Sign in to follow this  
343rdBadger

Tank crews "Highjumping"out of tanks

My tank crews are "highjumping" out of the tanks,and gettin injured.Can someone direct me to WHERE this value is located so I can adjust their height? Is it a config issue or does a new animation need to be done from the port over from Arma 1 to Arma 2.Im tired of the crew naggin me that their leg hurts..hahha.:D

They're not actually leaving the tank, they're doing The Dance to try to get F4 working. ;)

(FW refugees FTW.) :beer:

Good luck with your question, though.

The value for the crew jumpout pos are in the CfgVehicles in ex gunnergetin and gunnergetout.

In this exampel it should be in the turret part of your config if you have set them

Otherwise its in the tankclass.

problem is I think ,the tanks are inheriting the animations and positions from inside arma2 via the t-72,not externally...so its not in the addons config.And I have no idea what data is needed to make them independent and properly positioned.I didn't do the intial config file.Haven't a clue when it comes to the config thingy.I mostly cut and paste and hope it works.So far its worked.....sorta.I just yesterday managed to get the proper AT missles to fire and sound the way they should.:yay:

try this in the cfg vehicles.

Scope CfgVehicles

Type String

Example getOutAction = "GetOutLow";

sfc.

try this in the cfg vehicles.

Scope CfgVehicles

Type String

Example getOutAction = "GetOutLow";

sfc.

I have no idea where to put what where...the tank pack has an unbinarized config...could you insert that code into it an post it back here?

Does your model have all the pos driver, pos cargo, etc. points in the memory lod?

They define both position and direction (e.g. for the driver use pos driver and pos driver dir) for the specific crew members to mount and dismount a vehicle.

they should...as its a port over from Arma 1,where the positions were all fine...its only since they were ported to Arma2 that they behave this way.Its not too big a problem,it just means if you get out of the tank alot as a human player...you'll die from injuries eventually even though you weren't shot.Blood loss from broken legs i guess:D

My tank crews are "highjumping" out of the tanks,and gettin injured.

You miss points in memory lod defining where should be the get in/out animation played (this animation is defined in config, we have three diferent animations available - low/med/high). See example models from Armed Assault and look for Named Selection called "pos gunner" and "pos gunner dir" (the name of theese selections is defined in config too). Theese selections and adequate animations are than defined in config. You can define separate cargo, codriver, driver, pilot, gunner and commander positions.

Thankyou my fine wooly friend..I think thats the ticket...tweakin it now...not sure exactly how to tweak it but they are aleast jumping from a height that they're not injuring themselves.I'll just have to play with it to get the sweetspot.:bounce3:Thanks again and to everyone else tryin to get this licked.