Sign in to follow this  
WMike20052

What would cause a drastic decrease in FPS?

I remember playing this a couple weeks ago with over 200 troops and my FPS mainted at 20's.

Now with about 100 troops my fps dips as low as 5 and floats around 15-20.

Its playable until it gets to like 10 then im just like....:mad:

I re-installed my latest driver for 4890.

Im not sure whats the cause.

Is SLX and JTD fire and smoke that taxing? Could it be the new version of JTD because it was fine with the old version.

Blur and Shadows. My biggest performance issue was the Post Processing / Blur effects.

Are you playing in the editor? I once tried playing in the editor w commands/scripts . If the AI got killed and the script left 'hanging'. It will brings the FPS down drastically.

Have you changed any drivers or some such?

Edited by STALKERGB

Location on the map makes a HUGE difference. Near a town things get really slow even with few AI.

I found a good performance boost setting texture detail 'NORMAL' and memory 'VERY HIGH'

Looks just as good as HIGH to me...

Grass is the biggest killer for FPS.. The rest arnt nowhere near as taxing.

That's the opposite of my experience. Grass doesn't matter at all.

View Distance, Resolution, Cities, AntiAliasing and Scripting

Me neither. Grass off or on full makes hardly a difference at all, unlike in Arma1. Location is a big one, with certain trees really making a heavy impact on my framerates. With normal or above textures, this impact is severe enough to make the game unplayable. At low, the impact is completely gone.

Me neither. Grass off or on full makes hardly a difference at all, unlike in Arma1. Location is a big one, with certain trees really making a heavy impact on my framerates. With normal or above textures, this impact is severe enough to make the game unplayable. At low, the impact is completely gone.

Same here... :(

Well thats wierd maybe its down to the gfx card then

TerrainDetail

VeryLow = 51fps

VeryHigh = 29fps

Thats just me on my own in the middle of nowhere so think what its like if im running at 30fps and turn on the grass = i serously cant run with grass on lol...

The only issues that will cause a big drop for me especially is setting everything to VERY HIGH when High is good enough (noticed no difference) Having a very far view distance, higher resolution, High 3D resolution (option only found after 1.1 update) and Very High shadows is a VERY big killer. i put it on and it sometimes crashes arma due to it calculating realitic object shapes into shadows (trees especially)

As for locations, populated towns with lots of carnage, and definatly forrested areas

I think i figured out what it was. Seems it was because i switched from playing on Utes to Chernaraus.

Chernaraus is alot bigger and has more stuff on it so i guess=lower fps.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

I also lowered Post process effects and it helped some. Had it on very high..