Sign in to follow this  
SpetsnazGRU

Graphic preformens

I have reed few people talking about how strong comp do you need to have so that graphics will bee good.

my comp spec is, intel i7, 750 harddrive, 6 gig ram, geforce 275 856 ram and latest graphics drivers, and still i cant play everything on normal with out lagging. what is wrong?

is it my comp or is it the arma that is bad optimised?

Your operating system is also important, which windows are you using and 32 or 64bit.

Best performance at the moment is with WinXP 32bit.

MfG Lee

it also depends on your resolution. I'm only running a 19" monitor @ 1280x1024, so I can max everything with my gtx260. I'm sure if I had some 22" 1920x1200 I wouldn't

Edited by No Use For A Name

my resolotion is 1440x900 on my 19 monitor, and i have windows xp 32 bit. but when i change to something els, its gets so fogy. i dont know how to describe that.

Maybe disabling hyperthreading in the bios will help. Or a "healthy" overclock if you dont mind the effort.

SpetsnazGRU, whe you say laggy do you mean like stuttery? Then you need to defrag your HDD. (preferably with good prog like "UltimateDrefag" free version)

SpetsnazGRU, whe you say laggy do you mean like stuttery? Then you need to defrag your HDD. (preferably with good prog like "UltimateDrefag" free version)

Yes defragment is important in ARMA II, it will boost ur fps a bit :)

I have reed few people talking about how strong comp do you need to have so that graphics will bee good.

my comp spec is, intel i7, 750 harddrive, 6 gig ram, geforce 275 856 ram and latest graphics drivers, and still i cant play everything on normal with out lagging. what is wrong?

is it my comp or is it the arma that is bad optimised?

Has to be something to do with your pc... i now have a core i7 920 6gb ram and i am playing everything on very high with 6400 view distance and it runs very smooth for me... using 1680 x 1050 resolution + windows 7 64bit...

Edited by Cossack8559

Maybe disabling hyperthreading in the bios will help. Or a "healthy" overclock if you dont mind the effort.

What does hyperthreading do?

Your operating system is also important, which windows are you using and 32 or 64bit.

Best performance at the moment is with WinXP 32bit.

MfG Lee

i would disagree. Best performance is win7, then V64 then XP64, and last is xp32... I have them all i have Steam/505/.DE...
my resolotion is 1440x900 on my 19 monitor, and i have windows xp 32 bit. but when i change to something els, its gets so fogy. i dont know how to describe that.
1400/900 is fine for your setup, but what is your 3Dres? Its in your advanced settings. Edited by kklownboy

i would disagree. Best performance is win7, then V64 then XP64, and last is xp32... I have them all i have Steam/505/.DE...

1400/900 is fine for your setup, but what is your 3Dres? Its in your advanced settings.

People are saying that in older machines, XP is fastest as with me. The newer machines and processors like Win-7 better. I would say for rule of thumb that if you purchased your machine during the Vista timeframe, then Win7 would be fastest, and if during XP then run XP.

For myself, I'm showing about a 20% improvement with XP 32 bit, than any other.

Rig: Athlon 4400+ x2 overclocked.

I think it may have to do with the CPU as xp can't access all 4 cores of a quad core

What does hyperthreading do?

Google is your friend. as is wikipedia.

I have an i7 @ 4 GHz on a EVGA Classified MB and a GTX280HC.

I have tested ArmA 2 on XP32, XP x64, Vista x64, Win7 X64 - all fresh installs with newest drivers.

XP32 was leading the pack in terms of performance by quite a margin.