untill shot down or dismissed.

What i was wondering is could your "TV Hellfire UAV system" work with this setup instead of Doolittle's BIS_UAV_1 display ?

Im still learning scripting so my scripting skills are limited.

If this is at all possible any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a link to Doolittle's example scripts:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8506

Thanks,

PartyHead.

TBuck,

the best way for joy usage is to program key strokes in the joy's buttons.

the AH64 monocle itself is really a bit like sunglasses, check it here.

About the TV mouse, remember that mouse sensitivity is regulated by distance between mouse and center of the steerable area, so if you move the mouse cursor around the center, the movements of the camera should be "slow" and accurate enough, but if you need to turn the camera quickly 90 degrees, then just zoom out and move the mouse cursor to the corresponding steerable area extreme. Is it too sensible for you even moving the mouse quite close to the screen's center?

we did have a problem. when a human gunner is shooting the 20mm gun only tracers come out. no splashes on ground or target.

i as a pilot have to press the firebutton than it works. that shouldn´t be like this ;)

by this the pilot has also no control over the ffar !!

seems there is a problem, or i did something wrong ;) can you cross check that please.

Are you talking about C130 virtual guns?

ups, no. ah-64. that one has ffar ;) my friend and i was testing,

btw. the special "G" - key :D is really great and works goooood.

no more discussing where is the target :D

Just tried the latest and damn! I know it's said around here too much but methinks BI should sign you on board, this is great stuff!

Why not go for the trifecta with Mando Armour :p

Amazing work Mandoble! :)

I have a question about the LGB camera. When i lock through TV camera and drop a bomb i always miss - always short. What am i doing wrong?

Secondly there seems to be sometimes a lot of flickering images from interior/exterior when in TV mode of the aircraft im sitting in wich gives lag. Sorry if this is known.

Again thank you. This is an amazing addon. Finally everything is there!

EDIT:

I notice with the UAV (awesome btw!) that every second its lagging or "jumping" when in TV mode like the others, but more frequent. the sound even kind of get hickups (engine of UAV) thanks to this. Just thaught i say that.

Edited by Alex72

Themaster303, MMA is not affecting in any way the gun of the AH64D.

Alex, the current range displayed for LGB is a bit wrong (it exceeds the real one). Drop when target is your frontal sector and closer than 1Km.

The camera flickering might happen in two situations:

1 - You are running with quite low FPS.

2 - You are the gunner of a plane or chopper, which is local to the pilot. I will try to make the TV cam positioning faster, but cannot promiss to eliminate this effect (other option might be to place the camera not so close to the plane/chopper). When this happens, just for testing, switch off camera and switch to external, just to make sure that you dont see any mini-jumps in your plane/chopper.

Flicker:

The first option is not possible as the FPS is super while testing this.

The second thing is that i am gunner and my AI is pilot (SP).

It doesnt seem like something is too slow but rather a bug where i can see aircraft parts the screen flashing. I could see my feet inside the jet for example really fast when in TV mode. The camera is not solid so to speak (sorry dont know coding lingo). And the UAV is the worst with every second flashing out of camera and in. using your demo mission there.

And i tested switch outside but there is all normal and i have really good FPS. Testing these things alone as well with nothing but me on the map so the FPS is "full". No lag/stutter at all. Very smooth gameplay.

Maybe some other addon interfearing? I have a lot of units & tanks loaded as well (loaded as addons - not on the map). Will test turn them off and see.

Thank you.

EDIT:

"other option might be to place the camera not so close to the plane/chopper"

Yes maybe that could help.

No one else notice any glitching with Mando's TV when your gunner and AI pilot? Would be nice to hear so i can isolate myself and see if its my setup somehow that is the actual problem. Thank you.

Edited by Alex72

ups, no. ah-64. that one has ffar ;) my friend and i was testing,

btw. the special "G" - key :D is really great and works goooood.

no more discussing where is the target :D

yrah that was always verry stupid if there where 2 players in the chopper ,

Pilot : target that Shilka

Co-Pilot : Wich one ? there are 4 shilka`s

Pilot: the one that is firing @ us

:eek:

No one else notice any glitching with Mando's TV when your gunner and AI pilot? Would be nice to hear so i can isolate myself and see if its my setup somehow that is the actual problem. Thank you.

I've got some flickering too. I noticed it when playing as gunner in C-130, but I haven't seen it before on previous versions. I'll check into it some more and get back to you as I had some other addons running at the time. I'll eliminate those first and then see if I can reproduce it.

@Mandoble:

Ok, I understand. I've a Thrustmaster T Flight Stick X and there is no external software to program keybuttons to the joystick buttons. So it's not possible for me? Is there a workaround ore can anybody help me? How do the other use this with joystick?

Tino

@Mandoble:

Ok, I understand. I've a Thrustmaster T Flight Stick X and there is no external software to program keybuttons to the joystick buttons. So it's not possible for me? Is there a workaround ore can anybody help me? How do the other use this with joystick?

Tino

it seems its all programmable check this:

btw. i think there is no more "bigger" new joystick on the market that you cant programm ;)

# Exclusive MAPPING button allows users to instantly relocate functions from one button to another

# Exclusive button enables users to instantly switch from one programmed configuration to another

# Internal memory stores all programmed configurations, even when the joystick is disconnected from the PC

# Fully programmable: 12 buttons and 4 axes, all extensively programmable.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=94&PlatformID=5

@themaster303:

i read it ;) . But it sounds more like it is.

It only concerns to the joystick buttons. It's not possible to place keyboard buttons to joystickbuttons. I downloaded the actual driver and hoped to get also a software to program the buttons with joystick buttons, but there isn't something like this.

So i don't want to go more off topic and try to find a solution maybe Mandoble get the joystick buttons also to work for the custom control.

Tino

Great addon for the AH-64D! That being said, I would suggest that you make the AH-64D gun slave to the pilot's and gunner's IHADS. That would make the mod complete for the AH-64D part. Is the fake flir added?

The navigator/gunner slave is coming. Mando mentioned it some page/s back. Or maybe it was a mark to know where pilot is looking and vice versa. In any case the pilot can look at a target and tell the gunner to blast.

FLIR is not working from general view i think(?), but in TV camera mode only. If you run ACE you also have it in the normal (NUM 0) gunner optics. Press "T" for WHOT and SHIFT+T for BHOT. Adjust with PAGEUP/PAGEDN.