Sign in to follow this  
DealTime

Kicked from Server for using Addons

When I try to join a server , many of these server kick me for using Addons so what , we can't use addon on multiplayer wow so Addons is useless thx. That say need a Key but all addon I installed have a Key like CBA, VopSound, AT_GUi but Kicked from a lots of server for using addons.

Good Job , Addons is useless in multiplayer

Create a folder and name it how you want, "@favouriteaddons" (with a folder named "addons" in it)by example, then add to the exe, launcher (sorry dont remember how its called in english) and add the parameter mod=@favouriteaddons;

then it will stop kick you from the multiplayer game, keep the default addon folder clean and create separate folders for the addons you want to play with.

The kicking for having addons is cause some hacker can modify something in it a broke the gameplay for others to simply fulfill his ego. So if the server is not running with the key for the addons you cant play with the addons there. It is to prevent cheating.

Hmmmm thx , I all put Addons in the Addons Default Folder so i will create a new folder for every addons thx need to reinstall Arma too many files in the folder.

Also the server administrators need to allow the mods and have the *.bikey installed in order for people to use it. On our servers we allow certain mods and these are listed in our forums.

lol, i don't use online at all, i just make scenarios :o

The benefit of using addon folders is that you can use either different shortcuts or some of the launch tools to start the game with different mods depending on if you are going to play singleplayer or multiplayer, or depending on what specific server you are going to play on, since different servers use different mods or different rules for the use of them. You cannot do that if you toss them all into the default AddOns folder, since they'll be always enabled.

When I try to join a server , many of these server

Good Job , Addons is useless in multiplayer

Oh, COME ON! Of course they are!!

Some dude made a terminator addon for Arma back then. That thing held a damn minigun that was strong enough to level a building with a few bursts. And it had a massive scope too!

Where do you draw the line? Imagine what will happen if people start playing multiplayer games using their own favorite addons... Anti-tank machineguns anyone? Rapid fire rocket launcher mounted on a bike, why not?

Apart from that, there is also the problem that when you enter a game with your addons (player, vehicle, aircraft, weapon or gameplay addons) all the other players in the server must receive this addon on from you in order for it to function and appear correctly!!! There are addons that change gameplay. Who will decide what is acceptable or not?

I too dream of a game where I can customize my character, buff him up and let him loose in the game world. ARMA is not it!

Edited by Master gamawa

if you have edited the game in a way that another player has not, how do you expect to play with them? this really is stupid on a whole new level.

ALWAYS use modfolders and have default ArmaII addon folder clean, period, end of story.

I used different setups(launchers) in ARMA1, one which I used for MP on servers which allowed addons(such as sound and effect mods)

and another which I used for playing around in the editor and of course the default one clear of everything, if I wanted to join servers which do not allow addons.