Sign in to follow this  
BronzeEagle

does anybody read the briefing anymore?

in my campaign i put the storyline in the briefing, notes, and debriefing section through text and i had someone play it through and they were like "i wish it had a story instead of just a few missions" and i was like didn't you read the briefing and he was like "no, i never do". does anyone read the briefings anymore?

Good, well planned briefing is a vital part of any mission. Missions with lousy briefing aren't so interesting (just another mission with no briefing or intel).

Storytelling, personal notes and good inteligence built into briefring may even save poorly made mission.

I do, even in the original campaigns, which I've played inumerable times all the way through. Chalk it up to OCD.

I always like to put briefings into my own missions too. Levels feel incomplete without them.

Briefings are essential in missions, indeed, but I myself would prefer to see the story flown in cutscenes or in the mission itself in dialogues. Putting the story only in the notes seems very cheap to me.

It take lot of time for me to understand brifing,so i usually do try to read only objective.

I like when the notes section is a little bit funny but also sereous :) Gives the mission a good how can I say it, start :)

Always! I know we go out and shoot bad guys, but,we have to find them first.

And the "why we are here" part fill the blanks a bit too.

I think a good briefing is important, but I get bored if it's too long winded. there are so many missions out there and if you take every 30 page/military accurate/filled with 100 markers briefing that comes with each mission, you'll end up with en encyclopedia :p

In my missions, I just try to put a simple and brief explanation of the mission on the plan page, and add any other important or story related info in the notes.

i only did it this way cuz i couldn't get voice actors. i think next time ill be more realistic and put a handbook in the notes section, and in the plan ill put hand jotted notes. sound good?

i only did it this way cuz i couldn't get voice actors.

there are a couple of good progz u can use for creating voices, since not many are willing to do voice acting.

I'm using natural reader for some of the basic voicing. It has many limitations, but it's rather good if you get additional voice packages

I am always reading Mission plan before i start playing. :)

Mission Briefing is a MUST if i make a mission. I always make Briefing because if i want to fill player in with video it would be FAIL. I don't know camera scripts :P