Sign in to follow this  
Daveyboy1978

Nvidia 191.07 arma2 performance increase

Hi, wasn't really sure where to put this, the new driver is out and in the releasenotes mentions armed assault 2.

* Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2

I've yet to test this as I don't have Arma2 installed at the moment, but perhaps someone could confirm they have seen any improvements?

Yes it does improve ArmA2. At least for me it did.

Will have to give them a try. Dunno how much it'll improve performance on my 9800gtx though.

Hi, wasn't really sure where to put this, the new driver is out and in the releasenotes mentions armed assault 2.

* Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2

I've yet to test this as I don't have Arma2 installed at the moment, but perhaps someone could confirm they have seen any improvements?

I posted these a few days ago.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87639

There's an even newer version of nHancer as well at :

http://www.nhancer.com/?dat=downloads

Cheers,

Eth

Edited by BangTail

Funny, the same claim was made about the 191.03s. That should equal a 24% increase in performance then? Or up to rather.

Edited by Shataan

Heh... nope, the 12% increase is only in the 191.07's. I should note that I didn't get any increase, but that's 'cause my CPU is a bottleneck.

Heh... nope, the 12% increase is only in the 191.07's. I should note that I didn't get any increase, but that's 'cause my CPU is a bottleneck.

incorrect :rolleyes:

the 191.03 provided me with a measured 10% increase in fps compared with 190.38

source

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1453772&postcount=587

I have yet to measure 191.07

Funny, the same claim was made about the 191.03s. That should equal a 24% increase in performance then? Or up to rather.

The 191.03 is the beta of this version, so no, it shouldn't.

just tested these and got a significant performance increase...

ArmaMark:

beta=1895

WHQL=2263

I even increased the graphics options.

2500km viewdistance (was ~2200)

133% 3D res (up from 100%)

AA=low (was very high, but don't need it as much with higher 3d res)

Terrain detail=high (was normal)

Textures,Objects,Shadows,AF=all Very High

I like!! I think I actually got the 12% increase (or more) they claimed lol. I was running the betas before this but didn't see the improvements

i can report through my problems here there and everywhere else. that these drivers rock ! in arma2 the quoted 12% increase could only equate to about 3-5 fps. i noticed various elements that were incredibly smoother including zoom function and general handling of textures, not as much pop up as before. i highly recommend these drivers.

My point is this, on the readout of the 191.03 betas, they claimed to give the 10 to 12% or up to 12% performance increase in Arma 2. lol So that makes 2 driver sets claiming the ARMA 2 performance increases. Hopefully this set actually does what it claims.

I've just got through trying these, no joy. Did a full uninstall & driver-cleaner of the previous drivers (190.62) which I'd only installed yesterday, still no joy. Main problem was screen-flashing randomly every now and then, and all the shadows flickered. PhysX disabled.

The 190.62 are fine though. New card coming tomorrow (BFG GTX285 OCX), so that should improve thinks significantly anyway. :)

I tested ArmA II with the two sets of drivers, and here are the results:

Driver Version: 190.62_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql

Avg. FPS: Island Flyover - 39.030

Avg. FPS: Run through Chernogosk - 30.712

Driver Version: 191.07_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_whql

Avg. FPS: Island Flyover - 38.503

Avg. FPS: Run through Chernogosk - 29.280

So that is a slight decrease in performance for the newer drivers. :P

My point is this, on the readout of the 191.03 betas, they claimed to give the 10 to 12% or up to 12% performance increase in Arma 2. lol So that makes 2 driver sets claiming the ARMA 2 performance increases. Hopefully this set actually does what it claims.

The drivers are actually 191, the .03 and .07 are just build numbers of 191... pity though, would be cool.

So that is a slight decrease in performance for the newer drivers. :P

you should provide more information and use a better benchmark.

the newest drivers provided to me a significant improvement for my system.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1453772&postcount=587

an island flyover? lol please... :j:

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

The issues I had and now still have are nothing to do with the NV drivers, it's the TIR5 drivers causing it. I seem to recall reading elsewhere that the TIR5 is causing flickering?

Nice drivers these! Just played the game with them & even though the game was mostly fine before, it feels a lot smoother now!& theres far less of that split second lag if I turn around really quickly in the game, sniping at distance is a lot smoother too, theres no lag when zooming & it feels a lot smoother when looking around in scope to pick out targets over long distance :)

This is the first game thats really challenged my 8800GTX after 2 years of owning it, but drivers like these & BIS's latest patches are still squeezing plenty of life out of it