Sign in to follow this  
GrandmaWithAGun

Mod's not working?

Ok heres the deal ive added a few mod but when i join any online server NONE of them show up, it just says Blahblahblah connecting... blahblahblah connected. No mods at all.

Here are some screenshots of everything could anyone tell me whats wrong?

Arma2Pic1.jpg

Arma2Pic2.jpg

This is my target line

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@GOL09;@FPSHelper1.21;@GMJ_SightAdjustment;

Could anyone either correct it, or tell me what ive done wrong, or if you need ANY more screenshots please dont hesitate to ask. Thanks alot in advanced

1st thing, make life easier on yourself and use a launcher. Im using this 1 and its the best ive tried so far.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6649

Command lines are a PITA, especially if you play on mulitple servers like i do, some allow mods, some dont. If i get booted from a server for haing mods then i jsut alt-f4 disable them all and reload. Takes seconds.

Your GDT addons should be inside an "Addons" folder inside of @Black folder as well.

Try that and let us know.

Edited by Nazul

Remove the semicolon from the end of the targetline. Also make sure that's not a space right before it.

I know this is a little cheeky :P but would somoene just mind writing out the full thing so i can just copy and paste it into my target line cause knowing me i'd get it all wrong :P ? Cheers guys

The @black mod is missing it's "Addons" folder.

A good habit is to always look inside the "addons" folders and make sure the .pbo files are there (and not mis-extracted to some other set of subfolders within)

It should alwasy be .....blahblah\ArmA2\@ModName\Addons\file(s).pbo

And as stated, use a launcher (less room for error).

Test each lauch in the editor to see if the mods are working.

And remember, just because *you* have a mod dosen't mean it will ever get used (if the mission designer didn't use that mod in his mission). Plus, some servers will boot you for having *any* mods loaded whatsoever.

Edited by Thirdup

Ive done the black mod thing, ive test laucned and NONE of them are working, and if the designer didnt use a compass mod dosent mean i cant use it. I just want someone to write the correct target for me please?

All I could see that might be wrong is the semicolon at the end of the line, also the period in @FPSHelper1.21 might set off an error.

Try this one (Target). Just remember to change your folder @FPSHelper1.21 to @FPSHelper121 to remove the period.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@GOL09;@FPSHelper121;@GMJ_SightAdjustment

Edited by colossus

And your "Start in" is

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

and if the designer didnt use a compass mod dosent mean i cant use it.

Actually if does. If the server admin specifies which mods allowed for a game (if any are allowed) and you have one loaded that's not allowed, you won't be able to join.

In any event, test it with one mod at a time in the editor. As a rule, I try not to use periods in the file names of mods (just an old habit).

Is there a way that the mods can work, but it dosent appear in the text saying its working?

Which text ?

Hey GrandmaWithGun;

I don't think they're working unless it specifies when you're connecting.

Most large-population public servers (i.e. the berzerk one I see up often, and the BMF aas server) do not accept ANY mods as far as I know. I don't play with any.

That being said, I have played with them in the past, and used many mods for ARMA Queen's Gambit.

So, if I were you, I would just follow the steps from the armaholic.com link, step by step, even the parts you think you might have done right. I had problems with my mods back on ARMA, and following the steps individually helped me locate my problem (was a problem with where I had placed my "@Addon" folders).

Other than that, I'm really not too sure. That seems like it would be the only logical conclusion; that your actual addon folders are in the wrong place, so the launcher is not recognizing/registering the commands you have put in the target line.

First, I can confirm that you no longer see your own mod line. It will show what other people have loaded when you see them connecting, but when you see your own connection message, it will look like:

Player tcp connecting

Player tcp connected

I can confirm my addons are being loaded because I was on a CAA1 map and also have GUI modifications.

Just in case you notice one of the addons doesn't seem to be working, check that your structure is <arma2>\@modfolder\addons\*.pbo

The bisign should also accompany the pbo if you want to play on a server that checks signatures.

Make sure you don't have subfolders inside of addons, they pbo files need to be placed directly into @modfolder\addons

The foolproof method to check whether an addon is loaded or not is to try to rename the pbo file. ArmA2 will lock all files that it is using and prevent any changes.

First, I can confirm that you no longer see your own mod line. It will show what other people have loaded when you see them connecting, but when you see your own connection message, it will look like:

Player tcp connecting

Player tcp connected

I can confirm my addons are being loaded because I was on a CAA1 map and also have GUI modifications.

Just in case you notice one of the addons doesn't seem to be working, check that your structure is <arma2>\@modfolder\addons\*.pbo

The bisign should also accompany the pbo if you want to play on a server that checks signatures.

Make sure you don't have subfolders inside of addons, they pbo files need to be placed directly into @modfolder\addons

The foolproof method to check whether an addon is loaded or not is to try to rename the pbo file. ArmA2 will lock all files that it is using and prevent any changes.

Heya TCP, its Blaze BTW :P

So if i connect to a server, i wont see the Blaze is using modified files blahblahblah but the other players will?

Hey, Blaze. Well, that's what I got when I joined an empty dedicated server. However, I joined an in-progress game and saw my mod line in-between the two connection messsages.

Also, try to shorten modfolder names. Too long of a mod line will not load.

Edited by tcp

Some mods may cancel out others, I've had this happen. First, confirm that each mod works separately. If they all work separately try diff combinations to see what doesn't work. Also, why not combine them into a single mod folder. For CBA addons I add the CBA mod right into the same folder. Saves clutter and typing.