Sign in to follow this  
Quantum_Peep

Looking for the ultimate SP Warfare thrill?

Well look no further! Get Cold Oden Warfare 3 and play it as LAN.

Oden has really outdone himself on this one. It works beautifully in single player mode.

I did make some changes, like disabling the fast time and changing dynamic weather and I am still, (unsuccessfully) , trying to add custom units like the excellent CH M1A1 tank pack, but otherwise this thing is a real beauty.

I usually start out as Commander, but after having chosen a good spot and having set up the base, I let the AI take over.

Here's a little story to showcase what I mean:

Tonight I've conquered about half the cities, (I always run with the all cities option) and have now encountered the Russians. I was heading for Staroye with my puny LAV 25, when I spotted a Russian T90 platoon. Just, when I thought I was done for, I heard the familiar sound of an A-10 roaring overhead, blasting away at the tanks. Apparently a nearby friendly AI infantry squad had called in air support.

With the tanks taken care of, I proceeded towards the city, when I suddenly got hit by enemy arty. I only received minor damage, blew away a couple of inf and UAZ. Seconds later I get blown away by a SU-25!

I've had plenty of experiences like the above so far and have not encountered any problems.

The battlefield is now truly alive and dynamic and the AI seems to handle Odens warfare really well.

Once I figure out how to get my addon units running, I'll be in ARMA 2 paradise.

Just awsome! :bounce3:

Edited by Quantum_Peep

Yep. Oden Warfare is my current favorite at the moment. It's great that the artillery is working, but it would be even more great if you were able to purchase aircraft at the airfield and build all the other buildings listed in the manual like the UAV terminal or air radar.

By the way, how did you turn on all towns? I was able to do that but I had to change one of the SQF files and I am not sure if everything worked properly when I did that.

I don't know about the extra buildings, but purchasing aircraft is easily edited into the config of the aircraft FACTORY, I believe. The AIRPORT doesn't work in warfare; Oden went around this by using it for the air support function. Since the AI calls air support, (and arty for that matter), it's a great workaround for the known issue of the AI not using buyable air units.

I am a noob at scripting ARMA, but Oden's been a great help and actually made me my own version of warfare with things like the F-16 and the CH M1A1 tanks added, no fast time, etc., which I will try out tonight. I couldn't get it to work. At least now I can see how to add custom units. Adding default units to the factories is easy enough though.

By 'all towns' I do mean the setting that comes with Oden warfare. It's actually almost all towns

Hey I know almost nothing about scripting either. I just copy and paste differnt parts of scripts.

When ever I run the normal Oden Warfare only 1/3 of the towns are active. I kind of like this though since otherwise the game lasts a very long time and the AI seems to get stuck.

I think I'll add some units now that you mention it.

I use Cold Oden Warfare 3, or rather now Cold Oden QP Warfare 3 :D. In that version you can chose the desired setup, ie. number of towns on the lower right at server setup under the warfare tab. In the "warfare" tab you can also chose the "Invasion" type of mode.

Oh, ok thanks!

I was using the other version (just Oden Warfare) with the CDF/UMSC and Insurgents/Russia.

I like this a lot but was dissapointed to see grass dissabled, is there any way to turn it back on...

grass is enabled via the dropdown menu. in the options for number of towns it goes 6 towns, 12 town, etc and then repeats 6 towns with grass, 12 towns with grass, etc.

grass is enabled via the dropdown menu. in the options for number of towns it goes 6 towns, 12 town, etc and then repeats 6 towns with grass, 12 towns with grass, etc.

I did not see that, Thanks for pointing it out :)

I did make some changes, like disabling the fast time and changing dynamic weather

Hi,

Could you please let me know how you disabled these two options? I know how to de-pbo the file, just need to know which parts to remove.

when I try to buy units there's nothing, when I filter to only infantry it says no factories.

Any experience with this? have I missed something?

when I try to buy units there's nothing, when I filter to only infantry it says no factories.

Any experience with this? have I missed something?

I had the same experience. So, I went to http://odenhouse.servegame.com/ and downloaded the singleplayer pack and it works fine.

Does anybody know how to exactly play warfare, or is there a guide?

I tried Cold Warfare last night in SP, but the AI took over as commander, how do i take command?

just klick on vote.

At - the same time, i didn't get a pop up menu? Is there something I must do access it?

Ok - but is there a further guide?

The manual is insufficient...thank you

ODEN whats the latest version ..a bit confusing vers 3 on armaholic