Sign in to follow this  
Eagle911

Keep getting black screen with 'Receiving'

When i get into a game for about 10-20 minutes i get a black screen that is stuck saying 'Receiving...'

What is wrong?

You know I never had this bug .... now it's starting to develop.

I think there is another thread for it.

Let's summarize:

There is a significant number of BIS customers getting the "receiving...." screen under various circumstances (for some only in MP, for some in SP, not consistent over the time). It is hitting both Nvidia and ATI GPU owners.

BIS did not disclosed so far what exactly could trigger this screen.

BIS did not stated if they see any need for action on BIS side (Maruk was rather fingerpointing on Nvidia)

BIS is totally silent and Placebo as mediator between BIS and community is from questionable value for the community.

Well...

SInce moderators do not merge the threads, even not on repeated request I have to spread...

Ok, obvious loss of translation aside, best bet is to wait til next patch, which should be soon. If it hasn't been fixed by then, start to worry.

Let's summarize:

There is a significant number of BIS customers getting the "receiving...." screen under various circumstances (for some only in MP, for some in SP, not consistent over the time). It is hitting both Nvidia and ATI GPU owners.

BIS did not disclosed so far what exactly could trigger this screen.

BIS did not stated if they see any need for action on BIS side (Maruk was rather fingerpointing on Nvidia)

BIS is totally silent and Placebo as mediator between BIS and community is from questionable value for the community.

Well...

SInce moderators do not merge the threads, even not on repeated request I have to spread...

Yeah, im running Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX

Some people recomend turning down "Video Memory" in the video options to get rid of the receiving bug.. Don't have it myself though..

Been getting it for the past week now.Very annoying particularly when your the pilot of a Blackhawk doing 250 knots with a full squad:mad:.

Interestingly mine occurs the FIRST time I go to the MP screen. I then have to press ESC to go back to main menu. If I then go to MP screen the receiving bug has gone and doesn't reappear.

EDIT: 4870 512Mb card

This is becoming extremely annoying.

Along with having to restart my computer because my graphic card seems like it exploded

All the more reasons I'm waiting to buy the game...I want to, soooo bad, but in the meantime I'm playing ArmA 1 and enjoying it, but its hard!! lol I just suck at tactical games I think, aiming is my biggest problem.

I will be buying ArmA 2 as soon as major issues are resolved.