Sign in to follow this  
p75

Picture in picture rendering for helicopters, planes and tanks - BIS please add!

So, would you like BIS to add this functionality?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. So, would you like BIS to add this functionality?

• Hell yes, I'd like a hud/gauge in cockpit view to increase the immersion factor.
    • No, I don't see the use for this.

No, it wasnt that quick. It comes from several painful days of reading the trash you consider worthy of posting.

Kind regards,

Tim

Sorry, but I meant this about the discussion with BI. And if you read all, I care about the No's.

So its not a simple poll then is it?

Well, some people vote No, don't they

Which is wht I said "almost". You'll find that its a fairly key word in that sentance.

Well, shall we let the poll speak for itself?

That most of the forum members want more content and functionality? I dont need to run a crappy poll to tell you that.

And like I said, its not up to polls in the forum, its down to what the management deem worthy/necessary/worthwhile.

And please keep it on an adult level.

Ahh, the good old "adult level" defence. Running out of things to say, eh.

So its not a simple poll then is it?

It is if you consider its scope

Which is wht I said "almost". You'll find that its a fairly key word in that sentance.

Sentence, you mean?

That most of the forum members want more content and functionality? I dont need to run a crappy poll to tell you that.

It is more specific than that, we are talking about similair concurrent software which offer that and it is the interest of our fanbase and basically BIS financial status. As it could attract newcomers from an otherwhise untargeted group who love a tad more immersion in their games (especially the flight sim/tank sim fans). The game lends itself perfectly for that. I wouldn't have raised this poll if I wouldn't think most buyers wouldn't want it. See the outcome sofar. I just wanted to see if my instinct was correct and if so talk to BIS about it.

Your term crappy, is immature and adds nothing but disrespect, mate. Grow up!

You also want to try to discuss this further than its scope of just being a simple question. And I pitty your hostility.

And like I said, its not up to polls in the forum, its down to what the management deem worthy/necessary/worthwhile.

Thank you for telling a grown business owner how the world works.

Ahh, the good old "adult level" defence. Running out of things to say, eh.

I'm just baffled by your way of communicating. This poll is valid and you deem it necessary to go on a raving flame war. Please think before your write! I mean well for the community and I just polled for an opinion, which is shared by many. Maybe instead of complaining you could take initiative to get things rolling?

That is it from me for you, as Fyia you're not able to communicate on a normal level. And take it for what it is. Just a simple poll. Keep the hostility for your own, I don't appreciate that kind of behaviour.

Edited by p75

That is it from me for you, as Fyia you're not able to communicate on a normal level...<quoted later> ...Keep the hostility for your own, I don't appreciate that kind of behaviour.

A failure in communication is when one party gives up and no longer engages in dialog. So make of that what you will. As for behaviour, well, its a forum, so get used to it, and not just from me. (also, "quitting" the thread, very mature...)

And take it for what it is. Just a simple poll.
It is if you consider its scope

You keep talking about it being simple, and its scope, but you keep shooting down any discussion of that scope. And that scope is important.

A GOOD poll would offer many options, which would take into account all the factors. As it stands, this poll is NOT a good one. Like I mentioned earlier, its the equivalent of asking "do you want free money". And like I said before, the majority will say yes. You're asking a loaded question, and one which you will never get a straight answer to. Basically, what you are doing is "massaging" the figures to suit your own gains. You have some desire to somehow "present" this to BI, saying "look, 2524226348927 people on the forum want this feature" and because of the large number of backers you appear to have a solid case.

If you had started a good poll, you would have reasonable questions like:

Do you want render to texture:

Yes, regardless

Yes, as long as it doesnt affect other bugfixings/functionality additions

Yes, as long as it doesnt effect performance in a negative way

Yes, as long as... etc etc

No, because it will take too much time away from....

No, because.... etc etc

The point is, since you want to present this as some form of "leverage" to get BI to make the changes, you need to present ALL the options.

It is more specific than that, we are talking about similair concurrent software which offer that and it is the interest of our fanbase and basically BIS financial status. As it could attract newcomers from an otherwhise untargeted group who love a tad more immersion in their games (especially the flight sim/tank sim fans). The game lends itself perfectly for that. I wouldn't have raised this poll if I wouldn't think most buyers wouldn't want it. See the outcome sofar. I just wanted to see if my instinct was correct and if so talk to BIS about it.

Wow... so despite the fact that the armour/damage model is still awful, the flight models are arcade and weapon effects are generic, the fact that we now have working mfd's, tv's and other such things is going to bring people who strive for 100% realism to the game in the 100's? I doubt it somehow...

Your term crappy, is immature and adds nothing but disrespect, mate. Grow up!

I'm not your mate, buddy.

You also want to try to discuss this further than its scope of just being a simple question. And I pitty your hostility.

See above, also my hostility needs no pity.

I'm just baffled by your way of communicating. This poll is valid and you deem it necessary to go on a raving flame war. Please think before your write! I mean well for the community and I just polled for an opinion, which is shared by many. Maybe instead of complaining you could take initiative to get things rolling?

The poll is not valid because it does not provide enough options in order to properly capture all the data before you can present it as some sort of "arguement in favour of..."

