Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

Fond fond memories of moments like these....

I dont care if no one responds to this, but this is just one of those times that i feel it neccasary to share this.

I just re-played the mission "Pathfinder". This mission is interesting, because it literally takes your whole squad to get it done. It ends pretty much with you as the only survivor.

Anyhoo, I had ditched my issued M-60, and gotten a LAW and an m16 off a fallen comrade. By the time i took out the second shilka, a lot of armor started showing up which the helicopters took out, but there was infantry all over the town. Kilo squad helped with this, but i was pretty much the only one left. I had gotten myself an AK74, so i could get some better firepower, and i just started thinning them out as i saw opportunities. I didnt want to start shooting with a lot of them around, lest someone saw me, even though i was in a bush. But whenever i saw just one or two of them, a few shots rang out and down they went. as soon as no one else showed up, i started moving into the town. I saw an officer to my left that didnt see me, so i leveled my sights on him, and pulled the trigger. Kept moving into the town, i came up right behind the last officer. I was crawling the whole way, and he never saw me. I pulled around to the side, where there was some bushes, and got myself in a good position. i was just lying there watching him for a second, just kinda savoring the moment (yes, yes, call me a sadist if you wish, i still had a damn good time with this), and then i put my reticule right on him, and held down the full auto! Mission completed!

Just fealt like sharing this. These are the moments that make this game worth playing for me. If anyone wants, share some war stories, i'm sure youve got some wink.gif

*remembers the sorta rush i got when i had apaches flying over me and taking out tanks just up road form where i was hiding

great game this biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Mar. 16 2002,01:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Too great, I haven't been able to play many games after OFP sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

they just arent the same, are they?

huh.............I would have thought a war stories topic would fit general discussion. oh well.

Hmm well nobody can accuse me of not being flexible wink.gif

I guess you're right, I'll move it back, if doing so kills the forum I'm blaming you tounge.gif

My first day playing Flashpoint: I had made it to the mission where you're on patrol in the Jeep "Shhh...did you see that? I thought I saw something moving in those trees". Anyways we were combing the forest and I saw someone running towards me, I was still too much of a noob to tell friend from enemy by the uniforms but I recognized the AK in his hands easily, so I fired a burst at him, heard a scream of pain and saw him fall to the floor covered in blood.

This being my first encounter with the enemy I walked towards him to inspect my kill, and when I was about 30 meters away I realized that he was still holding the AK, and pointing it towards me. wow.gif

I had enough time to think "Oh Shit!" and the next thing to pass through my brain was his bullet biggrin.gif.

Heh-Hah! And i bet you got some sweet vengeance on him next time you played that one. first kills are deffinitely classic moments.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 16 2002,01:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I guess you're right, I'll move it back, if doing so kills the forum I'm blaming you tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hehehehehe, fair enough! wink.gif

this game is tooooooo great. i had a little break.( playing metal gear solid 2)

but this game rocks.

though i got to acmid mgs 2 has a better story( the mgs2 story rocks like hell)

This is something that happened to me just last night -- not necessarily the most memorable or fond memory of playing OFP, but something that took me by complete surprise, and demonstrates why OFP can be such a immersive game.

Anyway, I was playing Firefox's Hold Provins mission with three friends. We had already taken Provins and defended it against the Russian counter-attack.

Since the second objective hadn't been achieved yet, there must have been survivors, so I got into our M113 as the driver, and one of my friends got in as a gunner. We headed south out of town on one of the roads that the attackers take, while being careful to avoid the mines we placed earlier to deal with the attacking armor.

As we are driving along the road, we come across a collection of buildings, and to our surprise, a civilian. We stop, and both of us hop out of the M113 to investigate. As we walk up to the civilian, he offers to sell us some shotguns, and walks towards the back of a civilian truck that is parked next to the building.

We follow him, and suddenly my friend yells that the civilian ducked down to place a satchel charge, and started running away. I was scanning in a different direction at the time, and didn't see any of this happening, but my friend certainly got my attention when he yelled "Shoot the guy!" -- we both unloaded on him with our M16's and cut him down.

We still evacuated the area in case the satchel charge was on a timer, rather than being detonated manually, and paid a lot more attention for the next few minutes. Apparently, this friendly chap had anything but good intentions, and was planning on blowing us up along with the truck while he expected us to go through its inventory.

Kudos to Firefox for this creative and totally unexpected twist in the mission. For those who haven't played the mission yet, download it, and my apologies for spoiling the 'surprise'!

LOL, thats amazing........This games mission editer has so much potential, its unreal. I'll second that kudos to firefox. that sounded like a creative mission indeed.

Ahhh first kills. My first was that poor Russian troop outside the town in the 'Ambush' mission in the Demo.

I still play it whenever I can.

biggrin.gif Another story from my first days playing OFP. I was playingthe "Flashpoint" mission (Y'know the one where you tell Kozlowski to check your pants in the chopper). Anyways the town was pretty much clear of russians by now and we were moving in...Being a complete noob I'm taking much care to stick right behind the squad leader, and he walks up right beside this soldier with his back to us near the fountain in town.

My roomate, who was watching me play says "Hey isn't that a Russian?" pointing to the soldier with his back to us. I reply "Nah can't be, my leader's standing right beside him!"

