Sign in to follow this  
Simpleman111

Freezing for 20 sec

Hi Guys! I just bought arma2 today and got the first problem.

Soo, When im playing and i open Gear menu, press esc key or open map The game freezes for about 20 seconds and then continues!!?!?!?!??? HELLPPPP!

My computer has 4gb RAM and 2.3GHz processor and also Nvidia Gt120Screen driver(or whatever it is) on Windows Vista 64-bit

P.S I've tried to change resolution low to high but still doing that. I also updated 1.04 patch

This thing is making my gameplay impossible. Please Help meee!

Edited by Simpleman111

Arma2 Freezes for 20 seconds when i open: gear menu, press esc button or open map:(

System:

Nvidia geforce GT120 Video card and 4Gb RAM

AMD Phenom 8650 Triple-Core Processor 2.30 GHz

Windows Vista 64-bit

Aren't these enough for the game? Or Why does the game freeze??:butbut:

HEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!!

doesn't sound like your PC is upto the job, got enough ram but scraping through cpu and I take it a GT120 is onboard graphics? laptop?

I don't exactly get your point...(my bad english). If you mean graphic card drivers, I just updated them today.

Sooooo, what would you recommend me to do? I would like still play arma2:)

EDIT: I bought this computer in summer 2009, so i'm not going to buy new one :P

Edited by Simpleman111

It would help if you gave your pc specs. especially graphics card. Does it only happen when you open gear screen or randomly while playing?:confused: Is it at least a dual core processor? It wont work if its not. I'm no pc expert but have learned a lot from playing this game.

Edited by Fishercat

The GT120 is roughly equivelent to the 9500GT, So it's not a bad card but it would struggle a little under Arma 2, that said, the issue is most likely a bottleneck somewhere, not sure if that's at the card, but it may be the processor if it's not dual core.

It would help if you gave your pc specs. especially graphics card. Does it only happen when you open gear screen or randomly while playing?:confused: Is it at least a dual core processor? It wont work if its not. I'm no pc expert but have learned a lot from playing this game.

Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GT120

Processor: AMD Phenom 8650 Triple-Core Prosessor 2.3 GHz ( i can't say is it dual core processor, or is this triple core..?)

RAM: 4GB

And the game freezes always when I open gear menu, esc or map. Otherwise it runs great.

Freeze on opening menu is an old problem that dates back to Arma1. Do you have a USB mouse and/or keyboard?

I had this problem, and found if i unplug my keyboard and pluged it back in when in game,it solved it, i'm using a g15 and still cant find whats cousin it, works fine with my old keyboard though

GT120 = nvidia 9400m

Technically, you meet the requirements.

Try everything on very low settings. It you still get the freeze, it might not be the graphics.

Also, defrag your hard drive and try some of the tweak guides out there.

Try a benchmark tool while running ArmA2 to see what your CPU and RAM usage looks like.