Sign in to follow this  
DunnoDunKe

New Sci-Fi Mod

What Makes You Guys Like This Mod????  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What Makes You Guys Like This Mod????

• Futuristic Soldiers And Tanks
    • Mech Units (still unavailable yet though)
    • It's a Sci-Fi, that is all the matter
    • It's just another mod, so why don't we play it..
    • I dont give a damn about this Mod (lol)

Ive noticed a couple of bugs with the troops but as a whole GREAT job these guys look amazing!.

cant wait to see this mod Progress.

:coop:

Ive noticed a couple of bugs with the troops but as a whole GREAT job these guys look amazing!.

cant wait to see this mod Progress.

:coop:

i guess make sure you notify dunno dunke on this thread so he can fix the bugs.

this story focuses more on the marines:

i want the campaign to start off with a briefing like, "we lost contact with a base on

Star Light Island, Terraformed Mars, near the old Vetura colony they're having problems

with, Star Light City. If you need to brush up on your duties you can find a handbook

in your notes section.

at first marine mission capabilities are limited but they have knowledge of a helipad deep

within the colony at the police station. This is where they make their first move based

upon safety, but the unstable nature of the situation means be on full alert. its a spec

ops mission. since losing contact with the marine base they decide to land at the police

station as the next safest spot. Then determine the safety of Vetura. After arriving at

Vetura the republicans fire on the terran marines which kicks off the war. once the spec

ops reach the marine base they call in the grunts and we leap into the middle of the war.

Edited by BronzeEagle

okay. fellas...sorry for the long time no news..(i guess no need to apologise, this ain't a famous thread anyway, lol)

and, bronze eagle...i guess the story that you post today, is not needed..i'll go with corporation wants to rule earth and marines come to save the day...and after i read bout your idea on third faction, i'll be making the aliens..and that's going to help. coz im going to make that the aliens is the objective of the corporation on earth, unawared by the terrans, the aliens lies in the earth..the corporations want to take the aliens technology to rule the universe. they think they can control the aliens but they wrong....so for the missions, we will play as terran specops operator investigating the corporation activities on earth..(coz the terrans still dont know what's the corporation doing) and of course, the outlanders scenario will be available too..let's just say that the outlander wants to warn the terrans and corporations forbid it..

btw, this is new terrans Medium Armored Combat hover (MACH)

mach2r.th.jpgmach1.th.jpgmach3m.th.jpg

Edited by DunnoDunKe

that medium armored combat hoverer looks very alien to me. im interested in what your alien designs will be. aliens with armor on would be cool, like off halo. also some type of light attack vehicle would be cool.

Edited by BronzeEagle

Sci-Fi mods to Operation Flash Point? Awesome Idea. If I learn to use the O2 tool I will make some Sci-Fi mods by myself.

sup, bout the dark pic, it looks lighter in ofp...maybe my 3ds renderer setting..lol. btw, i've designed this thing based on ground control II viron's centuroid..no wonder it looks very alien..lol again..the turret picture that dante posted, kinda cool, i'll make it for rail gun cannon...;) and 33BO11OF00 (your name's too long, gotta copy n paste. lol), sure learn it...coz when u'r good at it..it's almost everything is possible in OFP....

Edited by DunnoDunKe

HI DunnoDunKe!

heres is a simple Sci FI Landmate.

scifilandmate.jpg

IT HAS NO TEXTURES

feel free to change what ever you like .

its ok if you dont like :)

if you do like, good luck teaching it how to walk , I haven't learned how to do that yet.

DL here...

http://www.box.net/shared/mfrjrr3tst

Edited by RaZoR X

not being rude to razor x or anything but dunno dunke there are already two walking mecha out there that match the shade of each of the forces we're using. Ocrambass's wanzer A:

Marcowanzy1s.jpg

matches the color of the terrans and the original wanzer by gigan:

meteorcrater4s.jpg

matches the color of the republicans. They also look alot better than razor x's. We could just use THOSE and not have too much work. Plus they're both well balanced with each other. If anything a mech for the alien side would be the zenith only reconfigged to be on the east side and we're done with the mecha.

Edited by BronzeEagle

My main gripe with the lower four-legged-spider mech are its textures: for its scale, it has TONS of armor seams all over it. This wouldn't be an issue if it was portrayed as being much larger, but as it is, there's just too many seams.

RaZor X's untextured unit might work well if it has a comparably sized and equipped opponent. A great set of textures can do wonders. I wouldn't dismiss the model yet.

Just saying...

good work so far durke

bronzeeagle: tbh i think all of us prefer this mod to be uniqe like have all its own stuff not jam pack with things from other mods and diffrent universes i like razors work he has been a massive help on the 40k mod and i agree with kyle it might not look good but trust me when that thing has textures it will look amazing. also it will suit the mod... plus it fits plus a mod is not about takeing short cuts shure it will take a while longer but its more satisfing in the end

any way durke keep up the good work

yah i would like to get all new material out for this mod and id like to get razor x a chance to shine. I would like to see some minor changes to the model for realism sake, cuz I wouldn't let a missile pod rest on a twig like that.

if you bother to read the Readme you will notice I left the Weapon systems basic square boxes just to represent where weapons can go.

DunnoDunKe has the ability to make sweet weapons and textures to I didn't bother wasting time on them. THIS IS NOT A FINISHED ADDON .

DunnoDunKe just wanted a small Landmate type model to start with so that's what i gave him. He didn't ask for a VOLTRON / Mech warrior size mech

chill out fellas:cool:, im sure everyone just want to make sure that this mod come to completion sooner....and if thts true, i really appreciate it...;) overall i like your landmates dude, only in a glance, i get the picture how to retouch it...i like the look of it (with thigh armor plate, shoulder armor plate, and the weapons position)....and macross head concept is tremendous too...

and as for information, i'll be using the wanzer also, coz for this mod, i just thought that wanzer can be used in desert warfare because of it size, an urban fight would be ridiculous for their size from what i think...

and again thnx everybody and i'd like to apologize coz there's nothing that i can give to you guys for these couple of weeks coz i haven't got much time turning my pc on..

as for conclusion, i'd like to say this to any young modder, (less than 18), savour all your time in OFP, coz when u get older, a lot more things will come as obstacle for you to work in OFP (loooool)

let us know when you begin work on the aliens. i know they're going to look good. You still doing aliens?

im damned, my pc power supply exploded..and i ain't got cash...yet..:mad:

and macser, if u reading this, could u please setup my soldier model for the sandra anims scripts??? i almost went crazy when all the model i setup in 3ds max went backside when i load the anim..loool, i'll be damned for sure like this...f*** me..

Edited by DunnoDunKe

hey look dunno, whats this mysterious alien staging that comes with resistance? its perfect thats what:

ancient-1.jpg

im working on a campaign

Edited by BronzeEagle

Wow this troops are nice.

you are working on some VTOL´s or so?

any chance to see the troops and weapons in ARMA 1?

well we have the models and animations if someone wants to port it let dunno dunke know and HE'LL give you the official yes or no.

Edited by BronzeEagle