Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Missed me by that much!

ZOINKS!

Where is Ben Affleck and Bruce Willis when you need them?!? wink.gif

Scary stuff. And considering that hardly any money is spent on monitoring the skies, perhaps such a near miss will spur more investment in making sure it isnt a big rock that kills us, just each other. tounge.gif

asteroid.jpg

here we see a magnafied view of Wobble's forehead during his 13-19 years..

Im confused by this article.. first they say it was a "near miss"

then they say:

Like its larger siblings, asteroid 2002 EM7 follows an elliptical orbit with an extremely low risk of Earth collision in the coming decades or centuries.

It was a near miss.. but there is a relativley low chance it could hit us... umm.. ooookkaaayyy

damn it Avon!!

I thought you almost got grazed by a flying bullet!!!!!

geeze...you scared me..... sad.gif

anyway, i saw the article this morning. thought about wobble's comment about using nukes. wobble said only time we would use a nuke is when asteroid hits. so wobble, you missed your chance. tounge.gif

yeah...but didn't feel anything unusual, so no big prob.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Mar. 19 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im confused by this article.. first they say it was a "near miss"

then they say:

Like its larger siblings, asteroid 2002 EM7 follows an elliptical orbit with an extremely low risk of Earth collision in the coming decades or centuries.

It was a near miss.. but there is a relativley low chance it could hit us...  umm.. ooookkaaayyy<span id='postcolor'>

from astronomy's perspective, 1.2 times of distance from earth to moon is really close. however, for us, it's not so much of a close distance.

editted: spelling/word choice

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Mar. 19 2002,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Astronomy and not astrology biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

thanx....beer is solution AND problem

"2002 EM7 could hit earth in 2093"

Err...let's see...I'll be 111 years old by then. Hmmm..

still damn close tho and not noticed till 4 days after it passed kinda tells me bruce willis would have missed that ane

Armageddon is on Channel 5 in the UK as I read this. Well actually theres a brief news break but its on again after that.

I'm not a afraid of a rock.

The world will end someday anyway so why a rock would change that?

Useless rocks, I should catch them and throw them at this forum.

lol good ol channel 5..They know when not to be sensitive biggrin.gif

wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Mar. 19 2002,23wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm not a afraid of a rock.

The world will end someday anyway so why a rock would change that?

Useless rocks, I should catch them and throw them at this forum.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't throw rocks young man!

When one hits the earth we will never know,unless it's small,like that one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ Mar. 19 2002,22:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">....kinda tells me bruce willis would have missed that ane<span id='postcolor'>

no, bruce willis was investigating the cover up. An evil goverment knew about this so they did some gun running. which willis was investigating. Willis killed all the bad guys, got covered in blood and pressed the big red button which somehow destroyed the asteriod. biggrin.gif

When the human civilization ends with a meteor impact, we at least have a good excuse for our exstinction (like the dinosaurs had). It's better to be erased of the earth instantly by a giant meteor, then a slow death in your own garbage and polution. At least we can say we went down with pride.

Ah, what the heck, have another beer!

No, wait. How do I know that u ain't tricking me into this, becoz u know that i'll have to start all over with my post count.

Ahh, i got u figured out mister. U can't trick me. HAHA

To bad one wasnt heading for Afghan! tounge.gif Like in that funny movie thing i saw where bin laden keeped running and dodging those missles, and Colin and George Bush singing and then a asteroid hit afghan lol. smile.gif I saw it on the forum.Some one titled it "Sing it Powell sing it!"Well some thing like that!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Stealt Eagle @ Mar. 20 2002,03:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wonder if i should change my name to Stealth Asteroid<span id='postcolor'>

You mean Stealt Asteroid. tounge.gif

.....now all we have to do is to find out who threw that rock.

kinda funny, here we are worried of a nuclear war...and a stupid stone can do the same damage, or more...im sure lots of people would be pissed of if they wake up and notice that they are dead and never got the chance to nuke eachother.

....1 in 10 million chance to get hit by a rock?....it "could" hit us?....naaaa, but it would be really cool if it hit the moon biggrin.gif

".....now all we have to do is to find out who threw that rock."

It was them Arachnids from Klendathu.