Sign in to follow this  
Yoma

AddonSync2009 (downloader, launcher)

UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)

• Start of download (leave it as is)
    • Start of tool
    • What's UAC? (google Virtual Store, have fun)
    • Arf f*** UAC, first thing I disable after installing Vista/Win7

I'm putting this in the right section i hope.

I just downloaded Yoma Launcher. I'm having a few issues with, one is I'm not sure if I downloaded all the files but here is where i went to download the app:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/yoma-addonsync2009/files

Now the only file I downloaded was the one on top called:

addonsync2009_beta 1.0.67.msi

That is the only file I downloaded and install on my computer. Is this correct or should i have also downloaded the file underneath as well called?: z_addonsync2009_beta 1.0.67.7z

The other issue is when I open up the launcher and i go to "Find Server" tab and hit search, it brings up all servers. Watching Yoma's youtube video it shows me how to find a server. I find one and double click on it. Here is where the problem begins. At the top right of the page it tells me "Server is unreachable" at the bottom right side it tells me in red, "hyperthreading active! Disable it for best Arma2 performance". When I go to hit the "Who's playing" tab nothing happens. In Yoma's video it would show you everyone in the game, but mine is a blank screen even thought there are 30 players playing in the game. I pick one that i have all the mods for as well.

Can someone help me know what is going on. This is why I thought maybe i needed to download that other file.

Added 4 minutes later:

Another thing that happen was i made a favorite server I double click and went to the "download Addontab. I hit "checking for addons" and i get a message: "Download failed Unable to connect to the remote server

, or i got "Download failed. The remote server returned an error (404) not found."

Just wanted to add this issue as well.

hey guys im having trouble with a auto config url could someone help me

I have my own domain and webhosting if that helps

hey guys im having trouble with a auto config url could someone help me

I have my own domain and webhosting if that helps

I came here from http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?156654-Addon-Sync-server-help . I do not think you understand how the auto config url works. It expects a packed collection of various xml files available via http ( not sure if you can also use ftp for that ). Those xml-files are generated while creating the repo. Are you on windows or linux? And have you already created the repository?

I came here from http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?156654-Addon-Sync-server-help . I do not think you understand how the auto config url works. It expects a packed collection of various xml files available via http ( not sure if you can also use ftp for that ). Those xml-files are generated while creating the repo. Are you on windows or linux? And have you already created the repository?

i have got all the mods in one folder and i need to somehow get them on to a FTP but i would like a separate one for the mod line could you help me do this

i have got all the mods in one folder and i need to somehow get them on to a FTP but i would like a separate one for the mod line could you help me do this

First, I'm going to repeat my question: Are you using windows or linux? And why do you need to get them onto a ftp-server? There is no need for that.

but i would like a separate one for the mod line

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, but I'm guessing you want two different modfolders: one for the server and one for the repository? What I do for my server is just copying the mods I want to have inside the repo to another directory outside the server-folder and have AddonSync syncing with that folder.

First, I'm going to repeat my question: Are you using windows or linux? And why do you need to get them onto a ftp-server? There is no need for that.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that, but I'm guessing you want two different modfolders: one for the server and one for the repository? What I do for my server is just copying the mods I want to have inside the repo to another directory outside the server-folder and have AddonSync syncing with that folder.

i am using windows

i need help creating the repository basically

i get an error when opening the download site

You are not authorized to access this page.

Does anyone know how to create our own addon sync? We need to get one set up but have no idea on how.

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 15:23 ----------

Ok so we go our mod pack loaded but all the Bisigns do not download and get error "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."

Does anybody know why this might be?