Sign in to follow this  
Path-x

Is MLRS "target artillery bugged?

:confused:
I'm quite confused too because I don't know what you're talking about. What happens?

I'm quite confused too because I don't know what you're talking about. What happens?

Well I put arti module and I sync it with the MLRS. I get in as a gunner and I choose "target artillery" option from the scroll bar. The arti targeting map appears with some error message. I can't use the map like I can do with the M119 or mortar.

Well I put arti module and I sync it with the MLRS. I get in as a gunner and I choose "target artillery" option from the scroll bar. The arti targeting map appears with some error message. I can't use the map like I can do with the M119 or mortar.

I thought I heard something at one point about it starting with the wrong kind of ammo and you needing to change it or something. Other than that I haven't ever even used the artillery module yet... which suprises me.

Yes it is bugged. Grad is too.

Static artillery work (including mortar).

it was my understanding that the MLRS needed to have special IDF munitions loaded in with the 'addmagazine" function

granted i have not acually messed with it much either

still bugged ? Can't target with the map even with the good munition :/

I think it has a minimum range, which I think is bugged because I was only able to fire and use the target arty when placing the MLRS in one corner of the map and aiming for the opposite corner very far away and worked, though when I aimed closer the target thing got messed up.

Add this to the init field of the MLRS:

this addMagazine "ARTY_12Rnd_227mmHE_M270";

Go into Target Artilley then make sure you are aiming at a target far enough away - the MLRS has a massive minimum range (as you'd expect) meaning you have to be very far away. Just move your mouse up or down until the targeting lines appear.