Sign in to follow this  
tommygunner

Stealth mode?

Hi all,

I've played a lot the original Operation Flashpoint and I remember that during the campaign it was possible to issue order to your squad mates concerning their combat stance: you were able to order them to be "aware" or to be as stealth as possible, etc.

This was very useful sometimes, the stealth mode in particular.

Now it looks like it is not possible to do it anymore in Arma2: I see the appropriate item in the radio menu, but is always greyed out.

To avod detection (think of the Bitter Chill mission) I have to order my men to "hold fire" and then to "stop"... not very practical... and even in this way they sometimes decide to fire a shot or two when a Hind passes by (how clever! :( ), giving away our location.

So, the question is: why I can't decide the battle stance of my men? Is a bug or is intended to be that way?

Thanks a lot!

Hi all,

I've played a lot the original Operation Flashpoint and I remember that during the campaign it was possible to issue order to your squad mates concerning their combat stance: you were able to order them to be "aware" or to be as stealth as possible, etc.

This was very useful sometimes, the stealth mode in particular.

Now it looks like it is not possible to do it anymore in Arma2: I see the appropriate item in the radio menu, but is always greyed out.

To avod detection (think of the Bitter Chill mission) I have to order my men to "hold fire" and then to "stop"... not very practical... and even in this way they sometimes decide to fire a shot or two when a Hind passes by (how clever! :( ), giving away our location.

So, the question is: why I can't decide the battle stance of my men? Is a bug or is intended to be that way?

Thanks a lot!

Hi there, you must select your squad mebers to peopel abel to tell them to stealth. You selct the, with the F1 to F12 keys

To go into stealth mode, press the tilda (~) key, then press 7, then press on Stealth.

Dunno, but two times out of three I forget to select team members myself.

For some reason they buried these commands under another menu. now you have to press ~ then backspace....? (why) to access this.

I would also like it if they made space bar mode only active when when holding the space bar. At the moment I am using spacebar a lot to avoid friendly fire while I'm learning what the enemies look like. But, you have to press space, highlight the target then press backspace to cancel the spacebar menu to allow you to fire = annoying and counter intuitive.

For the next dev diary I would like to see them explain how we are to best use these new command menus in Arma2, because so far to a OFP/Arma1 veteran, they are just confusing.

Edited by -=seany=-

For some reason they buried these commands under another menu. now you have to press ~ then backspace....? (why) to access this.

Just press ~-7-1. (From the top of my head, it may be wrong)

The backspace button is only neccesary when you want to see the top menu.

I'm sorry, but the current space bar thing is retarded. I can never remember the 9999 combination for each command so I always go to the backspace menu.

I'm sorry, but the current space bar thing is retarded. I can never remember the 9999 combination for each command so I always go to the backspace menu.

You really only have to remember 1 move, 3 ROE, 4 mount, 7 stance/speed and 8 formation. While you're learning it you can press backspace to get back to the main at any time.

You really only have to remember 1 move, 3 ROE, 4 mount, 7 stance/speed and 8 formation. While you're learning it you can press backspace to get back to the main at any time.

And 6 for actions. But you will only ever use it for healing your squad and very rarely for rearming them.