Sign in to follow this  
Rhodesy77

Project Aus

Uh...what?

Australia is white 92%, Asian 7%, aboriginal and other 1%. (Source: CIA World Fact Book) . Just stating the numbers, its no big deal, but if it can be tweaked it would be more representative of the Australian Army's ethnic distribution.

as of now we will not be changing anything in terms of the colour ratio of the units... not only as we dont want to offend anyone but i suspect those "Stats" of yours are outdated.

also their are plenty of aboriginals serving with the australian defence force, expecialy in the NORFORCE :-

20061018ara8243523_32.jpg

if we can we will try to edit the african american faces to better represent the aboriginals. however this isnt exactly on the top of our list of things to do...

Edited by Rhodesy77

Hey a NORFORCE mod on the Aus map would be cool. And I never said their were not any, and the data I quoted was not dated. Anyways, it just popped into my head when looking at the pic you posted.

I'd have thought the same.

At present, indigenous Australians make up 2.4 per cent of the overall Australian population but only 0.6per cent of the ADF. That figure may be higher because not all indigenous service men and women declare their racial background.

Excerpt from the following article

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,23503842-31477,00.html

Two things wrong with that pic, first that guy has broken his leg, second, it shows a disproportionate amount of blacks to whites.

:smiley-blunder:

as of now we will not be changing anything in terms of the colour ratio of the units... not only as we dont want to offend anyone but i suspect those "Stats" of yours are outdated.

also their are plenty of aboriginals serving with the australian defence force, expecialy in the NORFORCE :-

Yeah dude, way outdated, and also, WTF?

Rhodesy77 this is awesome. I would, on behalf of Aussie's everywhere, like to thank you for all your work it is truly appreciated. I brought a tear to my eye, and with this Aussie map on the way, uh, enough said.

:drinking2:

^ some1 give this man a beer! :P not a worry mate, its comments like that that keep me going :P, but also, i am not only to thank, non of this would be possible without the awesome work of this community, not only with model/work donations and contributions but also just general help when needed. i thank you all :)

In that case;

To all involved in this project- You are doing a great job and the rest of the community really appreciate it.

Thanks again.:icon_dj:

well its been while since posting here, just letting every1 know we arnt dead lol. ive just been flat out with rl stuff atm but it is slowly coming along. however since my personal life is starting to pick up again i have decided to scale back the project, to smaller more focused releases. currently we are looking at some releases in the coming week.

Units that are close to an alpha release are:

- PA MRH90 - just some smaller errors need fixing along with minor texture touch ups.

- PA Auscam soldiers - need to do all the res lods along with minor model and texture touch ups.

- PA basic landrover (transport)- minor bug fixing.

now keep in mind each will only be in a alpha/beta state, but will be stable and playable. each release will be missing some things as i havnt finished everything ive wanted to, this ir more of a taster release :)

after these releases we will continue on their work, and shortly after hope to have 1.0 versions ready for release along with the chinook and maybe the M113AS4. but thats a big maybe.

anyway watch this space for a release :)

Cheers

Rhodesy

not a whole lot no, some minor tweaks here and there, atm im just working on bug fixing and geting them set for release, once they are out, and i find some more time, i will continue with the upgrades i was working on for them.

ok some screens from BigSmokeee of the lastest build of the auscam units. soon to be released (hopefully)

big5u.jpg

full size:http://img20.imageshack.us/i/big5p.jpg/

big1co.jpg

full size:http://img696.imageshack.us/i/big1z.jpg/

big2wh.jpg

full size:http://img689.imageshack.us/i/big2v.jpg/

big3b.jpg

full size:http://img20.imageshack.us/i/big3h.jpg/

big4i.jpg

full size:http://img22.imageshack.us/i/big4b.jpg/

more pictures will come as we get closer to a release.

Edited by Rhodesy77

Looking awesome!

So when is release?

I kid I kid. ;)

currently im just working on a few model things, but im hopeing for a end of week release, but no promises. and for the moment they will just be armed with M4's so for the time being just imagine them as 4RAR :P

you mean 2CR? :D

Are you going to leave the SFTL patches on for release or take them off? or have a version with and one without?

keep it up mate.

Edited by Sabre

yer i know they've been renamed, just couldnt remember it properly and everyone knows who 4RAR are so :P

unsure on patches atm might just try to find a generic patch, if any1 has any please show lol. like a 1,2,3,5,6 RAR patch would be good.

only reason they will have stock M4 weps is cus our weapon pack is lacking, alot.

Just go with an ANF and ANF reverse on the other side in low vis mate, covers it all then.

images look mad! :bounce3:

this mod is at top of my list.. About time we had a war in AUS. hehe

Cant wait to see Melbourne ;)