Sign in to follow this  
Burl

Old days

Hey Gang,

I was just remembering the good ole days when F117 and Strike Fleet were the games to play. What games did y'all play on your Commodore64 or IBM286?

Burl

smile.gif

Commodore 64...there was this one game I loved but I can't for the life of me remember it's name...

You want old, how about this for yer? I used to have an Acorn Electron. There was a wicked space-invaders style game for it call 'Positron' and the Repton games were cool.

Commodore 64 was my first computer. Had many games on it, alot of wargames. Also had an Amiga 500. Both had WAY better sound than IBM had at that time.

I had Amstrad when I was 8 or 9..

My favourite games were:

Airborne ranger (ARR)

Faceoff (GHL Hockey)

MS Flight Simulator

Sopwith 2

With my friend's computer, i played

"Retaliator" (did i spell it right?) which

was a fantastic flight-simulator.

My first PC was a 8 Mhz IBM 8086. I played games like sopwith I and II, and some tankgame which you saw from above. You had to recue people from jails and capture a flag. It could be played in multi. I think it was called FIREPOWER. And i played Space Quest II and F19 stealth fighter and double dragon.

on c64 i played the train, some winter olympics thing, then this one where you start out in a chopper on a carrier and you fly around and blow shit up. skate or die, trying to remember the rest it's been 10 years or so

then on 286 i played scorched earth heh. i think on 386 i got my hands on falcon 3.0 and gunship 2000

They are doing a 3D Scorched Earth now...sweet. I spent many good hours with that game.

Also: Skate or Die, Porsche Turbo Challenge, Hired Guns, California Games, Commando, Bubble Bobble, Prince of Persia and tons of others...

I played Gunship 2000, f19 stealth fighter (later f117 stealth fighter), magic carpet, lemmings, m1 tank platoon, f15 strike eagle 2, wolfenstein 3d, novalogic's comanche (the first one), ultima VII black gate, ultima underground, chuck yeager's air combat,... My first pc was a 8086 (i don't remember when my parents bought it, i was too young) , then a 286 (arround 1988), then a laptop 386 (1992), then a 486 dx2 (1993), then a p-120 (1995), then p-150 (1996-97), then a laptop pIII 833 (2000), and finaly my actual p4 1400 (2001). Hell, i must have been playing computer games since 1987, and i was born in 1984!!

Well, I may give away my age here, but my first "computer" was a console thats only purpose was to play PONG.  After that I had an Atari 2600 and played games like Combat, Asteroids, PacMan, Yar's Revenge, & Missile Command.  Soon after that it was a Texas Instruments TI99/4a which you could actually program in BASIC on (it had a keyboard!wink.gif...

console.jpg

I played games like Tunnels of Doom and Pirate Isle.  

todoom0.gif

Pirate Isle actually was loaded into memory from a cassette tape attached to the TI99/4a by a serial cable of some sort.  Ahhhh, those were the days.... biggrin.gif

My first 'real' game was called 'IFR' for the VIC 20. It was a flight sim with instrument only flying. Loads of fun!

Then I stepped up to a C64. Loved Operation Space Station.

Then the PC. I still have my old 286 with an Ad Lib card. I loved that thing. It sounded so much better than the PC speaker. F19 was actually the game I used as justification to buy the sound card.

My first computer was a Amiga 600 with Flashback and Another World (also know as "Out of this world" I think).

Brilliant games, both of them.

Elite & Frontier: elite II were also good.

LOL at the Tunnels Of Doom screenie. biggrin.gif

I remember playing some sort of spy adventure game, that was crap, except it had a voice simulator built in.

Can anybody remember this? What was the game...

It pronounced Mr.Jones as Em Are Jones, I'll never forget that.

On the Commodore 64 I played the original Gunship. Became rather good at it too.. tried playing it again recently, and couldn't even complete a mission on all the basic and easy settings.

I also used to play Choplifter... heck I had like 600 games for the Commodore 64/128.

As for the PC my favourite series was the Ultima series... U7: The Black gate was definately the best... although the engine for U9: Ascension was awesome.

Speaking of which, why don't games companies ever use good engines a second time. Take the engine used in Tresspasser. With a few little tweaks to how the gun was held etc. that could make the best game.

Ahhh...my old 286...

I played a lot of games back then, like Prince of Persia, Wolfenstein 3d (which was really slow on that PC), Sopwith 2 (really addictive) and many other games of which I can't remember the name.

Back then, Prince of Persia took my breath away.

The animations were so realistic compared to anything else.

Hehe...

Yes, i forgot. I also played wolfenstein 3D, catacombs 3D,

Prince of Persia I en II and mach 3.

I'm glad we have better games now wink.gif

I liked Gunship 2000 on Amiga, Desert Strike was good, Frontier Elite 2 was one of the BEST game! I still play it on Amiga emulator (the FE2 disks got errors on them) didn't have many games on Amiga but on C64, had alot like Battle of Britain, Bubble Bobble, Commando, Defender of the Crown, Red Storm Rising(altho disk got errors), Summer games, Winter games, Blue Max, Beachhead 1 2 and 3, Operation Wolf, California games, Soloman's Key, Mission Impossible 1 and 2, Super Cycle, Grand Prix.

Had alot... 4 disk boxes full of them, can't name them all of course.

I had and still do have most of the games mentioned by others here. Still have my C64 and Amiga with all the games. Grew up with them basically.