Sign in to follow this  
UbiquitousUK

SP Mission: "A Different Kind of War" by UbiquitousUK

Just downloaded and about to try the mission, feedback I've seen looks really encouraging. For the sake of accuracy in the Description though heroin is produced from morphine, which is derived from opium; opium is made from the latex (the white 'sap') drawn from the seed pod of the poppies - the seed pod is scored with a knife to allow the latex to run out and, when it's dried, is scraped off and collected. The seeds themselves have very low levels of opiates but are not used in the production of opium at all. They do make for a very tasty additon to bread rolls though ;)

Finally had a chance to sit down and play your mission, and just want to say it was a lot of fun! Definitely looking forward to playing part 2 and whatever other missions you've got coming down the pipe.

Just downloaded and about to try the mission, feedback I've seen looks really encouraging. For the sake of accuracy in the Description though heroin is produced from morphine, which is derived from opium; opium is made from the latex (the white 'sap') drawn from the seed pod of the poppies - the seed pod is scored with a knife to allow the latex to run out and, when it's dried, is scraped off and collected. The seeds themselves have very low levels of opiates but are not used in the production of opium at all. They do make for a very tasty additon to bread rolls though ;)

Yes, you're quite right. I've ammended the description on the first post, and will change the briefing in the next version of the mission--since this does not interfere with the mission itself, I shall concentrate my efforts on completing "A Different Kind of War 3" for now.

Thanks for pointing it out!

This is a good mission. Thank you very much, UbiquitousUK.

I liked the beginning, where that farmer with the hunter rifle comes out of the village to help the insurgents! You could put in some more civilians there, this was a great moment!

Furthermore you could put some more patrols here and there on the fields behind the airport.

Other than that the mission is good!

Hi there, a very solid mission. I've noticed that you're relying on the more basic possibilities of mission editing here and still this mission plays out better than the official ArmA2 content. :)

Would be nice if you add a small intro and outro later.

What bothered me was the weapon selection.

The first hand grenade I could get my hands on was from a dead enemy.

Also I missed an ACOG sighted weapon, as I didn't want to use a sniper rifle myself and the reflex scope is bad in mid to long range combat. Maybe I just didn't notice such a rifle as I'm rarely playing ArmA2.

EDIT: Oh and you should make sure that the file name is identical to the mission title to make it easier to identify for users.

UbiquitousUK you are awesome, just finished this mission and loved it, ghost recon style, thanks alot man that was so much fun 10/10

your mission worked well all the objectives were recognised and i didnt experience any glitches in my first playthrough.

the only thing i did notice though is that once the Team leader is out of action the mission tasks are no longer available and i cannot continue the mission. (if this is how you wanted it then excellent, but i think it would be nice to be able to continue without the team leader)

I also played this mission.

Edited by xmongx

Wondering if you are making any new missions bud?

I got a new super good mic, if you need any help with voice work let me know (: