Sign in to follow this  
Squigibo

The unkillable T-90

Why is your ground so wavey?

I'm guessing you're referring to the ground "moving" when he looks down to the ammo crates. Really weird bug, I sometimes get it aswell.

Come to think of it, I've always had it, even in ArmA1.

Edited by bhaz

So you haveto be over 150m to kill tanks.. wonderd why the fucking javelins werent blowing shit up some times.

You don't have to be that far. However, if you aren't I would recommend aiming lower.

FAS: 2,000m

Army-Tech: 2,500m

Global Security: 2,000m

Howstuffworks: 2,500m

AA Website: 2,500m (not really reliable but thought i'd throw it in.

Army Ranger: 2,500m

Need more?

I supposed its possible that it was used outside of what stuff says though. Or maybe 2,000-2,500 is an average.

As far as i know the 2000-2500m are typical engagement distance and 4000m is maximum. Every weapon has it's typical engagement distance but this doesn't limit it to this distance. So Javelin can (not "must") hit targets between 150m and 4000m, seeing 2000-2500m as optimal distance.

Personally, when i'm commanding a squad and i have a Javelin guy and a SMAW or M136 guy and we're closer than 500m to a tank, i'd rather try to get closer to the tank and fight it with SMAW and/or M136.

High altitude, hot (less dense) air, launcher height advantage, high contrast thermal image... I can believe a Javelin could stretch it that far under the best circumstances.

Firing downhill with the wind behind it....lol.

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

What was that? I don't speak Russian :(

Was it an AT rocket countermeasure?

Yes mate, that T90 shoots AT missiles down and also has countermeasures to jam IR and laser targeting.

They have up armoured the top of the turret with reactive armour plates, something the Javelin warhead is weak vs. You should be aiming for the engine.

Literally translated, he is saying "Russia STRONG!!!!1!11!!"

Edited by Baff1

Just like the Quickkill and Trophy now Anti-antitank.. Soon there wil be anti-antiantitank. lol

BTW: OP, you either have serious issues with your install, or some 'reliable scripts' running. I have no problems at almost point blank blowing up the T-90 with a Jav.

Edited by Scrub

And that's one of the reasons why portable ATGMs will continue to be salvoed. The Jav warhead will do just fine against ERA. ;)

Yes mate, that T90 shoots AT missiles down and also has countermeasures to jam IR and laser targeting.

They have up armoured the top of the turret with reactive armour plates, something the Javelin warhead is weak vs. You should be aiming for the engine.

Literally translated, he is saying "Russia STRONG!!!!1!11!!"

The Javelin had a little trouble with ERA. Testing proved it's RHA vs ERA to be lower than what the manufacturer specified.