Just as I finish saying this the "mystery soldier" turns around and pumps my leader full of lead at practically point blank range. I hit the deck and start shooting at him wildly and the rest of the squad opens up on him and cuts him down . My roomate and I couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Mar. 16 2002,04:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ahhh first kills. My first was that poor Russian troop outside the town in the 'Ambush' mission in the Demo.<span id='postcolor'>

ya mean that one guy whos just standing there after you disembark the 5t truck? yeah, i remember him, poor bastard. He was my first too biggrin.gif hehehehm he just never seemed to notice me until it was too late. In the full game, he always seems to take out my leader pretty good, but he gets his! wink.gif

oh yeah....i went to EB today, and coudn't find a game that would interest me. Eversince I got OFP. can't find a game that seems to match up. biggrin.gif

My first kill....

I first mission was 'Steal the Car'.

I started out behind a bush, and I just went down and started crawling around. Well, got shot for that. tounge.gif

My first kill was also on that mission. after trying sooooo many times, I finally managed to run into a house. soon after, a russian passes by in aware mode, and I pumped him a burst of M16 rounds.

first thing that came to my mind when I played 'Steal the car' was 'Shit! why the heck is this town so big? how the heell i'm supposed to find a jeep?'

I can remember having a good time with that mission. I would drive a way laughing "Aaaah! I gotchur car, I gotchur car!" biggrin.gif

Good stuff

I remember my best experienses in this game were in the first co-op mission between infantry and tanks (don't remember the name)... it was just too great! Not having played this game so much back then it was an awesome experiense.

First the leader gave the command to attack... we ran fast over the crest and then down the hill. the first russians opened fire on us by the first bushline, I ducked and returned fire, tanks also started bombarding the town taking out a bmp.

i got alittle behind from my squad while engaging the russians, but suddenly i saw three soldiers running towards us to the forest from the right... Friendly??! Enemy??! Range was over 200meters and couldnt make out the uniforms or weapons...

I took no chances and gunned them down... Later when we had cleared the village i went to check out the bodies, there were three american soldiers lying dead on the ground... i just stared and thought "holy shit..." Then came the order to fall back because of the russian armor that was coming towards the town...

Not in many games these kind of things happen....

OFP rules... biggrin.gif

yeah, thats a campeign mission called "combined Arms". Deffinitely a fun one. I never hesitate to run like hell when i see the Abrams explode, due to a slight case of a T-80 cadre blowing the living hell out of it.

Earlier today i made a quick mission in the mission editor using the Terminator addon. Started off good, wiped clean a town, moved to next town, cleaned it, another wave came, cleaned em .. took bout 45 mins cause i didnt want to go rambo even though its damn hard to get this terminator guy dead ... after that i took the chopper to montigniac by air which would be the next base to wipe out .. i ejected under heavy fire and fell in the fountain sad.gif .. no way out hehe ... i got a screenshot of it but i cant get it up.

First kill?  That would have been when the demo came out, that ambush mission.  What was the name of that guy you were supposed to follow to the jeep at the start?  Anyway, shot him first, then turned around and flew a pineapple at the guys down by the water (they were still in shock actually, didn't even try to catch).   Took off in the jeep and went south, met a girl named Angelina and we moved to Provins together.  We live a quiet life, but once in awhile I'll meet a few US troops, and I'll offer them some munitions that I keep in my truck.  Sorry bastards..   wink.gif

Konyak

Darn it Mister Frag! I would have loved to play that mission!

Oh well.

My first kill was in steal the car. Nothing like that first time I lined up my M-16 sights on an enemy and popped him a few times.

I had an unique game last night actually, not too interesting really but whatever.

I am on the campaign mission "incursion" When the mission starts off, I immediately north to the waters edge through the woods undetected. Once I get to the beach I run around the fence without blowing it up. Make my way through some woods. Get close to a big boulder close to the Russian Generals house. On the north side. I find this really nice point of view to watch from near there where I can kinda see the top of the house but not the bottom, just looking up the hill. (I have been trying to complete this mission for some time now and have not yet found a way to get into his house.) Anyways, I decide to lay under one of the "christmas trees" and watch. I make some notes that are of great use to me. I notice that the one BMP that moves in a clockwise circle around the house takes about four minutes to make a complete circle. I also notice a patrol consisting of one leader with NVG's and three soldiers following him. It takes about 6:30 minutes for them to get from the tree at which I was hiding to go on their way, and return, then it takes another 6 minutes for them to pass me and come back.

I remember the first time I saw them. They surprised me. I was hiding under the tree, and they came up behind me. They didn't see me. I was nervous because they were coming up so close to me. But I was perfectly still. And guess what? They leader and one of his men actually stepped on me! But they didn't notice me there and kept on they way.

I am going into that level to learn all the patrols path movement and who else is around and where. I know the exact path of that patrol to a point up to where I lose sight of them. The go back near the rock. And then past that one lone tree that I was hiding under. Next time I am gonna hide further up near the next tree that the BMP nearly touches on it's every patrol by and see where they go to and who else is there.

IdeFire, your my kind of player biggrin.gif

I love taking a few hours to complete even a simple black op mission. Iv only gotten into that house once. On the way back, i got to the fence, and realized i hadnt taken out a patrol. It was just two guys, but there they were; the saw me, shot me, and i yelled and swore a bunch........Iv been trying to get that mission down myself.

Guest Titanium

I just scored a scor of 23900 on sabetour... And that doesnt incude the two MI24's i destroyed during it. (i shot one down, gaia too the killed, and i ejected out of the other.)

Thats my memory, i even have a scrren shot.