Sign in to follow this  
Gorgi Knootewoot

What type of graphics card do you have

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Thehamster @ Mar. 20 2002,22:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm manging with me Geforce 2 Mx200 64mb which is crap sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why is it crap? Ain't it better than mine?

GF2MX cards are only ok now. There are games now that anything above 1024*768 will make em crawl. Anyway as far as l have seen the best thing for OF is a fast CPU smile.gif

At the moment I have a Creative GeForce 3, I got it a couple of months before the Ti cards came along, but I never regretted paying the premium I did for it, even after the Ti's appeared on the market, it really gave my ailing Athlon 700 a major performance boost, but now I have an Athlon Xp 2000+, so it isn't a problem anymore.

Before that I had a Voodoo3 2000, got it within a week of being released, and it served me well for 2 1/2 or so years, I hope my GeForce 3 will do a similarly good job.

A rinky-dinky S3 Savage Mark IX chipset with a mere 8MB onboard my IBM T20 Thinkpad, playing at 1024x768x32.

According to the game requirements, I shouldn't be able to play. Yet the graphics are great and OFP has always been stable on this notebook.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ Mar. 25 2002,14:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Thehamster @ Mar. 20 2002,22:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm manging with me Geforce 2 Mx200 64mb which is crap sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why is it crap? Ain't it better than mine?<span id='postcolor'>

Well it moans and growns with lots of games out there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Anyway as far as l have seen the best thing for OF is a fast CPU <span id='postcolor'>

I agree, my tnt2 sucks big time but the frame rate is great at 1280x768x16, even if i use setviewdistance 3500.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 25 2002,19:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A rinky-dinky S3 Savage Mark IX chipset with a mere 8MB onboard my IBM T20 Thinkpad, playing at 1024x768x32.

According to the game requirements, I shouldn't be able to play. Yet the graphics are great and OFP has always been stable on this notebook.<span id='postcolor'>

Avon, b4 I got my new pc last septembre/october (cant remeber) I used to play with my dad's laptop: it had an unknown video card with 8 megs of ram and the cpu was 400 Mhz and the ram was 88. THe game worked I was so amazed, but to load and save and quit the game it would take about 5 minutes for each 1 of the stated.

Now I use a Geforce 2 MX 400 with 64 megs of ram

MSI GeForce 3 64MB DDR. Very nice graphic card. Works great with OFP or any other game. Great image quality. New Nvidia drivers made my image quality even better. smile.gif

nVidia Geforce 2 Go 32MB 4xAGP on my Notebook with a Pentium iii M processor 1.06 ghz with Windows XP home edition.On my Desktop i got a nVidia Geforce 2 Ultra DDR 64 MB 4xAGP with a AMD Athlon 1.2 Ghz with Windows Me.My desktop outperformes my Notebook by 30%. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ Mar. 25 2002,20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avon, b4 I got my new pc last septembre/october (cant remeber) I used to play with my dad's laptop: it had an unknown video card with 8 megs of ram and the cpu was 400 Mhz and the ram was 88. THe game worked I was so amazed, but to load and save and quit the game it would take about 5 minutes for each 1 of the stated.

Now I use a Geforce 2 MX 400 with 64 megs of ram<span id='postcolor'>

Well, mine's a PIII 700 with 256MB Ram. So loading and saving don't take anywhere near that long.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ Mar. 25 2002,19:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Anyway as far as l have seen the best thing for OF is a fast CPU <span id='postcolor'>

I agree, my tnt2 sucks big time but the frame rate is great  at 1280x768x16, even if i use setviewdistance 3500.<span id='postcolor'>

But the new NVIDIA drivers have made the TNTII better then it was when it came out. I had it when it came out, and it sucked. A friend of mine still has it, and uses the same drivers as my GF4, and now his card is (still sucks) better then it was before.

I use a Voodoo 3 but it sucks. I think I'm gonna buy a good GeForce 2 soon.

Noooooooooo,

It is a great card, but i would save my money if i were you for a GF3 or 4.

Voodoo 3 sucks, i agree.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DodgeME @ Mar. 25 2002,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">GF2MX cards are only ok now. There are games now that anything above 1024*768 will make em crawl. Anyway as far as l have seen the best thing for OF is a fast CPU smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah thats true you might have a good system but you'll make it worse by trying to have higher res. I need the CPU power and a better board. I got a PIII 450 with my TNT2 64 Model card. Thats a 33MHz PCI slot meaning that the card is slower than a 66MHz AGP slot (of course that makes sense). But the only real requirement I lack is the CPU and supporting board.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ Mar. 26 2002,12:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Noooooooooo,

It is a great card, but i would save my money if i were you for a GF3 or 4.

Voodoo 3 sucks, i agree.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, but only if they get cheaper. I don't want to spend hundreds of bucks on a graphics card biggrin.gif

I always pent much money on Graphics cards. I bought a few years ago my GF2 GTS for 400 euros, and my GF4 for 565 euros. I think it's worth it. I had to skip some meals and fun things to save the money though smile.gif

I've got an Asus v8200 Geforce 3 Deluxe and am very happy with it tounge.gif

And i am happy Asus V8460 Geforce 4 ULTRA/TD

Happy, happy, happy, happy, happy

tounge.gif          tounge.gif          tounge.gif          tounge.gif            

GF4 is that is the GF3 should have been. The only thing l envy on the GF4 are the new technique of FSAA and the 4XTS has something to do with FSAA again. I would like to see what Nvidia has for us with the GF5. I do not know what shall l buy either a GF5 or a R300 when they come out cause surely ATI gives some very nice hardware and if they sort out drivers on release they shall rock.

Hope Kyro does something to battle em. The Kyro 2 SE will only rival the GF2 Ultra. :S

Kyro for ever!

And Voodoo ain't a crap card. It was great when l got it. It's just old. GF4 will be crap too in 3 years tounge.gif

I have a Voodoo 5 5500 AGP.

Good card, considering there is no longer any support for it.

My TNT2 M64 is still battling on, amassing a mammoth total of 618 marks on 3DMark2001 SE...

I'm looking at getting a GeForce 3 Ti200, so that people won't point/laugh/stare at my 3D gaming deficit