Sign in to follow this  
John Lemon

Help please im new!!!!urgent!!!

hi i am brand new to arma right now and it says error d3derr_invalidcall waht can i do please help me!!!!!

As above - Graphics Card??

Make sure you have the latest drivers for the graphics card and March 09 build of directx - Included on DVD if you bought it that way.

Well for starters it sounds like his card might not even be capable of running the game

This can have multiple Issues. The first is, obviously, a driver Issue. Maybe he's using an older version or a version which is not compatible with his card. The second one, like Nosedive said, is that his card is absolutely incapable of running the game. Seems like D3D is trying to execute a command which his graphics card doesn't understand. And the third one, like Bulldogs already mentioned, is to download a new DirectX 9 distribution from here.

Product Current

Installed Driver Latest Driver

Update

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X 93.71

Then we have found the issues. The GeForce 4 Product line doesn't support any new pixelshaders like 2.0 and stuff. Unfortunately you have to go ahead and buy a new graphics card if you're interested in playing any newer game.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Oh and btw. If you don't have a mainboard which support PCIe, you should go ahead and think about buying a new one as AGP is not supported by anyone anymore.

theres no downlaod i can get?

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

so thereis no download i can get to repiar my shader problem? is there?

theres no downlaod i can get?

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

so thereis no download i can get to repiar my shader problem? is there?

No. Your hardware is too old. Arma2 requires SM3.0 support - your MX440 doesn't even support SM1.0. You'll need new hardware.

thanks

You're welcome buddy. If you need some help on configuring a new, not so expensive, computer, send a PM and we'll see how much of ur old hardware we can still use.

You're welcome buddy. If you need some help on configuring a new, not so expensive, computer, send a PM and we'll see how much of ur old hardware we can still use.

My guess would be: nothing.

My guess would be: nothing.

Oh yea, guess the same. But the HDDs might be usable tho. ;)

they maybe... but who wants to help him format and install win7rc...:eek:

Oh and save the family photos to partion E:.... and then the 4hr defrag on his 5400 20gig HDD with winDefrag....:( And the needed Bios flash...

I wonder if this thread is a troll...

I was thinking exactly the same thing myself.

Edited by echo1

Closing before this gets even more out of hand.

One more time: This is the troubleshooting forum, if you have nothing constructive and helpful to add to a thread then don't post at all.