Sign in to follow this  
Wags

ArmA 2 worth buying?

Only 256MB.

The 8600 GT is the best video card I can get for my system. It's the best one that matches my bus type. Anything else above the 8600GT (Such as 9-series Nvidia Cards) I cannot use because I cannot support them.

What AGP? I wouldn't get arma2 atm then. Save your $$ and get an upgrade. IMO

-Gateway Model GT5618E

-Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.30 GHz

-RAM: 2.00GB

-Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600GT (latest drivers are installed)

Anything else about my computer I need to list?

Yep - the cpu-socket, the RAM of the Graphic Card and the resolution you wanna go:

My experience is that a 1024 MByte card does clearly better than a 512 MByte one.

If it's AM2-socket (and not the older 939) you might have an open end to the future, you might even be able to insert AM3 - Cpus (which is the leading edge with AMD at the time).

The 1920 x 1600 pixels of an 24'' are much harder to handle than the 1024 x 748 of an 19'' TFT ... (resolutions only roughly estimated ... for exact of 22' see my signature).

Edited by Herbal Influence

Should I buy the game even though I can only run it in low settings?

By the time A2 will reach peak performance, making full use of its potential, odds are you´ll have a new system. Even if the developer ceases support sometime in the future, you´ll still be able to access tons of community made material. That's what the series is about, always has been. So yes, if you like the core gameplay, by all means get it.

even on new systems it runs crap so far. I still like the game very much, I'm just waiting for the patches to make it run good.. I exceed the optimal requirements and I still get mediocre performance.

From what I hear, some systems have problems with Arma 2. I exceed the optimum system requirements and I get great performance, 1280x1024 on normal settings (no AA) gives me 25-30 fps :)

I hope it gets fixed for everyone else.

From what I hear, some systems have problems with Arma 2. I exceed the optimum system requirements and I get great performance, 1280x1024 on normal settings (no AA) gives me 25-30 fps :)

I hope it gets fixed for everyone else.

1920 x 1080 you start having problems.

When you buy a 24 inch monitor you just don't run at 1280 1024 anymore....

For a system that owns the optimal requirements.... 1080 should be NP. Not the case for me.

I hope they fix.

I say buy it if you can deal with the glitches and imperfections. You probably don't have to upgrade your computer all that much as i noticed that the demo is a lot slower and glitchier than the real thing. I have a Dell Studio Xps laptop (2.4ghz core 2 duo, 4gigs of ram) that i use to play the game and i play on normal/high settings with very good gameplay. This is a good game, probably better than original OFP but like i said it has plenty of things that should be worked on ( aka stupid AI and numerous glitches in campaign mode).

Im playing Dogs of War now without my #4 (O'Hara) because he's stuck in prone position at the FOB, unable to move.

even on new systems it runs crap so far. I still like the game very much, I'm just waiting for the patches to make it run good.. I exceed the optimal requirements and I still get mediocre performance.

Sorry. :confused:

Even on old systems like mine it runs wonderful so far. :)

Although it might sound like a cliche: the newest hardware isn't always the best hardware to get. Because it takes time (sometimes even too much time) until the proper software will be released and supported. One of the best examples is still the Philips CD-I console. :icon_ohmygod:

Sorry. :confused:

Even on old systems like mine it runs wonderful so far. :)

With the vegetation tweak (available here), it even runs well on my really old PC :D

Yes, the one with the Geforce 7800GT 256MB.

I think anyone with an older PC should give that a go. Hopefully MP servers with sig checking will start allowing it.

Hello! I'm new to the forums.

I recently downloaded the ArmA 2 demo, and I love the game! I play the game in all low setting though. I can just barely run the game. Should I buy the game even though I can only run it in low settings?

I never played the demo - I hate demos, and I hear that the ARMA2 demo is horrid and players actually DONT want to play the game because the demo is so hard.

That said, I just bought the game. There's a lot of bugs, go into the purchase knowing that, however its a fantastic game and getting better.

I'm glad I bought it, now if they can just fix up these bugs :D

Let me say this..... although you guys think BIS isn't working on this stuff, or being cynical that they aren't.... I assure you, they are. I subscribed to their bug tracking forum, and I can honestly say, they are working on this stuff at a fever pitch in a very precise and determined manner. Call me a fan-boi or whatever, I'm not, but I watch in amazement reading it on a daily basis if not more, just how well they are doing. Some stuff is hard to replicate consistently and I think that the biggest problem.... I've tried to explain things on there, and tried to create missions that won't do what I've seen done in game, if they chased every reported "bug" that they can't verify, then the verifiable stuff will get pushed further and further behind.

Seriously, they are working on this stuff. It's gonna be awesome.

Luhgnut;1430382']Let me say this..... although you guys think BIS isn't working on this stuff' date=' or being cynical that they aren't.... I assure you, they are. I subscribed to their bug tracking forum, and I can honestly say, they are working on this stuff at a fever pitch in a very precise and determined manner. Call me a fan-boi or whatever, I'm not, but I watch in amazement reading it on a daily basis if not more, just how well they are doing. Some stuff is hard to replicate consistently and I think that the biggest problem.... I've tried to explain things on there, and tried to create missions that won't do what I've seen done in game, if they chased every reported "bug" that they can't verify, then the verifiable stuff will get pushed further and further behind.

Seriously, they are working on this stuff. It's gonna be awesome.[/quote']

It IS awesome, it'll just get awesomer ... :confused_o: ??? You know what I mean!