A failure in communication is when one party gives up and no longer engages in dialog. So make of that what you will. As for behaviour, well, its a forum, so get used to it, and not just from me. (also, "quitting" the thread, very mature...)

You keep talking about it being simple, and its scope, but you keep shooting down any discussion of that scope. And that scope is important.

A GOOD poll would offer many options, which would take into account all the factors. As it stands, this poll is NOT a good one. Like I mentioned earlier, its the equivalent of asking "do you want free money". And like I said before, the majority will say yes. You're asking a loaded question, and one which you will never get a straight answer to. Basically, what you are doing is "massaging" the figures to suit your own gains. You have some desire to somehow "present" this to BI, saying "look, 2524226348927 people on the forum want this feature" and because of the large number of backers you appear to have a solid case.

If you had started a good poll, you would have reasonable questions like:

Do you want render to texture:

Yes, regardless

Yes, as long as it doesnt affect other bugfixings/functionality additions

Yes, as long as it doesnt effect performance in a negative way

Yes, as long as... etc etc

No, because it will take too much time away from....

No, because.... etc etc

The point is, since you want to present this as some form of "leverage" to get BI to make the changes, you need to present ALL the options.

Wow... so despite the fact that the armour/damage model is still awful, the flight models are arcade and weapon effects are generic, the fact that we now have working mfd's, tv's and other such things is going to bring people who strive for 100% realism to the game in the 100's? I doubt it somehow...

I'm not your mate, buddy.

See above, also my hostility needs no pity.

The poll is not valid because it does not provide enough options in order to properly capture all the data before you can present it as some sort of "arguement in favour of..."

DM, the question is set in a certain scope. That is just a fact.

I'd like to see the numbers as my personal (and according to others, see poll results) feeling is that it will significantly add towards the quality of the product and potentially increase a significant sale boost as it can achieve some penetration from a market where the avionics and missing hud interactions are missed in current form of Arma 2.

The engine shows clear beauty, and I'm convinced that it would be technically achieviable. As said earlier, I'm not hear to say it should be implemented now, because of other outstanding issues. And BIS resource limits. I'm here to say however to BIS if people agree that adding this feature will increase the sale base and the uniqueness of the product.

I have the feeling that you want to tell me that it was tried before and it was not a success. Well, maybe we should try again and make BIS paradigm shift to see the potential of adding such features. I'm fully aware that other features are more important. However, I think the people would like to see this added, and if so, we should try to get into some dialogue with BIS.

About you not being my mate, I'm sorry, it was not meant literally, it was a matter of speech.

There are many factors which might compromise such a feature (balancing, technical, financial), that is why I made a simple poll to see what the general feeling is, based on those results one can go into a dialogue and see what is needed so all parties benefit. So, a top down approach, not bottom up.

I do pitty the hostility, because it shuts down any form of normal communication.

Edited by p75

I do pitty the hostility, because it shuts down any form of normal communication.

Normal communication opens up multiple avenues of discussion and does not force all participants to agree on one point of view.

The only hostility here is coming from you, and it is only because you are unable to comprehend that your poll is flawed.

Yes you've got this agenda, yes things like it have been tried before. The big point your missing is that your data (i.e. this poll) will not be conclusive enough to persuade BI (or anyone else for that matter) that the thing you are championing is worth the time/effort investment.

Make the poll valid by covering all the possiblities and you will have a much better chance of persuading anybody that its the right thing to do.

Keep pushing this "its in a certain scope" bullshit and no one is going to listen to you by the end of the day.

Also, your last few posts have been contrary to the forum rules:

§12) Do not type in all capital letters, all bold, or in a non-black font

Typing in all caps equates (according to standard net etiquette) to yelling. It is also difficult and obnoxious to read such posts. This also applies to posting all in bold or all in a certain font colour just to try to make your words stand out, if your point is interesting enough or well written enough it will stand out. You're welcome of course to use different colours for parts of your post if it helps clarify certain areas, but typing complete messages in any colour other than black should be avoided.

:)

Edited by DM
edited the rule quote for clarity

after reading through six pages of this, thinking that it might go somewhere. I only have one question...

Can i have half hour of my life back please ?

=

after reading through six pages of this, thinking that it might go somewhere. I only have one question...

Can i have half hour of my life back please ?

=

Sorry, mate, that was certainly not the intention!

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Normal communication opens up multiple avenues of discussion and does not force all participants to agree on one point of view.

The only hostility here is coming from you, and it is only because you are unable to comprehend that your poll is flawed.

Yes you've got this agenda, yes things like it have been tried before. The big point your missing is that your data (i.e. this poll) will not be conclusive enough to persuade BI (or anyone else for that matter) that the thing you are championing is worth the time/effort investment.

Make the poll valid by covering all the possiblities and you will have a much better chance of persuading anybody that its the right thing to do.

Keep pushing this "its in a certain scope" bullshit and no one is going to listen to you by the end of the day.

Also, your last few posts have been contrary to the forum rules:

:)

Your approach is bottom up, mine is bottom down. As there many, many factors to consider, I choose for that option, it is debateable what is best.

