Sign in to follow this  
cole

Cole's M-Family Replacement Config

must the Server have the RH M4/M16 Pack installed when i want to use only the replacement?

the damage and other paramaters are the same as the standard weapons? only the optical looking is replacet right?

It doesn't seem to work. I have both RH's pack and this config. I plopped down a standard USMC rifleman in the editor and he still has the vanilla M16A4.

Have you tried checking with different soldiers too? The M16A4 looks kinda similiar to the vanilla one. If you still don't see the replacement:

- What version are you using? 1.04 Full or a newer beta candidate?

- Have you tried running just RH's weapon pack and this config?

- Are you sure you installed both mods correctly?

must the Server have the RH M4/M16 Pack installed when i want to use only the replacement?

the damage and other paramaters are the same as the standard weapons? only the optical looking is replacet right?

Afaik, the server only needs Cole.bikey and RHI.bikey files to allow both my replacement and RH's weapon pack.

And yes, when using this replacement, the only thing replaced is the model and display picture in the gear menu (and weapon name if you're using one of the SBR replacements). Ballistic values, recoils and sounds stay the same as in vanilla ArmA2, so if you want, you can change those with any available ballistic/recoil/sound mod.

So - your right Cole. It does work. Only the sound doesnt come along. But there was some sound config also i saw now. Or did see anyway before.

:butbut: How.. how did you travel into future?! Sound replacement config is going to be in 1.2 ;)

Also, I'd like to thank zGuba for fixing what I broke again! Wielkie dzięki! :)

My pleasure :)

Ya the replacement pack is not working for me also. Iv put the files in an mod folder where the RH gun files are and even just tryed to put them in my addon folder but nothing. Dont konw why there not working. Iv got the 1.04 patch full all is good for this to work but it just dont.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Ya the replacement pack is not working for me also. Iv put the files in an mod folder where the RH gun files are and even just tryed to put them in my addon folder but nothing. Dont konw why there not working. Iv got the 1.04 patch full all is good for this to work but it just dont.

Any errors ingame? What does the arma2.rpt say?

I get no errors at the start or in game no errors at all. Iv got the RH gun pack in game it works just fine no errors there either. Would like to get this working, like the guns they are vary nice and sounds for them are too. Just dont know why its not working.

Edited by 1in1class
need

If ya get an chance Cole it would be cool if ya could get the replacement config working. I see a few people have had the same problem of not getting this to work. Thank ya.

1in1class: If you go to a RH box or any box and check the icon of your weapon that is replaced - it shows the proper RH weapon icon. And if you switch in the RH box to the same weapon your holding - it will be the same, just that now you have RH sound also.

The sound doesnt replace together with the weapon.

1in1class: If you go to a RH box or any box and check the icon of your weapon that is replaced - it shows the proper RH weapon icon. And if you switch in the RH box to the same weapon your holding - it will be the same, just that now you have RH sound also.

The sound doesnt replace together with the weapon.

No its the replacement pack that does not work. RH weapons work just fine in the game with the box and all its, just that this replacement pack that dont work.

But... Thats what i said. Move to a box when you have the replacement on. Check in the box - look at the weapon icon that is in your inventory - same as RH's.

At least to me.

K i kind of get what your saying but an replacement pack is to replace the guns so you dont have to equiped each gun to an unit by going to an ammo box. RH gun pack works just fine for me i go to the ammo box and get one of the RH guns its, just that the Replacement pack that does not work it does not replace the guns of vanilla.

1in1class: Unfortunately, I have no idea what could be the problem here.

Are you running any other mods apart from RH's weapon pack and my replacements?

Maybe try redownloading (if you haven't already) the replacements from the first page and installing them again..

Ya i dont know why its not working i do have other mods but realy dont think that it would be doing anything to the replacement config. I have no errors some others on here have had the same problem. Did any pm you with any news on if they have got it working? Iv got VopSound mod going as with just BWM,FFAA,CHM1s and two maps. Dont think any of them would have to do with the replacement config i have no other replacements going nor do i have any replacements going.

