Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Javelin and other system expansion pack?

Ok, its 2009 and a military simulator, yet the locking with the javelin makes you feel you playing a crap arcade game.

In Americas Army3 it looks like this.. and to be honest, it is more realistic by far then what ArmA2 is right now when comes to this type of stuff:

Javelin5-1.jpg

now, i don't know about you guys, but instead of new campaign and stuff this is what I want to pay BIS to do. Rework the sights would be awesome for javelin, grenadelaunchers, possiblities for the helicopters and so on.

I don't know, maybe it is not possible at all without a major major major effort and redoing the game engine. But i would love to at least get an officiall comment on this?

Well, a mod for arma 1 did something like this (never released). It should be possible to mod such a function in. However, a fully working Infrared sight hasn't been very successful in the arma modding community. All the ones i have seen are either color tricks that aren't functional or black and white night vision.

Ask vigilante on the status. :P

This is a very practical suggestion, it does need to be looked at. This is also the type of stuff I wish to pay BIS for.

I could care less about SP campaigns but I would pay for this type of improvement.

I would definitely pay for a targeting and systems modeling expansion which gets rid of the magic radar and includes vehicle targeting systems. Improvements which are impossible for modders to achieve would be the best expansion material - and nearly everyone would buy it, unlike Queen's Gambit!