Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy the Saint

Three Fireteams plus one Staff Sergeant

Hello,

I'd like to create a USMC squad build of three fireteams plus one staff sergeant in charge. I've created three seperate fireteams, containing one fireteam leader and three soldiers. The tricky part for me is to give them all the same leadership without having them all connected into a whole group when adding the staff sergeant. When the staff sergeant will be killed in the field, I'd like to have another group member (with a high rank) to get above all fireteams, which means that a another person will be in charge over all fireteams. In consequence, one of fireteams will loose its leader and so another person has to move in.

To give you a example:

First Fireteam can be named Alpha, Second Delta, Third Gamma. They all should be led by a squadleader, the staff sergeant.

below is a picture (pic01) of my idea:

-first one is how it works in the editor without scripts

- second one shows like I want it to be

However I'm unconfident how real grouping and naming of USMC squads works. Maybe there is a list of typical call signs for aircrafts, land vehicles and troops availibale? Any kind of help would be appreciated. :)

pic01:

howdoesgroupingworkcut.jpg

Edited by Jimmy the Saint

Add a squad corpsman. I'm no Marine, but in the US Army we have the two fireteam structure, in the USMC I know they run the 3 fireteam structure. Also, we have our SL and Medic with us, I'm pretty sure USMC has that to, if not it's platoon corpsman. Like I said, I'm no Marine. I'm a regular Army guy haha.

Lookup the High Command Module

Thanks again JDog! This looks promising, is it reliable for multiplayer coop missions?

I have not been able to get the highcommand to work in multiplayer with humans... doesnt give the command stuff

Ok, so maybe in coop multiplayer missions I should just stick with three seperate fireteams who have their own chain of command and one higher staff sergeant (a ungrouped squad leader) who has leading status and gives each team a different task and colour for easier distinction?

Hello,

I'd like to create a USMC squad build of three fireteams plus one staff sergeant in charge. I've created three seperate fireteams, containing one fireteam leader and three soldiers. The tricky part for me is to give them all the same leadership without having them all connected into a whole group when adding the staff sergeant. When the staff sergeant will be killed in the field, I'd like to have another group member (with a high rank) to get above all fireteams, which means that a another person will be in charge over all fireteams. In consequence, one of fireteams will loose its leader and so another person has to move in.

To give you a example:

First Fireteam can be named Alpha, Second Delta, Third Gamma. They all should be led by a squadleader, the staff sergeant.

below is a picture (pic01) of my idea:

-first one is how it works in the editor without scripts

- second one shows like I want it to be

However I'm unconfident how real grouping and naming of USMC squads works. Maybe there is a list of typical call signs for aircrafts, land vehicles and troops availibale? Any kind of help would be appreciated. :)

Wouldn't it be alpha, bravo, charlie? And each squad has a number, so you'd get something like 1-alpha, 1-bravo, 1-charlie. You also need a corpsman in there.

You want this to be able to give them waypoints and stuff, right? Maybe you can make a system that creates a waypoint for a teamleader when you click on the map? Like a radio command called "order alpha". You select that, which enables onMapSingleClickmode, then gives waypoint to alpha on the location you clicked and you could create a marker as well, I guess.

Wouldn't it be alpha, bravo, charlie? And each squad has a number, so you'd get something like 1-alpha, 1-bravo, 1-charlie. You also need a corpsman in there.

You want this to be able to give them waypoints and stuff, right? Maybe you can make a system that creates a waypoint for a teamleader when you click on the map? Like a radio command called "order alpha". You select that, which enables onMapSingleClickmode, then gives waypoint to alpha on the location you clicked and you could create a marker as well, I guess.

The call signs I gave the fireteams were an example, because I don't know what the common call signs of all the various units in the USMC are. Just naming them alpha, bravo and charlie sounds way too easy to me. Aren't the fireteams mostly attached to a much larger group, like a platoon with a call sign of their own and therefore the call signs of the fireteams are dependent on the name of their platoon? :confused: By the way, I've called the helicopters which will drop off the squad "November" 1 and 2.

The idea of radio commands is something to be considered in single player missions though, thanks. :)

I have not been able to get the highcommand to work in multiplayer with humans... doesnt give the command stuff

I (just) need the high command function for the staff sergeant to give him a good overview about the situation and status of his fireteams while having detailed sitreps and being able to give all of his fireteam leaders sketchy commands or waypoints to manage a given mission as good as possible at the same time. So his function which I have in mind is to have the ultimate command over the fireteams. The staff sergeant gives his orders to the fireteam leaders and the fireteam leaders give their orders further to their teams in a more detailed and specific way. In conseqence the fireteam leader commands his unique fireteam and makes them work together as a individual team which should be able to complete the given tasks by the staff sergent as good as possible.

The high command module works great so far. Thanks! :)

So Jimmy you are able to get the High Command module to work, in multiplayer with HUMANS? I know it works well with AI, but with Humans I have not been able to get it to work.

Multiplayer how to:

- Sync the HC module to the leader and each subordinate module

- Sync the subordinate module to EACH unit of the subordinate group (otherwise if there isnt a leader or the leader dies you lose HC control)

Multiplayer how to:

- Sync the HC module to the leader and each subordinate module

- Sync the subordinate module to EACH unit of the subordinate group (otherwise if there isnt a leader or the leader dies you lose HC control)

Yes, that's how it's done.