Sign in to follow this  
Nosedive

Anyone know what causes "Invalid crew SoldierWPilot"?

Any ideas? The troubleshooting forum was most unhelpful. But apparently it belongs with a mod, however i've no idea which.

are you using mods? its got to do with the mod config, you using mods that were ment for arma1?

LOL it belongs to arma1

thats the pilot of whatever you are trying to bring over.

Geez how in the world we shall know what addons/mods you have installed and which is causing the error? Sorry but magic crystal balls are out of stock.

It could be one of the hundreds of addons around which have a Pilot as vehicle crew.

So sit down and disable your Mods/Addons one by one until you found it. What addons you recently installed?

And last but not least is it about ArmA or ArmA2? As said in the other thread, ArmA2 does not have a SoldierWPilot.

Yeah your gonna have to spawn it as empty or change the config of the addon which you can't really do if binarized, i think.

This is cause i'm assuming your trying to run an arma 1 vehicle addon in arma 2, or something with a seat?

Alright mister professional mod user *W0lle*, there's no need to be so impatient. I have no idea what this error is, clearly, which suggests i also don't know the reasons behind which it might occur. For all i know it could be a well known thing in one specific mod, why does it hurt you so much for me to ask the community?

The reason i am so unsure about this is because i am using no mod vehicles or units inside the editor, i would have assumed the error would occur due to me actually placing a mod vehicle, but i am not. Anyway, thankyou everyone else for your suggestions.

Edited by Nosedive

You may be trying to use a mission that dynamically spawns units, and it was either meant for A1, or the author accidentally used that unit in A2, even though it is for A1.

Oh, and part of the... coolness of responses is that without more information from you about what the problem is, it is almost impossible to really help. We are all just guessing. :)

Consider asking someone, without any background, "Why is this so big?" Well, what are you talking about, and what do you consider "big." :D

Good luck. :)

are you saying your loading a missing an get this error. If so simple check the mission file you are trying to edit an open the mission file an locate SoldierWPilot with a word search an change it to the proper class name. That class was used from OFP an up.

You may be trying to use a mission that dynamically spawns units, and it was either meant for A1, or the author accidentally used that unit in A2, even though it is for A1.

Oh, and part of the... coolness of responses is that without more information from you about what the problem is, it is almost impossible to really help. We are all just guessing. :)

Consider asking someone, without any background, "Why is this so big?" Well, what are you talking about, and what do you consider "big." :D

Good luck. :)

I wasn't aware that was the case, assuming someone knows something and is disregarding it, then biting their heads off is as bad as my mistake. All i am doing it placing a couple of things in the editor and clicking preview btw.

Hmm. I would reinstall personally. Other than that it can be acouple of things. pretty much pointing to added addon content. just 1 addon can fuck shit up if not configed properly.

That error seems to be happening as you have an Arma Addon with a crew of SoldierWPilot in one of your Addon folders for ARMA2. That classname is not used in ARMA2. You can de-PBO the arma addon and change the crew in the config or you can create a small addon that adds the SoldierWPilot class for ARMA2.