Sign in to follow this  
DunnoDunKe

New Sci-Fi Mod

What Makes You Guys Like This Mod????  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What Makes You Guys Like This Mod????

• Futuristic Soldiers And Tanks
    • Mech Units (still unavailable yet though)
    • It's a Sci-Fi, that is all the matter
    • It's just another mod, so why don't we play it..
    • I dont give a damn about this Mod (lol)

wow they are very very impressive :)

Very impressive units. Sengir anims fits those models perfectly.

Do you have some plans on an opposing force to them ?

wow these are nice mate i love powerd armoud troops weapons are cool to (are they kenectic or energy based weapons) and the veicles look brill will they be balenced with dantes sci fi mod?

any way have fun look forward to playing with these

sory guys, it's been a week since a last online, i've been busy with works recently....:mad: damn so stressed out..

btw, firstly thnx guys for your supports, they make me more fired up to work on this troopers..

@bronzeEagle, bring it on dude, list down every ideas you can gimme..since my knowledge about armies' doctrine is limited, i cant think of much concept for the troopers...and check ur mail plz

And for the opposing force, they'll be fighting the terran army...which is will be based on mostly mr.duck terran marine corps..so it'll be Second gen of MR.duck troopers....;)

well, as for the weapons, i decide to make them, standard..(has magazines, catridges and so on) but two of the rifles has Energy weapons mounted on top of 'em...:cool:

lastly..and i hope you all be patience, i'm trying hard with with bronzeEagle to correct the error for the beta...

It would be really cool if there was an alien enemy to fight. Something REALLY different that could bring a different experience than just dudes with rifles and MGs shooting at dudes with different types of rifles and MGs. Something like the Zerg (minus the melee units of course) would be interesting. Make them numerous, low accuracy, script in regenerating health and give them big tough dudes instead of tanks.

Alternatively, you could go for super-advanced aliens with deadly accurate weapons and shields that make them tough to kill.

With a bit of scripting and clever config work, you could add in some unique abilities for an alien foe.

With all of that out of the way, these units look very cool. Good stuff!

i still never got your fixed error email. message me. I have an idea about a space colony on a habitable planet at war with the earth government over ownership of the land on this new planet when a private corporation who the colonists work for steps in to secretly battle the government. the corporation units would be yours, the government units would be mr. ducks.

keeping in line with this idea we'd need atmosphere machines.

Edited by BronzeEagle

That's a pretty cool story idea, as it's based off of some contemporary issues.

Are there any plans to come up with some decent looking futuristic looking buildings that are enterable and that one could use as defensive positions? I hope so! One thing OFP severely lacks in regards to addons are enterable buildings. Even more ideal would be structures that have wider doorways and well thought out bot paths so that the AI can use them effectively.

If it's not TOO much trouble, it'd be nice to see the standard BIS hit/explosion effects altered to better match the look and time-setting of the mod. I could be wrong in my deduction here, but those assault rifles/sidearms look like plasma-based and/or particle-accelerated weaponry, in which case it'd be cool if the tracer/hit/explosion effects reflected this advanced nature.

So, what would a plasma effect look like? Who knows, and that's the beauty of it! It can be made up! In my mind, something that looks like a "watery" splash when it strikes surfaces would be quite intimidating to see, and debris that flies off of vehicles/surfaces could have a red/yellow glow to them, as if they've been quickly super-heated. It'd be even neater if the debris/corpses actually produced a sizzling sound for a few minutes after being struck by the plasma bolts.

Smoke/dust should not deviate too much from standard ballistics, since it's the physics of objects/concussions interacting with an atmosphere that shape those.

Now, whether the weapons fire plasma, or are particles energized by accelerators, or whatever, the color of the bolt could be used to indicate the nature of the weapon. In classifying stars, the color of the star determines its temperature ( http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdeedu/kstars/ai-colorandtemp.html ). The same could be applied to the color of the plasma/particle-accelerated bolts. The more powerful the weapon, the more energy it contains, and the "hotter" it'll be. Perhaps artillery could be pale blue (the hottest of star colors), with bolts from tanks being royal-blue, anti-tank weaponry (similar to LAW rocket systems) would be a deeper royal blue ("darker" than tank fire, but it would still glow), and small arms could be a reddish orange blobbish bolt.