But just simply stating that yours is better is flawed. You seem to be here long enough, maybe the bottom up approach sofar did not work? I'm not alone in this, see results and scope.

Anyhow, I value your input, but try to shift your paradigm, it might help?

Whoa. this guy has no clue about what goes into programming, and what ArmA addons actually can do..

I hope this was pointed at DM...

Pointless debate is pointless...

+1 to DM for quoting rule #12 for the second time today (my quoting it earlier being the first).

Yay for others seeing how RIDICULOUS and BIASED p75 and his poll are. Never mind his extremely ironic behavior and attitude.

p75 needs to DISCUSS something, if he wants to have a discussion. He is doing nothing of the sort. He is not even tickling the idea of something other than his ideals being in some outlandish way, right.

He is being unbelievably closed minded in this and his responses really show what this poll is worth. Nothing. Nothing at all. Might aswell have asked the public if they like apples or oranges better, then brought that up with BIS. As it has been stated by others aswell as myself, in order for this poll it be worth anything, it needs to be done differently.

Closing the discussion on this to his 'scope' is nothing more than ignoring plain and clear facts. The 'scope' of this poll as he puts it would (Again...) make this poll and its outcome worth NOTHING.

Please come back to reality p75. Perhaps having more than just one person showing you your faults will help you realize them.

Aswell, your the one not able to 'communicate on a normal level'. You ignore everything that is not in your favor.

Ignorant cat is ignorant. :)

Yay for others seeing how RIDICULOUS and BIASED p75 and his poll are. Never mind his extremely ironic behavior and attitude.

p75 needs to DISCUSS something, if he wants to have a discussion. He is doing nothing of the sort. He is not even tickling the idea of something other than his ideals being in some outlandish way, right.

He is being unbelievably closed minded in this and his responses really show what this poll is worth. Nothing. Nothing at all. Might aswell have asked the public if they like apples or oranges better, then brought that up with BIS. As it has been stated by others aswell as myself, in order for this poll it be worth anything, it needs to be done differently.

Closing the discussion on this to his 'scope' is nothing more than ignoring plain and clear facts. The 'scope' of this poll as he puts it would (Again...) make this poll and its outcome worth NOTHING.

Please come back to reality p75. Perhaps having more than just one person showing you your faults will help you realize them.

Aswell, your the one not able to 'communicate on a normal level'. You ignore everything that is not in your favor.

Ignorant cat is ignorant. :)

Fiya, you sound like a broken record, who can't accept reality as it is.

Your insulting manner of writing is beyond belief and shows some serious character flaws. You sound like an angry teen in distress. Please grow up?

Reread my previous post about you, in this very thread related to this topic, as I think you did not fully comprehend their contents ( I don't want to sound like a broken record ).

I don't want to start qualifying your level of intelligence and way of communicating as it is simply not worth my time. Take your flaming habits somewhere else.

Thank you!

Edited by p75

Classic case of pot calling the kettle black me thinks...

Your insulting manner of writing is beyond belief and shows some serious character flaws. You sound like an angry teen in distress. Please grow up?...

...I don't want to start qualifying your level of intelligence and way of communicating as it is simply not worth my time. Take your flaming habits somewhere else.

And resorting to personal insults is the height of maturity, right?

Classic case of pot calling the kettle black me thinks...

And resorting to personal insults is the height of maturity, right?

Edited by p75

Your insulting manner of writing is beyond belief and shows some serious character flaws. You sound like an angry teen in distress. Please grow up?

Reread my previous post about you, in this very thread related to this topic, as I think you did not fully comprehend their contents ( I don't want to sound like a broken record ).

I don't want to start qualifying your level of intelligence and way of communicating as it is simply not worth my time. Take your flaming habits somewhere else.

Thank you!

Lol your unbelievable! Me? A broken record? Aren't you the one with ONLY ONE RESPONSE. (Your above response? They all say the same thing, what does it matter which I look at.) You can't even discuss anything. You have no argument, not even a real logical reason. Your like a bad politician, who after his dirty plot is discovered, keeps trying to use the same excuse.

I do have character flaws. Unfortunately for you, intelligence or a lack thereof is not my flaw.

Learn to read. Just because someone else types it, doesn't mean its not true.

Oh, also I didn't mean to be insulting, I'm trying to guilt you into reality. Apparently it doesn't work.

The more I think about the scope of this thread....I think having in-dash YouTube videos in the cockpit might be more functional and entertaining.

Can I change my vote or do I need to start a seperate suggestion thread?

More like in-dash scrolling Youtube comments, because that's what this thread reminds me of.

More like in-dash scrolling Youtube comments, because that's what this thread reminds me of.

I am a fan of those myself . :)

Ridiculous thread is ridiculous.

I wished we had a button like this for threads like that.

Ummm...I guess we need a poll about it. :pet7:

Selfdestruct1.jpg

So the new "scope" of the thread is a big red button that scrolls Youtube comments.

I'm liking where this is going. See what we can accomplish when we work together?

BIS, please add NOW! The poll results will clearly prove that dozens in the community are in favor of this.......

This thread is starting to get entertaining :)

Entertaining threads are more at risk of being closed... :j:

:popcornsmilie: