Sign in to follow this  
fer

F2 Mission Development Framework (BAS f for ArmA 2)

Excellent release .. I have a question - how to make a multilanguage briefings?

F2_logo_135x135.gif

New Release: v2-1-0

About the new release

From the ReadMe.txt file:

2-1-0 | 06 OCT 2009

Added Norrin's Revive Respawn component.

Updated manual: Various changes (EN and RU versions).

About F2

The F2 Mission Development Framework (F2) is the successor to the popular BAS f mission development framework for ArmA (discussed in this thread). The new framework contains many of the features you know from BAS f, updated to work with ArmA 2, plus some new components which take advantage of the new game's special features.

For downloads and to find out more please see our online manual:

Huge thanks to all team members and contributors to F2 (and BAS f), as well as the testers from Shack Tactical.

\o/ Awesome work Fer!! Thanks so much.

LOL, thank Norrin - both for granting permission for this integration, and for doing all the hard work himself. I'm just a documentation monkey and connector-of-(talented)-people. Hopefully this version of F2 should help a lot of people who have been asking for this particular combination.

:)

My biggest issue with F2 is the huge file size that is created, as the scripts are included in the PBO even if they aren't used. It would be very nice if it was clear which files/lines should be deleted for each component that you choose to disable. When I tried just to take the spectator scripts out I had to go through quite a bit of trouble to figure out that I need to add a certain line to the init.sqf and description.ext to make it work.

Also, if you want some kind of marker script that is compatible with group/side respawn, you may want to try something like these:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a0fdg6f/n/groupmarker_sqf

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a0fdg6g/n/unitmarkers_sqf

They aren't totally generic, but something using that principal will get the job done.

Sample mission using them will be published soon, once it gets a bit more testing.

My biggest issue with F2 is the huge file size that is created, as the scripts are included in the PBO even if they aren't used. It would be very nice if it was clear which files/lines should be deleted for each component that you choose to disable.

I'm slightly confused here. Every component page in the online manual provides a list of files which are used for the component, making it easy to know what to delete if you wish to remove a component. Where files are shared between components, such as init.sqf and description.ext, the component-specific code is always held in a single clearly labelled bloc, with a header such as:

// F2 - Kegetys Spectator Script

So if you want to remove all the files for a component out of your mission folder it should be relatively straightforward. What's missing?

When I tried just to take the spectator scripts out I had to go through quite a bit of trouble to figure out that I need to add a certain line to the init.sqf and description.ext to make it work.

See above, but also bear in mind that the intent is not to make every component standalone. The intent is that you begin with the framework and replace or remove components. That's not to say that more advanced scripters aren't capable (and indeed welcome) to cherry-pick and extract components, but the manual is designed to cater for the former scenario.

With the newest release, v2-1-0, by far the most additional weight comes from Norrin's excellent revive/respawn scripts. However, if you are not going to use them, you can effect a drastic reduction in file size by simply deleting the folder:

\f\revive

Hope that helps.

Also, if you want some kind of marker script that is compatible with group/side respawn, you may want to try something like these:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a0fdg6f/n/groupmarker_sqf

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a0fdg6g/n/unitmarkers_sqf

They aren't totally generic, but something using that principal will get the job done.

Thanks for the heads-up. We'll certainly take a look.

F2_logo_135x135.gif

New Release: v2-1-1

About the new release

2-1-1 | 20 OCT 2009

Added Disable Saving and Auto Saving component.

Removed readme file for Norrin's Revive Respawn component (now available as download from manual wiki).

Removed rogue setGroupID and HC-related commands from Init lines of units in ShackTactical Platoons.

About F2

The F2 Mission Development Framework (F2) is the successor to the popular BAS f mission development framework for ArmA (discussed in this thread). The new framework contains many of the features you know from BAS f, updated to work with ArmA 2, plus some new components which take advantage of the new game's special features.

Huge thanks to all team members and contributors to F2 (and BAS f), as well as the testers from Shack Tactical.

