Sign in to follow this  
S-M

Any way of changing my player name?

It must be saved in a config file somewhere?

I tried via the games menu but it would not let me :(

Don't have the answer - but also want to change my user name without having to start again with armoury missions etc.

Anybody know how to do this?

go to your MyDocuments folder, find your arma user folder, duplicate your current user folder (along with saved missions, keyboard config etc) and then change the name?

I am not sure but I think that will work.

Go to My Documents\ArmA 2\ and find the <your name>.cfg file.

Make sure it is NOT on "Read-only".

Now you should be able either to change it from the game or you can change the name of that .cfg files.

Tried renaming it, this does not work, as soon as i startup the game my old name profile comes back from the dead, and now i have 2 profiles in the folder, but only 1 selectable one in the game.

It was not on "read only" either, any more ideas?

Create a new profile and use that instead. You can edit the name of all custom profiles afaik. Just not the default one.

The default profile is a complete waste of time.

Even the game thinks so, because it always defaults to my secondary profile (even when copied into the profile folder after a reinstall).

Yes, you cannot edit the default profile, you must create a new profile, which can then be edited numerous times. Not sure why the did that, must not have needed it when they were making the game.

Managed to sort mine out, thanks.

Created a new profile in game with the name I wanted. Then went to the folder in "My documents" and copied the contents of my original profile, to the new one. Hey presto, I select the new profile in game but still have all the key mappings and weapons unlocked from the armoury missions.

I just created a new one

To be honest, i am only up to the Manhatten mission on the campaign, i have done no armoury stuff, and i have not touched the basic training bar the VTOL one (did the majority of the basic training in the steam demo upon release)

So i will probably just use the endmission trick on my new profile, to get me back up to the Manhatten mission, and continue that way :)

If i can ever be bothered to go back to the campaign, multiplayer is to much fun :D