Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

Bullet splatter/spray .. BIS or a mod maker could improve it.

The bullet impact from the so called "high powered" weapons in ArmA2 leaves a lot to be desired.

IRL sometimes the targets are literally obliterated from view by the dust and debris kicked up by impacting rounds and water spouts can easily go up 10' or more.

In ArmA2 the visual effect is more akin to firing an Air Soft into the ground or water.

If BIS can't adjust these visuals , maybe a mod maker might if it's at all possible.

It's all a matter of opinion :)

And as a matter of opinion, I happen to agree with you ;) very probably even as we speak someone somewhere is probably using, or making, such an addon. BIS tend to fall down on the side of smaller particle effects, gaining performance for the rest of the logic I'd guess.

IRL sometimes the targets are literally obliterated from view by the dust and debris kicked up by impacting rounds and water spouts can easily go up 10' or more.
Depends on terrain/ground structure and weather conditions. Business (bugfixes, perfomance improvements etc) before pleasure (eycandy, polishing small details). :)

It's all a matter of opinion :)

And as a matter of opinion, I happen to agree with you ;) very probably even as we speak someone somewhere is probably using, or making, such an addon. BIS tend to fall down on the side of smaller particle effects, gaining performance for the rest of the logic I'd guess.

You be correct, about the "someone" working on such a addon that is :cool:

You be correct, about the "someone" working on such a addon that is :cool:

There you go :thumb: :)

Dust, sparks, water splash are all fine ideas. Just not any gibbing - ugh. Body parts are for Mortal Kombat, not ArmA2 IMO.

Dust etc could be bigger and stay longer, ofcourse.

However that immediately makes me think about something else: viewblocking.

It will block your view, but would it also block the AI's view or would they see right through it?

@Evil_Echo, i don't think 'gibbing' (gamey term to use in a sim btw :)) is wrong in ArmA 2.

It shouldnt happen all the time, it's not a splatterfest, but when you are being shot up by an LAV or something else with a big fucking gun, you can expect that kind of damage.

ArmA2 being a sim and all, and ofcourse considering blood is already in, i wouldnt mind seeing this at all.

I personally love games that implement a good 'gibbing' system, like Red Orchestra etc. That doesn't make me a pervert, it's just more immersive because it's more believeable.

Let a mod do gibbing. That way you can get your jollies and I can avoid it. I saw enough body parts fly IRL long ago and don't need a reminder what that looks like.

Hopefully the ratings people notice too. If you want gore you should be over 18.

Let a mod do gibbing. That way you can get your jollies and I can avoid it. I saw enough body parts fly IRL long ago and don't need a reminder what that looks like.

Hopefully the ratings people notice too. If you want gore you should be over 18.

Wholeheartedly agree there. No need for dismembered body parts lying around in a video game IMO. Enough of that going on out there in the real world to make your stomach churn.

I only wanted more realistic bullet impacts on ground,water etc , not "living" targets.

I didnt suggest forcing it on people.

There are such things as options, just like where free-aiming can be turned off.

You can already turn off gore i think, i haven't looked at it that much.

Anyways, i dont see a reason why it shouldnt be in if it is an open option to everyone. Don't want to see it, turn it off, simple as that.

Even a game like Soldier of Fortune, which is heavily focussed on it's character destruction system, gives you the option to completely turn off any gore effects.

Dust, sparks, water splash are all fine ideas. Just not any gibbing - ugh. Body parts are for Mortal Kombat, not ArmA2 IMO.

gibs are real...

Shooting a 50 cal MG at somebody does gib you know.