Hi All,

Has anybody had issue's with the "@ShackTac_assignGear.sqf" as it doesn't seem to be working for me.

I have the latest version of F2 and I am simply changing the USMC equipment for the "_rifleGL" to "M16A4_GL" from "M4A1_HWS_GL".

i.e. _rifleGL = "M16A4_GL";

When I preview this in the editor as an FTL nothing has changed?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Cool Breeze

I have the latest version of F2 and I am simply changing the USMC equipment for the "_rifleGL" to "M16A4_GL" from "M4A1_HWS_GL".

i.e. _rifleGL = "M16A4_GL";

When I preview this in the editor as an FTL nothing has changed?

Hi Cool Breeze, please can you just confirm a few things?

1. You edited line #101 in the file f/common/@ShackTac_assignGear.sqf

2. You picked an FTL slot such as A1 FTL, B1 FTL etc.

3. You ensured that the mission was properly restarted.

I just tried the exact same change of rifle you wanted and it worked fine (for a number of different FTLs). Wondering if something else is the issue?

If you change a script and in the game nothing changes, it is 99% you not properly restarting the mission. Just going out to the slot selection screen is not enough - you have to exit that one as well and pick that mission again. On a dedicated server you also can't use the #restart (nor #vote restart) command, it will cause the same issue - instead, you have to go back to the missions list and pick the mission again. If you fail to do that, the mission will use the scripts the way they were written the last time you ran the mission, and will not take into account the modifications.

Of course you should also check that you edited the script in your actual mission folder and not the F2 folder ;) (assuming you copied and renamed the F2 mission before you started working on it).

Hi Fer/Galzohar

I re-extracted the latest version again and swapped out one of the weapons. I opened the mission in editor and re-saved then previewed the mission. At first nothing then after 10-15sec I hear "shit out of ammo"; success!!! I guess it just takes time to filter through all units in the F2 template.

I have now successfully started adding and modifying kit for my new mission.

Thanks

Cool Breeze

I totally love your work, since I totally su*k at scripting :)

Working on a mission, well the mission is ready, I just can't get the revive working..

I always respawn at the starting position after 4 seconds.. with standard loadout..

I doublechecked the files.. but couldn't find the reason..

So I totally have no Idea, what I did wrong. :(

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask for meld with the F2 framework or if you have another one for that.. sorry if you do :)

Cheers..

KG!

EDIT:

since you need to know what I did...

I removed the First Aid: Battlefield Clearance & First Aid: Simulation.

I removed the // in the required spaces to enable the revive script.

I changed the respawn to 3 and the respawndelay to 4.

Edited by kampfgeist

EDIT:

since you need to know what I did...

I removed the First Aid: Battlefield Clearance & First Aid: Simulation.

I removed the // in the required spaces to enable the revive script.

I changed the respawn to 3 and the respawndelay to 4.

Just to double-check, have you done absolutely everything on this page:

http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/index.php?title=Norrin%27s_Revive_Respawn

NB That includes following the instructions in the manual for Norrin's Revive Respawn (see the How to Use section of the page linked above).

Oh, didn't mention that in my first post, but guess that shouldn't be a problem...

My mission takes place on Namalsk, not one one of the BIS-Islands.

Anyway I gonna post some snippets, from what I did.

Step one:

Disable Kegetys Spectator Script in the init.sqf

// Credits: Please see the F2 online manual (http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/)

// [] execVM "f\common\f_spect\specta_init.sqf";

Step two

Delete stuff in the Editor

I got rid of the "First Aid: Battlefield Clearance" and the "First Aid: Simulation"

Units and Logics.

Step three

Removed the //s in the init.sqf

// F2 - Norrin's Revive Respawn
// Credits: Please see the F2 online manual (http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/)

server execVM "revive_init.sqf";

Step four

The description.ext

Changed the respawn settings..

respawn = 3;
respawndelay = 4;

Removed all the // at the revive Part1

// F2 - Norrin's Revive Respawn (Part 1)

class f_param_lives
{
	title = "Number of Lives:";
	values[] = {2000,1000,20,10,7,5};
	texts[] = {"No Revive","Infinite - Cadet","20 - Easy ","10 - Normal","7  - Hard","5  - Extreme"};
	default = 10;
	code = "f_param_lives = %1";
};

And Part2

// F2 - Norrin's Revive Respawn (Part 2)

disabledAI = 0;
  #include "f\revive\dialogs\revive.cpp"

Step five

Norrins Manual

Step 1,2,3 and 8 already done, step 5 is also done by you guys and I got the:

1. Server (Game Logic)
  2. Boot Hill (more than 100m away from the respawn points)
  3. Center
  4. Respawn West
  5. Respawn East
  6. Respawn Independent

Step 6:

For my mission I didn't need any additional markers to respaw (or do I need them to be able to be revived)?

Step 7:

Tested it with an untouched version of the "revive_init.sqf" and did some changes too, didn't see any effect, since I spawn diectly at the set spawnpoint for the faction, in this case west)

Are there any options who can force you to spawn directly at the respawn_west in the "revive_init.sqf"?

Some points are kinda hard to understand (in my opinion)

Step 9:

Don't wanna use any custom sounds here..

----

Some things I came up with that may have cause the prolem are...

I use the Namalsk Island.

I use the BIS ForceRecon units as player units (units are named and names are used int the "revive_init.sqf").

----

hmm.. that's all I can think of at the moment.. but it is quite late over here already :)

Cheers...

KG

hmm.. that's all I can think of at the moment.. but it is quite late over here already :)

Cheers...

KG

Namalsk won't be the problem mate. PM sent.

Namalsk won't be the problem mate. PM sent.

Hi Norrin, thanks for stopping in. Please can you post the solution here when you find it? Thanks :)

Hi Norrin, thanks for stopping in. Please can you post the solution here when you find it? Thanks :)

Just a missing quotation mark from the mission makers list of playable units in the revive_init.sqf, which stopped the revive script from initialising - once that was fixed revive was fine.

Hi All,

For some reason the following setting in the description.ext file do not work correctly:-

respawn = 1;

If I am right in thinking that:-

1 = Respawn as a seagull

2 = Respawn just where you died (you will not keep your gear)

3 = Respawn at base marker

4 = Respawn in your group (if no AI slots are left, you become a seagull)

I have set this to 1 and tested it on a hosted PC, when I die I do not spawn as a seagull I get taken to the de-briefing screen?

If I set it to 2, I re-spawn at the insertion point with all my weapons.

If I set it to 3, I re-spawn at the insertion point with all my weapons.

revive_init.sqf

/*

ARMA2 REVIVE SCRIPT - AI enabled or disabled

© AUGUST 2009 - norrin (norrin@iinet.net.au)

Version: 0.3 ArmA2

*******************************************************************************************************

See release notes for details on contributors and instructions for incorporating revive scripts into your own missions

************************************************************************************

Start revive_init.sqf

*/

// =====================================================================================================================

// DO NOT MODIFY THIS CODE

// =====================================================================================================================

// sickboy's code modified by _xeno

T_INIT = false;

T_Server = false;

T_Client = false;

T_JIP = false;

T_MP = (if (playersNumber east + playersNumber west + playersNumber resistance + playersNumber civilian > 0) then {true} else {false});

if (isServer) then

{

T_Server = true;

if (!isNull player) then {T_Client = true};

T_INIT = true;

} else {

T_Client = true;

if (isNull player) then

{

T_JIP = true;

[] spawn {waitUntil {!isNull player};T_INIT = true};

} else {

T_INIT = true;

};

};

waitUntil {T_INIT};

// THE FOLLOWING CODE CAN BE MODIFIED

// GENERAL REVIVE OPTIONS (Off = 0, On = 1)

_mission_end_function = 0; //array no.0 - mission ends when all players are unconscious

_call_out_function = 1; //array no.6 - whether a unit calls out while unconscious

_water_dialog = 1; //array no.45 - whether a dialog appears when a unit dies in water so that it can auto wash ashore

_unconscious_drag = 1; //array no.39 - whether a unit can drag the bodies of unconscious players

_load_wounded = 1; //array no.61 - allows you to load unconscious units on vehicles

_altUnc_animation = 0; //array no.54 - use alternate revive animation

_JIP_spawn_dialog = 1; //array no.2 - whether a dialog appears when a player JIP so that he can be transported to a spawn point near the action

_time_b4_JIP_spawn_dialog = 120; //array no.17 - time before the respawn dialog appears for JIP players

_perpetual_server = 0; //array no.62 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

// ==================================================================

// LIST OF PLAYABLE UNITS

NORRN_player_units =

[

"UnitUSMC_1Plt_DSL",

"UnitUSMC_1Plt_DM",

"UnitUSMC_1Plt_D1FTL",

"UnitUSMC_1Plt_D1AR",

"UnitUSMC_1Plt_D1AAR",

"UnitUSMC_1Plt_D2FTL",

"UnitUSMC_1Plt_D1RAT",

"UnitUSMC_1Plt_D2AR",

"UnitUSMC_1Plt_D2AAR",

"UnitUSMC_1Plt_D2RAT"

];

// WELCOME SCREEN

// This next line can be commented out or removed if it interferes with intro movies

//titleText ["COOL BREEZE-ICON PROUDLY PRESENTS\n\nTHE ROCK - PART 1\n\nicon-squad.com", "BLACK FADED", 0.5];

// REVIVE OPTIONS

_max_respawns = (paramsArray select 3);//array no.38 - Number of lives per unit

_JIP_respawns = [3,30]; //array no.63 - 0 - off or the number of lives players receive when they join in progress , JIP time after the mission starts

_revive_timer = 1; //array no.7 - Whether you want to limit the amount of timer a player has while unconscious

_revive_time_limit = 300; //array no.27 - Amount of time a player remains unconscious before respawning or dying

_revive_damage = 0; //array no.37 - Unit's level of damage following revive

_unconscious_markers = 1; //array no. 4 - Whether a marker appears on the game map at the location of the unconscious unit

_caseVAC = [1, ["MASH","HMMWV_Base"]]; //array no.64 - Allows units to be taken to a hospital etc to be revived

_mediVAC = []; //array no.65 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_chance_ofDeath = [0,0]; //array no.66 - Two parameters in the array the first switches off/on (0/1) chance of death when shot, increases dues to hit location and number of times revived and the second parameter switches on/off the decreasing respawn timer based on how many times you have been revived, if using set respawn-time to at least 300 seconds.

_dualTimer = 0; //array no.67 - NOT IMPLEMENTED - normal units can only revive for eg 30 seconds whereas medics can heal players up to 120 secs - array - [0/1 - off/on, revive timer for normal unit, timer for medic]

_deadSpectator_cam = 1; //array no.92 - leave as 0 - whether a unit can spectate other friendly units when it has run out of lives

// RESPAWN OPTIONS

_no_respawn_points = 1; //was 2 //array no.12 - no of respawn points (Max number 4)

_Base_1 = "Insertion"; //array no.13 - spawn position names

_Base_2 = "Mobile"; //array no.14

_Base_3 = ""; //array no.15

_Base_4 = ""; //array no.16

_Base_free_respawn = [1,1,0,0]; //array no.36 - select whether to allow respawning at spawn points even if enemy troops are present (options OFF = 0, ON = 1)

_respawn_at_base_addWeapons = 0; //array no.11 - unit respawns with weapons it commenced the mission with

_respawn_at_base_magazines = []; //array no.34 - If using the respawn_at_base_addWeapons option then place the magazine and weapon

_respawn_at_base_weapons = []; //array no.35 types in the following arrays, if left blank respawns with weapons from mission start

_respawn_position = 2; //array no.28 - 0 - respawn at base_1; 1 - the closest enemy free respawn point; 2 - players choice; and 3 - dies

_respawnAtBaseWait = [1,10]; //set at 300 for GOL //array no.68 - Two parameters: 1st if = 1 makes players that respawn at base wait for (parameter 2) seconds before being able to see surroundings

_objectiveBasedRP = []; //array no.69 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

// Mobile Spawn Settings

_mobile_spawn = 0; //was 1 //array no.51 - set to 1 if you want to use mobile spawn

_mobile_base_start = "Insertion"; //array no.52

_mobile_base2_start = ""; //array no.70 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_mobile_type = 1; //array no.60 - set as 0 - for vehicle and 1 for man

_mobile_man = UnitUSMC_1Plt_DM; //array no.53 - place name of unit here or if not used make sure set as objNull

_mobile_man2 = objNull; //array no.71 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

// UNITS THAT CAN REVIVE/UNITS THAT CAN BE REVIVED

_can_revive = "soldierWB"; //array no.18

_can_revive_2 = ""; //array no.19

_can_revive_3 = ""; //array no.72 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_can_revive_4 = ""; //array no.73 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_can_be_revived = "soldierWB"; //array no.20

_can_be_revived_2 = ""; //array no.21

_can_be_revived_3 = ""; //array no.74 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_can_be_revived_4 = ""; //array no.75 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_medic_1 = "USMC_Soldier_Medic"; //array no.76 - Used in conjunction with medpacks and bleeding

_medic_2 = ""; //array no.77 - Used in conjunction with medpacks and bleeding

_medic_3 = ""; //array no.78 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_medic_4 = ""; //array no.79 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

// MEDPACK AND BLEEDING OPTIONS

_medpacks = 0; //array no.80 - Whether you want to give the units a limited number of revive kits 0/1 - no/yes

_stabilisation = 0; //array no.81 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_bleeding = 1; //array no.82 - Make units bleed and require bandages

_medic_medpacks = 5; //array no.83 - No of medpacks for units specified in the _medic variables - they are required for reviving units

_unit_medpacks = 3; //array no.84 - No of medpacks for units specified in the _can_revive variables - they are required for reviving units

_medic_bandages = 5; //array no.85 - Bandages stop bleeding

_unit_bandages = 3; //array no.86 -

_medic_stable = 0; //array no.100 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_unit_stable = 0; //array no.101 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_stabTime_tillDeath = 0; //array no.87 - NOT IMPLEMENTED //Time until death following revive without stabilisation

// ENEMY SIDE TO PLAYABLE UNITS

_no_enemy_sides = 1; //array no.22 - No of Enemy sides (0, 1 or 2).

_enemy_side_1 = "EAST"; //array no.23 - Enemy sides can be "EAST", "WEST", "GUER" etc

_enemy_side_2 = ""; //array no.24

_enemy_side_3 = ""; //array no.88 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_enemy_side_4 = ""; //array no.89 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

// FRIENDLY SIDE TO PLAYABLE UNITS

_allied_side_1 = "WEST"; //array no.42 - Friendly sides can be "EAST", "WEST","RESISTANCE" etc.

_allied_side_2 = "WEST"; //array no.43 - If all players are from the same side make sure you set the same side for both variables eg "WEST", "WEST"

_allied_side_3 = ""; //array no.90 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

_allied_side_4 = ""; //array no.91 - NOT IMPLEMENTED

// UNCONSCIOUS CAMERA OPTIONS

_follow_cam = 1; //array no.5 - option to allow viewing of friendly units while unconscious

_follow_cam_distance = 250; //array no.32 - the range that unconscious players can spectate friendly units

_follow_cam_team = 0; //array no.44 - set to 1 if you wish unconscious players only to spectate players within NORRN_player_units array

_top_view_height = 70; //array no.55 - allows you to set the top down camera height

_visible_timer = 1; //array no.41 - view a cound-down timer while unconscious

_unconscious_music = 0; //array no.46 - music must appear as unc_theme in music.hpp

// RESPAWN DIALOG OPTIONS

_nearest_teammate_dialog = 0; //array no.3 - whether a respawn dialog appears when there are no players within this distance

_all_dead_dialog = 1; //array no.1 - whether a respawn dialog appears when all players are unconscious (_all_dead_player = 1)

_respawn_button_timer = 120; //array no.25 - Time until respawn button appears (0 = approx. 12 seconds), NB: Set to a high number like 100000 seconds if you do not want

_distance_to_friend = 250; //array no.26 - If the closest friendly unit is further than this distance away trigger respawn dialog

_all_dead_player = 0; //array no.56

_all_dead_distance = 10000; //array no.57 - whether a respawn dialog appears when all players within a specified distance are unconscious (_all_dead_player = 1)

// Bonus life for aiding team mates function

_reward_function = 1; //array no.96 - specify whether a unit receives bonus lives for reviving other players

_revives_required = 1; //array no.97 - Number of revives required before recieving a bonus life

// Team kill function

_team_kill_function = 1; //array no.98 - specify whether a unit loses a life for killing team mates

_no_team_kills = 1; //array no.99 - Number of teamkills before punishment

// CONFIGURABLE OPTIONS FOR HEAL YOURSELF FUNCTION

_heal_yourself = 1; //array no.8 - whether a unit can heal damage to itself

_no_of_heals = 1; //array no.29 - Number of heals that each player gets during a mission

_lower_bound_heal = 0.1; //array no.30 - The damage level range between which the heal action becomes available

_upper_bound_heal = 0.8; //array no.31

// AI REVIVE BEHAVIOUR OPTIONS

_goto_revive = 0; //array no. 9 - closest AI automatically moves to revive a downed team mate

_AI_smoke = 0; //array no. 40 - if available reviving AI throws smoke on downed AI position

_AI_aware = 0; //array no. 49 - AI will clear an enemy units it is aware of before auto reviving

_AI_cover = 1; //array no. 50 - second AI unit moves with AI reviver to give cover

_AI_dismount = 0; //array no. 58 - toggles ability of reviving AI units to dismount vehicles (1 = dismount)

_call_for_AI_help = 1; //array no. 59 - allows AI units to call for help

_goto_revive_distance = 500; //array no. 33 - distance AI units will move to revive a downed team mate

// OPTIONS FOR PLAYER'S DEAD BODIES AND EQUIPMENT - Additional revive functions with many thanks to alef (0 - off, 1 - on except for _bury_timeout)

_drop_weapons = 0; //array no.93 - should the respawned player drop his weapons where he died?

_cadaver = 0; //array no.94 - should the respawned player's body remain there?

_bury_timeout = 12; //array no.95 - if drop weapons OR player body, how long before the body is buried?

// 0=maximum (1200s) , n=seconds up to 1200s (hard coded)

// USER CODE - eg. NORRNCustonexec1="execvm ""myscript.sqf"";hint ""myoutput"";"

NORRNCustomExec1 =""; // Exec1 occurs following being revived

NORRNCustomExec2 =""; // Exec2 occurs when you team kill

NORRNCustomExec3 =""; // Exec3 occurs when you spawn at base

NORRNCustomExec4 =""; // Exec4 occurs when you try and spawn at base but it is still occupied

NORRNCustomExec5 =""; // Must use variables: MAP_r_rejoin (false - first time,

// true - rejoining the server, and

// MAP_r_no_lives - number of lives if you rejoin server)

// DO NOT MODIFY THE FOLLOWING CODE

NORRN_revive_array = [];

NORRN_revive_array = [_mission_end_function,_all_dead_dialog,_JIP_spawn_dialog,_nearest_teammate_dialog,_unconscious_markers,_follow_cam,_call_out_function,_revive_timer,

_heal_yourself,_goto_revive,_unconscious_invincibility,_respawn_at_base_addWeapons,_no_respawn_points,_Base_1,_Base_2,_Base_3,_Base_4,_time_b4_JIP_spawn_dialog,

_can_revive,_can_revive_2,_can_be_revived,_can_be_revived_2,_no_enemy_sides,_enemy_side_1,_enemy_side_2,_respawn_button_timer,_distance_to_friend,

_revive_time_limit,_respawn_position,_no_of_heals,_lower_bound_heal,_upper_bound_heal,_follow_cam_distance,_goto_revive_distance,_respawn_at_base_magazines,

_respawn_at_base_weapons, _Base_free_respawn, _revive_damage, _max_respawns, _unconscious_drag,_AI_smoke,_visible_timer,_allied_side_1,_allied_side_2,_follow_cam_team,

_water_dialog, _unconscious_music, _enemy_units_1, _enemy_units_2, _AI_aware,_AI_cover,_mobile_spawn,_mobile_base_start,_mobile_man,_altUnc_animation,_top_view_height,

_all_dead_player,_all_dead_distance,_AI_dismount,_call_for_AI_help,_mobile_type,_load_wounded,_perpetual_server,_JIP_respawns,_caseVAC,_mediVAC,_chance_ofDeath,_dualTimer,

_respawnAtBaseWait,_objectiveBasedRP,_mobile_base2_start,_mobile_man2,_can_revive_3,_can_revive_4,_can_be_revived_3,_can_be_revived_4,_medic_1,_medic_2,_medic_3,_medic_4,

_medpacks,_stabilisation,_bleeding,_medic_medpacks,_unit_medpacks,_medic_bandages,_unit_bandages,_stabTime_tillDeath,_enemy_side_3,_enemy_side_4,

_allied_side_3,_allied_side_4,_deadSpectator_cam,_drop_weapons,_cadaver,_bury_timeout,_reward_function,_revives_required,_team_kill_function,_no_team_kills,_medic_stable, _unit_stable];

// start related revive functions

[] execVM "f\revive\init_related_scripts.sqf";

if (true) exitWith {};

//Last edited 17/08/09

//if (_name == player) then {[_name] execVM 'revive_sqf\rPrn.sqf'}

description.ext

// ====================================================================================

// F2 - Process ParamsArray

// WARNING: DO NOT DISABLE THIS COMPONENT

f_processParamsArray = [] execVM "f\common\f_processParamsArray.sqf";

// ====================================================================================

// F2 - Disable Saving and Auto Saving

enableSaving [false, false];

// F2 - Mission Maker Teleport

f_missionMakerTeleport = 0;

[] execVM "f\common\f_missionMakerTeleport.sqf";

// F2 - F2 Common Local Variables

// WARNING: DO NOT DISABLE THIS COMPONENT

f_script_setLocalVars = [] execVM "f\common\f_setLocalVars.sqf";

// F2 - Briefing

[] execVM "briefing.sqf";

// F2 - Mission Conditions Selector

[] execVM "f\common\f_setMissionConditions.sqf";

// F2 - ShackTactical Group IDs

[] execVM "f\common\ShackTac_setGroupIDs.sqf";

// F2 - ShackTactical Fireteam Member Markers

[] execVM "f\common\ShackTac_setlocalFTMemberMarkers.sqf";

// F2 - ShackTactical Group Markers

[] execVM "f\common\ShackTac_setLocalGroupMarkers.sqf";

// F2 - Multiplayer Ending Controller

f_endSelected = -1;

[] execVM "f\common\f_mpEndSetUp.sqf";

[] execVM "f\common\f_spect\specta_init.sqf";

// F2 - Disable BIS Conversations

player setVariable ["BIS_noCoreConversations", true];

// F2 - Automatic Body Removal

// f_removeBodyDelay = 180;

// f_doNotRemoveBodies = [];

// [] execVM "f\common\f_addRemoveBodyEH.sqf";

// F2 - Automatic Body Removal (FIFO)

// f_abrFIFOlength = 30;

// f_abrDistance = 150;

// f_abrFIFOmaxLength = 50;

// f_doNotRemoveBodies = [];

// ["fifo"] execVM "f\common\f_addRemoveBodyEH.sqf";

// [] execVM "f\server\f_abrFIFO.sqf";

// F2 - Dynamic View Distance

// f_viewDistance_default = 1250;

// f_viewDistance_tank = 2000;

// f_viewDistance_rotaryWing = 2500;

// f_viewDistance_fixedWing = 5000;

// [] execVM "f\common\f_addSetViewDistanceEHs.sqf";

// F2 - Authorised Crew Check

// VehicleName addEventhandler ["GetIn", {[_this,[unitName1,UnitName2]] execVM "f\common\f_isAuthorisedCrew.sqf"}];

// F2 - Authorised Crew Type Check

// VehicleName addEventhandler ["GetIn", {[_this,["UnitType1","UnitType2"]] execVM "f\common\f_isAuthorisedCrewType.sqf"}];

// F2 - Casualties Cap

// [[GroupName],100,1] execVM "f\server\f_endOnCasualtiesCap.sqf";

// F2 - Casualties Cap (Advanced)

// [[GroupName],100] execVM "f\server\f_casualtiesCapAdv.sqf";

// F2 - AI Skill Selector (coop)

// f_isFriendlyBLU = 1;

// f_isFriendlyRES = 1;

// f_isFriendlyOPF = 0;

// f_isFriendlyCIV = 1;

// [] execVM "f\common\f_setAISkill.sqf";

// F2 - AI Skill Selector (A&D)

// f_isFriendlyToBLU_RES = 1;

// f_isFriendlyToBLU_CIV = 1;

// [] execVM "f\common\f_setAISkillAD.sqf";

// F2 - Construction Interface (COIN) Presets

// f_COINstopped = false;

// [COINName,"UnitName",0,2500] execVM "f\common\f_COINpresets.sqf";

// ================================================================================

F2 - Norrin's Revive Respawn

Credits: Please see the F2 online manual (http://www.ferstaberinde.com/f2/en/)

server execVM "revive_init.sqf";

Can anyone help?

Cool Breeze

I have set this to 1 and tested it on a hosted PC, when I die I do not spawn as a seagull I get taken to the de-briefing screen?

If I set it to 2, I re-spawn at the insertion point with all my weapons.

If I set it to 3, I re-spawn at the insertion point with all my weapons.

I can't help you with everything..

but you only become a seagull if there is another player still plaing, otherwise you get the the debriefing screen since the mission is over..

So 1 will spawn you as seagull if there is another player still playing.

As far as i know ;)

And 2 should be instant.. can't help you there...

And 3 is baserespawn.. so it works ;)

F2_logo_135x135.gif

New Release: v2-1-2

About the new release

2-1-2 | 02 NOV 2009

Added Name Tags component.

Updated Norrin's Revive Respawn to version 0.3f.

About F2

Just a quick question... and maybe an idea to add a note in the wiki..

How do I update my mission I'm working on to the new version of the F2 Framework 8which files to exchange etc? :)

Cheers,

KG

Hi All,

Am I right in believing that the standard re-spawn script does not re-spawn you back at base with your existing weapon load-outs?

If yes to above, then I have used the Revive/Re-spawn script and set it to no revive's. This is working ok and re-spawns me at base with weapon load-outs.

The problem I have is that I would like to use the AI skill selector and when I turn this function on the revive script does not work. Has anybody experienced this problem and does anyone have a solution???

Thanks

Cool Breeze

Edited by Cool Breeze-ICON

Hi Fer.

Good job with F2!

I have currently one slight problem:

Any idea how to get the COIN implemented back to unit after respawning?

Does it mess something up for example if

f_COINstopped = false;

is reused in a trigger?

Or do I have to find a way to re-sync the unit to the module?

EDIT:

OK, I found an alternative solution by Big Daddy to implement

name_module synchronizeObjectsAdd [name_unit];

in unit's init.

I'm gonna try this. Hopefully it works.

Edited by VanhA-ICON
Idea

bug report:

f_missionMakerTeleport.sqf is run for JIP players even though it's disabled, because the script uses the player variable which is undefined for JIP'ers for a while. You should probably put the waitForJIP thing in there.