Sign in to follow this  
gneed

Danger! warning! beware!

Please notice this and take warning:

The plastic box/ case/ envelope /whatever that the game CD-rom is delivered in is EVIL! Yesterday, when I was about to take out my disk in order to fulfill my playing desires, the goddamn CD gets stuck in the plastic in the middle and then CRACK! did my disk break in the middle.

I most strongly advise everybody to store The World's Best Game in a safer way (i.e. not in the original box).

If anybody wonders: Yes of course, I went directly to the store and bought a new copy after work today. 20 hours without Flashpiont is more than enough for me...

Poor fella! Did you try pressing down on the plastic tongues in the center of the CD that holds it in place?

Why on earth was it out of your cd drive in the first place ?smile.gif its hardly ever out of mine. Other games i just play of of my cdburner.

LOL. Just push that thig in the middle. The CD will jump out by itself.

I don't have OFP cd in the original box anyway. I have it in the cd case. CD-R was in that cd case before. smile.gif

"Push that thing in the middle, push that thing in the middle..."

How was I supposed to know that? I am only 31 years old and have only spent six years at the university. Life should not be so difficult. I am very upset. Now i really feel the urge to blow things up. Time to grab some satchel charges and run amok.

I agree with gneed, I pressed the "thing" in the middle and my ofp copy was shot 2 meters away and felt on the floor breakin in two different parts... but I am a lucky guy and I had the "press copy" sent me by codemasters to be used as substitute.

So definitively these new cd boxes are a load of s**t... I'm 25, I never finished the university and yes life is too difficult sometimes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gneed @ Mar. 18 2002,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Push that thing in the middle, push that thing in the middle..."

How was I supposed to know that? I am only 31 years old and have only spent six years at the university. Life should not be so difficult. I am very upset. Now i really feel the urge to blow things up. Time to grab some satchel charges and run amok.<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO no these further education establishments don't seem to teach the important things in life wink.gif

Similar thing happened to me a while back with the CFS 2 CD, so you´re not alone biggrin.gif.

In all i managed to destroy 4 CD by inproper handling.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 18 2002,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Admittedly, I originally had the same problem but my kids figured it out for me.<span id='postcolor'>

You have lucky.  biggrin.gif

Like on a DVD movie.There is a thing in the center you push.It says "Push Here"use that to practice on lol. smile.gif

gneed:

I am sorry about that--my sincere condolences. So CDs are destructible I see. I have thrown CDs around like frisbees but have not managed to break one.

Perhaps you can give that evil swine of a CD case "infinite justice" with a sledge hammer and bust it into a million little plastic pieces.

So that what that button is for and all these year I have been using a mini crowbar ahh well you learn something new every day.

BTW- does any one know a good way of opening beer bottles with out having to use your teeth I'm running out of teeth for the job at the moment.

I also had to think a bit about getting the CD out the box when I first got OFP. I opened it up..and it wouldn't just pull out...so there I was scratching my head and thinking 'how the f*** does this work?' for several munites before I noticed the spring-pressy bit in the middle. I pressed it and *pop* one CD out the box smile.gif

And if you want indestructable CD, just get hold of an AOL free trial CD. You can throw it, you can bend it you can jump on it, the bloody thing just won't break!

They make great coasters though biggrin.gif

,, there are schools for this sort of things in Sweden... smile.gif

But we don't have schools to learn people where to their CD-keys (my first hour after I had bought OFP, and gotten home, I spent looking for that damn "installation access code". I nearly went crazy because of that).

hmmm... wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snake1999 @ Mar. 18 2002,23:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">,, there are schools for this sort of things in Sweden... smile.gif

But we don't have schools to learn people where to their CD-keys (my first hour after I had bought OFP, and gotten home, I spent looking for that damn "installation access code". I nearly went crazy because of that).

hmmm...  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ahahaha. yeah I remember that. ON the day OFP came out, HUNDREDS of threads with something like "where's the $Å(&$^Å%Å)$^ CD KEY?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif??" were created withing MINUTES!! Those days were fun biggrin.gif

Well it's pretty logical, if you're pulling the CD, but it isn't letting go, then physics state there is only so much pressure that this plastic/aluminum disk can take. Once you pull too much the baby will break (duh). As mentioned earlier, pressing the case holder in the center usually does the trick.

I actually like cases that really hold their CDs tight. I remember many cases that let go of the CD even with the tiniest shock. Then the CD is tossed and scratched.

BTW I never take mines out. I've got 3 CD-ROM drives on my CPU, and I never play more than 2 games at a time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Breaker @ Mar. 18 2002,20:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I agree with gneed, I pressed the "thing" in the middle and my ofp copy was shot 2 meters away and felt on the floor breakin in two different parts...<span id='postcolor'>

Interesting ... with that effect, the CD case may be useful for launching AA stuff ... let's see ...