Sign in to follow this  
Chunk3ym4n

Should I get OFP?

I am interested in getting OFP: GOTY edition but would you guys say I should get it even though I have ArmA II? I got ArmA II and I absolutely love it so far other else than the campaign.

I have Arma 2 too, but I still prefer OFP. You definately should check it out, even just for the interest on how did it all began. OFP has hundreds of different mods - much more than Arma 2 or ArmA ever had - and still made, so you'll have plenty to play too. :) There's also surprisingly a lot activity in multiplayer too.

If you value gameplay over shiny graphics I would definitely recommend OFP1.

But if you can't stand rough graphics, well, maybe you better stick to ArmA.

OFP1 is still the number 1 game for me. I've been able to play ArmA also and the demo of ArmA2 but somehow I couldn't stand them.. Awful heavy physics and very very fuzzzzy graphics no matter how I tweak them. Well, with the utter failure of OFPDR and the ArmA2 community coming up with some interesting stuff, I might give ArmA2 a second chance. But I know, it still would never beat the OFP1 experience for me.

Oh and by the way, should you get the OFP GOTY, and decide to play the campaign, I would also suggest you do the Cold War Crisis campaign first. I have the OFP Resistance, and everytime I introduce it to a friend, the first page that comes up with the campaign is the Resistance.. When I first tried the resistance campaign I was already pretty much well versed with the CWC, so its like what I learned from the first campaign easily goes with the resistance story that this lead character was a veteran and stuff. I find it way cooler.

Well, good luck!! :)

Edited by remo135

Definetly get OFP GOTY, or if you likes fancy graphics and have a fast PC get ArmA2.:)

Well, with the utter failure of OFPDR and

What do you mean, I played 2 missions in the campaign before I uninstalled it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Good thing I didnt waste my money on it, nobody can make what Czechs made:yay:

Definetly get OFP GOTY, or if you likes fancy graphics and have a fast PC get ArmA2.:)

What do you mean, I played 2 missions in the campaign before I uninstalled it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Good thing I didnt waste my money on it, nobody can make what Czechs made:yay:

Hahahaha! Good for you!

But he's got ArmA 2 already..

Get OFP GOTY and grab a few mods like FFUR,GRAA WW4 MCM and viola you have ArmA but better. Then grab the HongKong missions for a good time

Buy it! OFP is the best. If you want turn and hex based strategy try the Steel Panthers: World at War series.

Edited by 33BO11OF00