The color of these bolts might vary some depending on the faction which designed them, but Side One's colors would still be very similar in color to Side Two's hues simply because of the nature of the technology that's being used to create/emit the destructive force.

If anyone here is wondering why I'm not suggesting that lasers be used, it's because of its nature. Lasers travel at the speed of light, and are nearly instantaneous in gameplay terms. So, if one wants to create some "instant hit" weapons and call them lasers; fine. But otherwise, what we'd see would NOT match the nature of what we're calling the weapon. If this mod has bolts that travel slower than the speed of light, and only cause damage when they actually hit the surface of the target, then, by definition, it can NOT be a laser. So PLEASE, don't call it a laser if it does not BEHAVE like a laser.

It might sound like nitpicking, but when one gets the science correct, it helps to add to the mod.

Another neat weapon would be a concussive-shockwave gun. We would see a transparent and large region of distorted air travel from the weapon's barrel/emitter plate till it hits a surface, and then a sonic-type boom's emitted as a terrible dust cloud envelopes the affected region throwing about and badly stunning, if not outright killing, those caught in its area of effect. Whether this weapon is portable by a soldier, or mounted on a tank is more than likely an issue of balance.

Whatever, I hope these ideas prove interesting enough to incorporate into the amazing work featured here.

Edited by Kyle_K_ski

35688149.jpg

63021425.jpg

What are your guys opinion on this terran unit, i kinda out of ideas on how to create them coz i want them to look tougher than the republican troopers...

yea, bout the alien fighting, i was planning on it for third faction...well, i've got to deviate from my original storyline a bit, coz it think bronzeEagle's idea is good...with my units trying to take over the ownership of the new land (declaring independence, i guess?)..but somehow, there're aliens buried in the planet, like in the movie 'mutant chronicles' (but not zombies) lol..hard to kill, more sophistificated technology...and has powered armored suit like in District 9..it was very ass kicking fellas....;)

I could be wrong in my deduction here, but those assault rifles/sidearms look like plasma-based and/or particle-accelerated weaponry

damn you're right dude, it's energy based weaponry that 'blend' with standard munitions...(it's an idea, tell me if it's lame lol..and i've been testing some tracer scripts to make a bolt effects, i'll try to post the shots later ;)...i've made one before but coz to much lag and the bolt does not appear when soldiers are in masses

and dante, i'm also waiting more from your MOD, how is it going dude?

p/s: bronzeEagle sorry for my previous post, coz i wrote the post first before i finished uploading the file on the mail, and before i finished it, connection broke down again, it's rural area in my place dude..really sory, dude

Edited by DunnoDunKe

I greatly admire the revised look of the Terran unit. It looks very determined to inflict some massive damage. These guys don't carry flowers!

I too am a huge fan of District 9. Anything that emulates the aliens and/or the aliens' mecha from that groundbreaking film is a "must have" feature.

Thanks for keeping us up to date!

good thing you like it kyle:), i was actually think that this guy is a bit skinnier compared to the stormtroopers, and skinnier means weaker:(, that's why i need some suggestions, what should i add to this guy to make him more grunt and looks more bulky:cool:...it took me two days to come up with this model only and it's three days, including the texture...lol..

I think this model, could make a good special ops soldier, perhaps.

Hmm, maybe ur right roadki, maybe i should model another model for the basic soldiers....

Then again on the other hand the, soldier could be a basic soldier, make none of them with bare helmets, they could be drones or somethink like that.

i meant its down to you to what you choose to be your basic soldier model, the community can just offer opinions and ideas, but at the end of the day its you decision what you go with :)

hmm..yea, thnx for opinion...but is a good idea making the terran in the pic as a special force, coz i think it has smaller armorvest

i was actually think that this guy is a bit skinnier compared to the stormtroopers, and skinnier means weaker:(, that's why i need some suggestions,

Well, I don't automatically conclude that "skinnier=weaker." Besides, there ARE advantages to being smaller, such as being quicker, having greater dexterity, not being "muscle bound," etc., etc.

