Sign in to follow this  
Beltfed

Do different rifles firing same ammo have different ballistics?

Does the AK-74 have the same accuracy as an AKS even though for former has a longer barrel and should be more accurate? I read where someone thought that the ballistics of a shot are determined by the round fired and have nothing to do with the rifle it was fired from. I find this hard to believe as Arma 2 is supposed to be realistic.

Can anyone clear this up for me? Or, for another example, is a 7.62x39mm round trajectory exactly the same no matter what it is fired from?

Thanks,

Chris

The weapons in this game have different ballistic properties as well as the ammunition. So to answer your title question; yes.

The weapons in this game have different ballistic properties as well as the ammunition. So to answer your title question; yes.

Do you have proof of this? Some config lines perhaps?

You could probably set up some gmj range cards to see a difference, if any.

Should be hard to "proof" the thesis, since every shot you fire (even from the same weapon) seems to be manifoldly. You hardly hit the same spot twice.

I think the ballistics is the same depending on the ammo, but the accuracy is different depending on the gun. So if you shot an AK-47 and an AK-47u (the compact version), the bullets travel the same speed, arc, recoil, etc.; but the 47u will be less accurate because of the shorter barrel. It's not completely realistic; but it does the job

I think the ballistics is the same depending on the ammo, but the accuracy is different depending on the gun. So if you shot an AK-47 and an AK-47u (the compact version), the bullets travel the same speed, arc, recoil, etc.; but the 47u will be less accurate because of the shorter barrel. It's not completely realistic; but it does the job

So basically they change the one thing they shouldn't, and then leave all the things that should change untouched? Brilliant!