Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

New binarizing problem

Hello ,

I was testing the new binarizing but one addon show this bugs in the log

Old style material flags used - 1 (with texture bhd_t\mh60\panel01_co.paa)

and alot more like this one but with other texture - you know somebody how to fix it??? thx ahead

You should use the new types of .rvmat files (super shaders) with your textures. Also convert all the textures to .paa using the new texview2. This should fix your problem.

You should use the new types of .rvmat files (super shaders) with your textures. Also convert all the textures to .paa using the new texview2. This should fix your problem.

material flag is the "User value" that you put in O2 through Face Properties. has nothing to do with .rvmat or .paa.

To fix it put 0 into User value. I have no idea what the material flag does, but works when it's 0.

Edited by USSRsniper

Hi, Strange i still get that error and my User value is 0 under face properties for all the faces and converted the paa files and I have a strange problem when autolanding in that it banks left and right in swying and sometimes land also noticed that i cant disable autopilot while its doing that! Anybody knows!

I've got the same problem RH, currently testing out different things, I'll post up what I find out!

From what I recall the user value was/is(?) used for the effect to make a model darker

and darker on damage. Finally black.

Most BI models do not set the correct value or to zero since arma from what I recall.

One assumption is that with the introduction of the damage textures BI no longer uses

that feature to visualize taken damage.

The user value needs to correspond to the value of material in class HitPoints:

class HitPoints
	{
		class Hit1
		{
			armor = 0.15;
			material = -1; <------------------------
			name = "dam 1";
			visual = "damT1";
			passThrough = 0;
			convexComponent = "dam 1";
		};

PS: I may be completely wrong too. :P

Edited by kju

I did this on my new units, and it got rid of the error completely. Thanks for posting up the fixes guys!

Hi all,

I'm new to this section of the forum, i normally would be posting questions on the visitor forum. But i do have some problems with addons i'm trying to use in my new island.

I'm using the arma1 plants, which i changed and want to include with my island.

The strange thing i have is that for instance the "banana2" plant and the "banana3" plant are both using the same textures and rvmat files, still the banana3 plant gives me this error in the bin log file : Old style material flags used.........

You guys talk about the "user value" to be set to 0, but mine are all set to 0.

I'm sorry but i still not understand how you guys got rid of this error, again, i'm completely new to O2.

It seems that it only has to do with the P3D model. It must be a setting in O2, but i don't know what setting.

Any hint is welcome.

Thanks,

Alphons

According to T_D other values like zBias, Shining or Keep Heigth may be the source too.

It seems if you binarize the p3d with the a2 version, the message pops up in the log,

yet ingame its gone now.

To binarize all a1 models (available) is kinda ugly though..

T_D might have a tool to sort that in the future.