Ya i dont know why its not working i do have other mods but realy dont think that it would be doing anything to the replacement config. I have no errors some others on here have had the same problem. Did any pm you with any news on if they have got it working? Iv got VopSound mod going as with just BWM,FFAA,CHM1s and two maps. Dont think any of them would have to do with the replacement config i have no other replacements going nor do i have any replacements going.

Nope, nobody else PMed me.

I'm using VopSound too, but not any other mods that you mentioned. Try creating a special folder called something like "@RH", put an AddOns folder in it and drop rh_m4, rh_m4_cfg and my replacements to the folder and try loading just that one to see if it works.

Yep just gave it an shoot and same. Iv tryed the to create an different folder also and still nothing. Ahh just dont know why its not working. Well nice job on the replacement any ways. Would of been nice if i could of used it thank ya for your help though.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Yep just gave it an shoot and same. Iv tryed the to create an different folder also and still nothing. Ahh just dont know why its not working. Well nice job on the replacement any ways. Would of been nice if i could of used it thank ya for your help though.

:confused: This is fucking weird. The config should work, pretty much everything in the config looks alright and it works for me whatever I do with it :|

Could you on the next version replace the M4 with the M4 RIS so it fits better with the other M4s.

Kinda odd when fighting and some people have the RIS full of stuff and others have no RIS at all.

finally got around to using these addons and went ahead and used the replacement config as well. I can't see myself going back to the vanilla rifles.

Cole ya think you could make an mod folder for this? Iv tryed it but had no luck with it maybe, you could do this and it mite work. Iv gave 1.1 an try also my self and had no luck with it. Just trying all i can to get this working maybe that mod folder you make mite just work.

Cole ya think you could make an mod folder for this? Iv tryed it but had no luck with it maybe, you could do this and it mite work. Iv gave 1.1 an try also my self and had no luck with it. Just trying all i can to get this working maybe that mod folder you make mite just work.

Well I could do it for the 1.2 release, but I doubt it's going to change anything, the modfolders are pretty easy to set up:

• Create a folder called @Weapons (you can call it whatever you want) in your ArmA2 folder (C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2), open it and create a folder called AddOns in it.
  • Copy RH's weapon pack (rh_m4.pbo and rh_m4_cfg.pbo with the .bisign files) inside the AddOns folder.
  • Copy my replacements (You can choose which do you want to use, but I'll use just Cole_MFamily_Replace_M for this tutorial), Cole_MFamily_Replace_M.pbo with the .bisign, inside the same AddOns folder as you did with RH's weapons.

• Open your ArmA2 shortcut (right click - properties), navigate to "Target:" box, you'll see this:
    "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe"
    add this:
    -mod=@Weapons
    the result will look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@Weapons (note that there is a space before the -mod parameter)
  • Click Apply and then OK in the properties window.
  • Start ArmA2 using that shortcut.

This just HAS to work... :eh:

If it doesn't, you can try dropping both RH's weapon files and my replacement to the main AddOns folder, just don't forget to delete them if they don't work!

Actually, even if it does work, you should delete them from the AddOns folder, because putting anything directly in the AddOns folder is definitely not recommended.

Ya iv tryed that out did not work though maybe, if you tryed it out it mite work. Just dont know why its not working done it all even put it in the addon folder befor still could not get it working. In 1.2 that would be nice if ya can make it an mod folder just mite work dont know. Thank ya.

Could you on the next version replace the M4 with the M4 RIS so it fits better with the other M4s.

Kinda odd when fighting and some people have the RIS full of stuff and others have no RIS at all.

Done ;) I wanted to use the RIS since the beginning, guess I just forgot to change it :p

1in1class: Sure, I'll add the modfolder for 1.2, but there just has to be some problem on your side O_o

Now just to get the sound replacements done. I'm not sure how compatible they will be with other soundmods though..