Sign in to follow this  
TheVipersFang

WIP PMC Addon For ArmA2

Greetings people :)

Here are 2 very early work in progress pictures of an infantry type addon being made for ArmA2. They are intended as an update of the PMC addon made for ArmA1 but this time with more model modifications and a larger variety of clothing textures. I am posting these pictures up to see how the community responds to it and to hopefully get some useful feedback. I do not yet know just how far this addon will go at this point because I am pretty sure that any mod or addon for ArmA2 will need to be 're-made' to some degree in order to be compatable with the new "features" that the upcoming expansion has promised to introduce. PLEASE NOTE THE PART ABOUT BEING VERY EARLY WORK IN PROGRESS!!

http://img136.imageshack.us/i/dpcuwip1g.jpg/

http://img243.imageshack.us/i/dpduwip1.jpg/

They will be done... WHEN THEY ARE DONE! :rolleyes:

Most excellent, when you say "larger variety of clothing textures" I'm guessing you mean a variety of Camouflage patterns besides just DPCU and DPDU?

Ie: is there any likelihood for Three Colour Desert Camo, Desert and/or Digital Tigerstripe etc etc.

Furthermore is there any likelihood of there being some units that combine military-style clothing with general civilian style, such as single-tone/colour long sleeved shirts, t-shirts etc?

Thanks very much, definitely looking forward to these :).

I think its part of the law of military contractors that they cant wear any camo that is currently in issue to any military units. Check it up though .

If these are PMC Tactical addons you're talking about, the last two addons I've downloaded from you guys have not loaded because you apparently have the needed version # set as 1.14 instead of 1.04.

That means I can't load your Apache or your Everon, Malden, Kolgujev addon.

...and I don't really want to register for yet another website just to report a bug(s).

Uziyahu--IDF, apparently this is just another private military contractors pack, not affiliated with the PMC Tactical modding group in any way. I'd suggest for the thread starter to state that in the initial post, so this doesn't get mixed with the PMC Tactical modding group. I was also thinking that the PMC Tactical had moved on to Arma 2 scenes already when I saw the thread, but oh well... :(

What you're trying to do, Uziyahu--IDF, is install ArmA addOns for Arma 2. That's the problem.

Anyway, the addOn looks nice, but they could be a little more generic. They look more like Australian special forces rather than mercenaries at the moment.

Firstly...

This addon is in NO way associated with the PMC mod team that ported the Apache and did some islands for ArmA1! :rolleyes:

Secondly...

This addon is based 'loosely' on a real life Australian Private Military Contractors Unit that has been in existence for close to 2 decades now. The reason for the Australian DPCU/DPDU camouflage uniforms is because there has been many occasions where the wearing of it has been a contract requirement, most especially on the occasions where they were used to fill the gaps in the understrength Australian Defence Force (fact, not fiction!). As for the addon and the being 'loosely' based on part, well that applies to such things as being able to perfectly re-create the weapons and equipment used in the game world versus the reality side of things. A problem caused by the fact that not a lot of people like to share what they have made in this community combined with the fact that there is only 2 people contributing to the creation of this addon with no other support (people are not obliged to share if they don't want to, that is their business, but it is like trying to get blood out of a stone some times). I am not talking about going all fictional and giving a PMC unit Abrams tanks or Cobra gunships, no, I am talking about the exact types of personal kit and smallarms that are available. Having to use a BIS M4A1 in place of other types of AR15 Carbine that have different appearances or attachments is an example of this issue. There ARE other clothing texture varieties, more civilian in appearance. I will also mention that this addon is being made to be played with only by a small number of people and is NOT being made to satisfy the greater masses, sorry.

For the record, PLEASE do not refer to all PMC units as mercenaries! It is almost an insult being compared to the racist war criminals that were called Blackwater :(

Now, are there any other off topic questions that I have to answer? :p

Edited by TheVipersFang
Further Clarification

Ahh so no Tri-color Desert or Tigerstripe? cool, no worries. Thanks for the clarification.

Contractors in civvies alone is plenty good enough anyway.

This addon has been postponed, possibly indefinately. A combination of unreasonable demands (not requests) via PM and a very bug filled game have completely put me off having any more interest in working on this. :16_6_8:

A list of game "features" that are a sign of how BIS has completely lost it.

Docile, unresponsive friendly AI. Super ninja elite hostile ai that can see you and shoot you with super accuracey through the useless long grass and trees and buildings and some times even through the terrain from well beyond the effective range of their weapons or yours. Incredibly dumb AI pathfinding. Broken missions. Broken campaign. More graphic bugs then I have ever seen in a game before. No concept of how real military technology works. Even at patch 1.04 ArmA2 should still be considered a beta. I have never seen such an ignorant game developer before like BIS. I just don't understand how people keep saying how great ArmA2 is when it is worse then ArmA1 was when it was first released! :throwup: