Sign in to follow this  
edfred91

bloody squad!!

in the singleplayer campaign, my squad keep getting lost, and when i ask them to regroup they ask where i am, how do i tell them!!!!?!

i get lots of that too, what i do is switch to command view and make them move to a place where they can identify then slowly to me. There must be a button where you can report your location to them.

Press and hold space then point to somewhere in front of you. They will come.

When they say "Where are you" it just means they are far from you but they will eventually get to you.

As stated above you can select them and click the ground next to you but then they will stay there so if you move they will not.

It has been like this in OFP, Arma1 and Arma2. AI can never keep up with you over long distances, they always get lost. To me the obvious solution to this is make the AI be able to run at the same speed as humans. When jogging, the human jogs faster, when sprinting the human sprints faster...why? Its like they thought maybe the AI would end up running away from you if they where squad leading, fair enough I guess, but if I am leading please make the AI be able to keep up at the same speed.

EDcase:- that's ok until you have to travel long distances or across awkward terrain for the AI (like towns). Its gets irritating very quickly. You can't move at the necessary combat speed and your babysitting the AI so your not fully focused on checking for enemies. The point of a squad is they are supposed to move with you.

Edited by -=seany=-

the AI make a lot of stops and take more caution than a lot of players do they act like every inch of terrin is new where yu may have run through it a thousand times playing that mission and tend to run off straight to where you want to be.

Actually setting AI to safe will reduce their speed to limited and their formation to column.

set AI to aware. If they're in Danger mode, they will move one by one to cover (basically a bounding overwatch) and will take forever...it's best to use that when you're expecting enemies, although they seem to do pretty good in combat set to Aware.

Actually setting AI to safe will reduce their speed to limited and their formation to column.

Set to aware is best, they will run full pelt then, but mainly danger AI is super alert and are slow moving.

Simply set to safe and click near you or where you want them to be next via space or on the map.