Sign in to follow this  
waylay00

Installing ArmA 2 on Windows 7 64-Bit?

Before I install my copy of ArmA 2 on Windows 7 64-Bit, does anyone have any advice? Is there anything special I need to do? Compatibility modes, etc? Thanks!

i upgraded from vista 32-bit to windows 7 64-bit and i have had no problems so far. i even got a performance increase with arma; my arma mark score went up about 800 points. be sure to download 64-bit drivers and software you might need. one thing though is that i can't run utorrent or any bittorent software. it freezes the computer after 5 minutes

Works fine here.

x64 build 7127.

Haven't had a single problem with ARMA II, or anything else for that matter.

I've not found an issue using Windows 7 64-bit RC1 (Build 7100) and ARMA II (I use the STEAM version).

I do encounter crashing to desktop every so often (Multiplayer), which I try to report on the Community Bug Tracker with the required files requested.

I was using Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit before I installed Windows 7 but encountered a D9D Error which I've seen other users also recieve (wasn't able to get a working solution to mine, hence why I tried Windows 7 - Which also feels smoother and faster)

I don't think you should report bugs while using Windows 7 because

ArmA 2 does not support Windows 7 as the OS is not released yet

some bugs might be because of Windows 7 and you will have to wait for the final version of Windows 7 to be released.

I got my ArmA2 working with Windows 7 but I can't install any patch for the game, it will make the game start crashing.

I don't think you should report bugs while using Windows 7 because

ArmA 2 does not support Windows 7 as the OS is not released yet

some bugs might be because of Windows 7 and you will have to wait for the final version of Windows 7 to be released.

I got my ArmA2 working with Windows 7 but I can't install any patch for the game, it will make the game start crashing.

Pity windows7 is the more stable of the two, though arma2 patches fine in v7600 x64.

please excuse me for not using bold to shout back

Edited by whopper_with_cheese

Should work fine straight up.. if you do use the -winxp command line switch be sure to also match it with compatibility mode in the shortcut. This reduced my crashes when using -winxp mode.

Didnt work for me.

Ran perfect on my system (see sig) with Vista 64.

Switched to Windows 7 (bld 7600) via an upgrade, and got the dreaded "flashing white/missing textures bug". So, I wiped my boot drive, and installed a clean copy of 7600, along with the latest (190) nvidia drivers, and boom, SAME thing. I can now not get rid of the flashing white missing textures problem.

Yeah, Windows 7 is still young, give it time and some driver updates and everything should be sweet.

Had problems with Securom on Windows 7 x64 7100. It would keep crashing on start-up. Same thing happens with GTA IV. Otherwise Arma2 plays great.

My first post, so hi to everyone :-)

I have windows 7 64 bit. I have the free version for now just to try it before I buy the full version......and so far I am glad I have done so because even with the graphics set as low as I can get them it still laags really bad. Any idea as to why? Those of you have windows 7 64bit say it works great, so what is the problem with mine. Do I need to re-install, or could it be the free version has a problem or what?

:confused:

It's not a problem with W7. My guess is you have an older system and/or have your settings too high. What are you system specs? Updated your video card drivers recently?

I have windows 7 64 bit. I have the free version for now just to try it before I buy the full version......and so far I am glad I have done so because even with the graphics set as low as I can get them it still laags really bad. Any idea as to why? Those of you have windows 7 64bit say it works great, so what is the problem with mine. Do I need to re-install, or could it be the free version has a problem or what?

:confused:

Why don't you post the specs of your system? It's not the Windows 7.

Have to agree, Win7 helps run my arma2 great, but it came with the 64bit & 32bit systems and I think it auto switches to the 32bit to run the game as it comes up; ‘windows/system 32/ cmd.exe’ when I run the game, of course knowing very little about PC’s, that to me could mean anything..

I confess my A2 desktop is only used for Arma2, the only thing on there is the OS(Win7), Security & A2 stuff..

Hope you get it sorted..