Could this unit be a SOF/assassin type? Sure. But a more important question is, does its appearance HAVE TO mean that it's a certain class? Of course, the answer to that question is "No."

Make it whatever you want. You're obviously very skilled at what you're doing, and personally, that entitles you to call things as you want them. If you want my opinion (and it appears that you do), if YOU want this unit to be more nimble, capable of quicker turns, capable of emitting a smoke screen, and is faster (perhaps with a jumping capability) and if YOU want it to be a "regular" infantry unit, then I'd be all for that because not only is it unexpected (and thus MORE interesting), but even more importantly, PLAUSIBLE. In your universe, smaller has its advantages over bigger, and that's perfectly fine. This unit looks so good, that if you do deem it to be regular infantry, then I can't wait to see what the SOF look like, and see what they're capable of. And the SOF don't have to be bigger to be more effective. They could be even more nimble and jump farther and move faster, but that's your call (of course!).

Aesthetically, it's great looking, and in regards to its capabilities, well, I have confidence in trusting your judgement at this point.

My schedule is about to get super hectic, but if you ever would like me to beta test (something I've done plenty of) don't hesitate to PM me. I give thorough and detailed reviews, and everyone I've ever worked for has never complained about my approach. I know for a fact that it saves them time because they don't have to ever ask me, "...uh, what exactly did you mean when you said..."

In any case, keep up the good work. Your aesthetics are topnotch, and being an artist myself, I envy your skills.

Now that's a compliment I don't give too often!

okay i just finished beta testing the addon. so far what i can tell you is i like the design but i wasn't happy with the sounds on the stormers guns but i like the assault rifle sound, i felt the best sound was the m5w i think its called, the submachine gun that looks like a p90, that sound is badass. the muzzle flash is too blocky on that weapon though.

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU MENTION IN THE BRIEFING THAT THIS ADDON IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH ANY MOD THAT CHANGES THE ANIMATIONS such as ww4.

also in the readme put the classnames of the weapons so people can design their own kits.

i like how you put this side as resistance because it could represent any corporation or whoever we want them to be.

the new story idea i have may work. how about the black units represent the underground economy and all its members allied together to forge life on a new planet where they can run business without taxation and the government comes to collect?! i think thats a better one.

but i got a better idea for the story. how about these black units work for a resistance group involved in the underground economy and wanted for that very reason and they colonize a foreign planet that will allow business without taxation! so their country comes knocking and a battle ensues between the members of the underground economy and the government.

i also like how on the recon unit and the squad leader you can see his face but his neck n stuff is still covered up. thats cool. brings some humanity to the unit, whatever unit they are. i hope to see the same with the terran marines update. some units whose faces aren't covered.

altogether you should release everything together in one pack, the terrans and the republicans, the republican air mover, the terran army vehicles n stuff, and call it a wrap. that and update the sounds on the stormers weapons so they sound more like the mp5kdw or whatever that gun was, the submachine pistol. can't remember the name.

Edited by BronzeEagle

I think it would be cool if you added some kind of heavy firepower walking mechs or Landmates

id like to see the republican army and the terran army doing battle on a space colony on a foreign planet and i have several ideas. one is the colonists are actually workers building a space lazer for a corrupt government to control its people and the republicans represent an independent branch out to disrupt its construction. anyways, i have some images for the colonists we could use as ideas:

zoe2-ken-marinaris3.jpg

zoe2-taper2.jpg

I also know an island maker im in contact with who could make us an island. more on that later.

Edited by BronzeEagle

somethings wrong with dunno dunke, is there anyone out there that can help finish these republican troopers? i have the beta. let me know and ill send it to you.