AC-130U spooky II gunship

Do you like it or not  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it or not

• It is the worst i have ever seen
    • It is bat addon
    • it is okay
    • it is the best addon i have ever seen

Mandoble will be releasing his missile addon soon. That will have a gun camera that will act just like any AC130. In fact you will be able to have it circle a position while you pound away :)

Here's the version for Arma1 ...

Edited by Kremator

Version 1.1 is awesome. Can I change my vote?! :yay:

Good job man! Just needs some new sound effects and a few guns sticking out the side of the C130. I can make a new skin in the Spooky II livery. Been thinking of doing this anyway.

I made a video of your addon

according to video, plane is nice but would be better with Flir and fire rate is too high need little decrease i think

Edited by Alpha9

that addon + flir scrip would make it alhole.

at the mean time Feint as offered me to make a skin for the orgional plane

so my guns fit in nicely.

The only think i need now are a static 5 barrel gatting weapon and a boffors L60 model.

does anyone now anybody who has this ??

or are thre already addons released withe this contens ??

about the rate of fire, it is as in the real world around 3900 shots a minut.

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

a nother version has been released the guns now have a continues sound so you won't hear one shot everitime you fire a burst.

you can find it at armaholic

Edited by rjtwins

Does anyone here think that the initial building of the AC-130 (normally done with AttachTo) could be done with a script that runs when the aircraft spawns? Just food for thought... :)

i bet is is possible but it would requeare to make an entirly new vichele withe intercrated models via the config file.

i don't now if it can be done withe scripting.

i do now that i cannot do it.

It's good but as you said it needs a new model, has to fligh higher and get a bigger zoom.

i,m working on the zoom but i can't make the model meself ?

does anywone know if that addon where you can glue your camara to some poit is aready out ??

and how can i make bulltes fly starter (from a moving air plane) without losing the tracers.

The idea is great and could be very interesting to use in some missions.

However let me add some issues you may want to take a look at:

You need an "Observer" slot on the airplane, like the one avalaible in the UH-1Y, an observer that has a "FLIR" or something alike (as the UH-1Y) and that can zoom and lock targets or use a laser designator to help gunners to aim.

Also on the real AC-130 the guns operate from the left side and the airplane makes left pylon turns over target.

You may consider adding a countermeasures system such flares.

For me the external model is not as important as the functionality.

It must be a simple add on to use and place in the editor and it must be operable like any other aircraft.

Adding the "observer station" inside the aircraft would allow to coordinate the fires and to search for targets, even infantry ones.

Said this I have to say I love this add on idea.

Keep up the good work and THANKS for your work!!!!!

:icon_dj:

am not expert with init.sqf i cant make it work, i put the mission in missions folder but when load i get cannot edit or play mission cause guns are missing.

Hello all, if anyone has probelems installing this or gets errors please contact me via private massage.

Hi everyone

i just hook up withe some other modders and we will probably start making the models for the guns (and maby the plane)

i saw it and allready sent the maken an e mail,

it will probibly be used.

I can't seem to find it ingame, how do I install it correctly? Same goes for the mission

well i try to make the gunship empty so it is avalible to the player on the game , and it is working fine except when you try to turn very sharp at all most 90 degres angle at that point i loose all the AI from the gunship and you can see them falling down from the gunship . any idea how to glue them in ??? LOL this damm guys dont use sitbelt

I like this mod

please help :):):)

well i try to make the gunship empty so it is avalible to the player on the game , and it is working fine except when you try to turn very sharp at all most 90 degres angle at that point i loose all the AI from the gunship and you can see them falling down from the gunship . any idea how to glue them in ??? LOL this damm guys dont use sitbelt

I like this mod

please help :):):)

anybody ??????

Hello,

I have made some tests using your ideas rjtwins and I would like to know if it would be a problem for you if I release a version based on yours but with improved functionallity. Currently I have succesfully tested:

- A script to make plane fly in circles around targets

- MP compatibility on dedicated servers

- Targeting estabilization (aiming at long distances and fly in a smooth pattern)

- Attack pattern configuration via in-game actions menu (altitude, bank, autopilot)

Cheers :)

Hey, I'm sort of making my own AC-130 in the editor but when using the spotter system the "AC-130" tells the spotter to board the plane and does not follow the way points I give the AC-130. Does anybody know how to fix it?

Hello,

Following the request from Munkee(GBR), rstratton and others, please find below the link to the scripts I already tested:

http://rapidshare.com/files/346376269/___AC130.7z

Test mission included and a folder with the scripts, cpp and userconfig (for keyboard shortcuts). Just move the userconfig to your Arma2 folder, rename the "AC-130_v12 (tested)" to "AC130", create the pbo with the AC130 folder and play.

Currently it´s hard to me to continue with this due to my work (no free time) but anyone who is interested can use anything included there to its own project, whatever it is. I do not need credits but please share the result with the community :rolleyes:

I can´t offer support to this so you will need to read and learn, but scripts are not so difficult and usually self-explanatory.

Cheers

Edited by geloxo