Sign in to follow this  
thr0tt

% of game time decrease

Like other posters have said, it's too much work and not enough reward.

Is it really that much work to get it running :confused:

Sometimes I don't play at all with no urge to, then a day or two later I'll start messing in the editor tweaking my current missions or coming up with ideas for new ones and then I'm stuck playing the game/creating missions for a good 12 hours. It all depends, but when the mood strikes it's ArmA 2 all the way.

The game runs awesome for me. But I tend to restart the campaign after each patch update. I basicly to take my time, plodding thru this 1 really. Tbh, I am not really attracted to missions like " go find this guy for info adinfinitum". That`s rpg-like stuff, and frankly bores the crap outta me.

Go find this info, maps, nefarious peeps??? Comon now. lol

I like "here is a fire mission, go do it" stuff. Like we had in Flashpoint 1. If the missions don`t more interesting soon, I dunno if I will ever finish the sp game at all.

80% Decrease i still hoping for a direct port of MFCTI 1.16 or MFCTI 2.0 crcti is a nice alternative but cant beat MFCTI on OFP and modded.

I tried creating a port but I just dont have the time. To complete :/ so as long as no MFCTI for ARMA 2 I will not play it full tilt and will fall back onto OFP over and over

Is it really that much work to get it running :confused:

Well when you search for a server that has a decent game runing which isnt even that easy as some seem to not do more then just throw AI and units on a map it happens many times enough that the server gets empty fast thx to team killers which have fun in killing people in spawn or destroying vehicles. Of course thats not all the time happening. But its worse compared to many other games I played.

Particularly when you get home from a lot of work you dont want to deal 1 our 2 ours in finding servers that dont have idiots runing on it.

I have become bored playing on Chernarus it all looks and feels the same. I spend 90% of my time in the editor. I hope the expansion brings some interest back into the game for me.

I haven't even played it in at least a month. I grabbed the patch though. My computer doesn't handle the game very well and so online is out of the question and while I do have fun with me against the AI they do get boring sometimes. I used to throw a lot of missions together but I got kind of sick of it. Plus I have school right and two jobs so that limits my time a lot. I hope that the expansion some how makes the computer requirements lesser so that I can actually play online since I don't want to buy a new computer yet. I'm not holding my breath for that though.

From about 100% (and then some), to about 5-10%. Not sure why, but the public multiplayer games still suffers too much from online idiots doing everything possible to ruin the games. We still have our weekly wednesday clan sessions though which I attend with love.

Also Arma2 is still too addon hostile (for the reason just mentioned) to be attractive. I.e. I can't play with my favourite sound addon or addon that removes my crosshairs. The lack of tools for serious admins to do their job (remote control), and builtin anti cheat/hacks without locking away addon uses, kind of kills it for me. At least public games.

Or the fact that the populated public servers run on difficulty settings not suitable for me.

Finally, the game doesn't run very smooth on my computer.

Baiscally, I think I'll have a blast with Civ4 BtS until OFP2 DR or Operation Arrowhead arrives. Or some magical patch (not likely) giving my Arma2 a significant boost making it playable at Normal (or above) textures.