Sign in to follow this  
FINALCUT

why the complaints

ive been playing about 2 weeks now,got the game off steam the day they released it.i play on a gateway laptop,windows vista,4gb ram,dual core 2.8 mhz intel chipset,17 inch monitor,nvidia 9800m gts.game plays awesome on high,all i did was get rid of headbob,killed the blur as per another post and set my distance to 2500 meters.i drive an 18 wheeler cross country and use sprint wifi most nights,unless im at a hotel,then i use their wifi.i get 28-35 fps all the time,every night i find alot of servers with a ping in the 60 range.im noticing more servers each night.more coop and pvp.i played on the 9th divisions server tonight and had a blast.it was 6 on six,capture the flag,several different maps.last night i was on a coop with 75th rangers,a couple nights ago i was playing with 31st meu,all in all,im enjoying this game and notice more servers every night,im sure after people can buy it on the store shelves the server count will increase 100 fold.people need to play the game,have fun,play on good servers and keep them in your favorites list.the tk kiddies are going away,im sure we will get more after release in north america,but they will go away in a short while.im also sure it will improve with each pass.my point is,we need to have fun with what we have and make some memories and new friends and stop crying about every little bug ,ive had some issues with crashing and such,but if i can play on a wifi connection in a truckstop parking lot and have fun every night,then i dont see why any one cant have fun.the pvp servers will keep coming in time and this great game can only get better.and thanks to all the above mentioned squads,ive had alot of fun on your servers and i appreciate you letting me play on them,i look forward to many more great sessions in the future.and if you really want a good pvp server,check out the 9th division.most fun ive had yet.

m8itsnicetowritesomethingpositivebutplzincludesomespaceinyourtextcouseitskindahardtoreed....

[Wall Of Text] Crits you for +20000!

You die in horrible Pain

ive been playing about 2 weeks now,got the game off steam the day they released it.

i play on a gateway laptop,windows vista,4gb ram,dual core 2.8 mhz intel chipset,17 inch monitor,nvidia 9800m gts.game plays awesome on high,all i did was get rid of headbob,killed the blur as per another post and set my distance to 2500 meters.

i drive an 18 wheeler cross country and use sprint wifi most nights,unless im at a hotel,then i use their wifi.i get 28-35 fps all the time. Every night i find alot of servers with a ping in the 60 range.im noticing more servers each night.more coop and pvp.i played on the 9th divisions server tonight and had a blast.it was 6 on six,capture the flag,several different maps.

Last night i was on a coop with 75th rangers,a couple nights ago i was playing with 31st meu,all in all,im enjoying this game and notice more servers every night,im sure after people can buy it on the store shelves the server count will increase 100 fold.people need to play the game,have fun,play on good servers and keep them in your favorites list.the tk kiddies are going away.

I'm sure we will get more after release in north america,but they will go away in a short while.im also sure it will improve with each pass.

My point is,we need to have fun with what we have and make some memories and new friends and stop crying about every little bug ,ive had some issues with crashing and such,but if i can play on a wifi connection in a truckstop parking lot and have fun every night,then i dont see why any one cant have fun.

The pvp servers will keep coming in time and this great game can only get better.and thanks to all the above mentioned squads,ive had alot of fun on your servers and i appreciate you letting me play on them,i look forward to many more great sessions in the future.and if you really want a good pvp server,check out the 9th division.most fun ive had yet.

Fixed :)

Hi FINALCUT

There are a few trolls posting Concern headlines, people think the posts are wrong and so most of the posts in those threads are happy ArmA players saying the Troll post concern headline is wrong.

That is what the concern troll headline feeds on. News media do the same.

"The World Will End!"

Gets more readers than a headline that says "A scientific report estimates the sun will turn into a red giant in 6 billion years"

Concern Trolls fall into two types on this forum:

Professionals: who do it to get a rise out of readers and enjoy making them look like a fool; they do the same on many forums, and the fans of games are particular targets.

Amateurs with an agenda: Fanboys who prefer a different game and want to prevent people leaving their game. People who feel aggrieved at BIS or this forum, people with multiple accounts who have been caught, or people who have made bad remarks against other members and have been banned, or pirates and griefers who are annoyed at their cheat software not working. People who work for rival companies and through misplaced loyalty hope to drive down a competitor. People who feel their grievances are being ignored and think the developers will fix their problem if they goad them with enough nasty remarks.

How to spot a concern troll.

The post will be vague and short on specifics or will set up a straw man argument (check the web google is your friend)

Look at the persons past posts have they posted in trouble shooting with a real bug? Is this a continuance of that? If it is then they are just using the concern head line to gain support for a legitimate grievance. If it does not have a linked bug then that is a give away.

Is the concern headline after a particular political point. Their own gameform is not as represented as they would like so they write "Nobody is playing this game because..." "This game is dead because they do not play..."

Do they just post concern troll headlines? Lots of new posts all with a concern troll headline is a give away.

They may of course just be a very depressed and negative person, such people often pretend they are realists, they are not just suffering from crushed idealism. I feel sorry for these they remind me of Marvin the paranoid Android.

Solution:

Do not feed the Trolls!

Do not post in their thread, because when you do you are boosting their head line!

Instead do a search for a headline that says the opposite and thus represents your view.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

so,the best thing to do to a troll is to ignore them?is there not a troll repellant one can buy?And why does everyone feel the need to be critical of how a person types in the forum,one can be the most educated person in the world and not type well,or,like myself,one can just type very fast,thereby not using proper english,or jumble his words into a mass of un spaced and downright messy sentences because i was trying to get a point across as fast as possible so i could go back to enjoying this great game without wasting what limited play time i have on a few paragraphs of text on a forum about said game.

Hi FINALCUT

I would not worry about people critersizing your post style, I get the same some times for the opposite infraction.

Too many.

Double spaced sentences.

Used as paragraphs.

You can always go back and edit them.

I do to improve their ability to get my point across.

As to the trolls; they are a long term pest in all forums, but they are just that a pest. The moddies come along and clear them out the realy obvous ones; once in a while. Mostly I just feel sorry for them. They obviously have some realy bad pschological problems and must feel very impotent if all they can do is whine in a forum.

Kind Regards walker

ehh,doesnt bother me.im having a blast playing the game.wish everyone could be enjoying it as much as me.as you can see by my post count,i dont spend alot of time in the forum,much more fun stalking my prey on CTF games.take care.

I think the main reason for complaint threads is more to do with frustration, frustration that Arma2 has the potential and indeed the desire to be amazing but at the moment certain aspects of it detract from what it could be.

Its similar to owning a Ferrari with a flat tyre, sure it still moves but its a pain in the arse to drive.

The simulation concept is excellent but its hindered by the AI bugs and the way the AI engages the player and this makes it less of a simulation and a much more frustrating experience, its like coming up against an opposition all using aimbots, I'm sure the AI will be fixed at some point in the near future but as with everything these days people want everything now.

Look at it this way, at least we have something to read whilst we wait on it being fixed :P

Edited by {SAS}Stalker

Hi {SAS}Stalker

I do not have any of the problems you speak of {SAS}Stalker. I suggest you play on more servers.

Same as FINALCUT I have been playing some great MP missions. Mosly clan servers but a fair whack of public servers. Some PvP some coop heck I even managed to play some evolution.

As to aimbot AI. I just think you need to play against decent human players to realise the AI is below average in ability to shoot and kill you. If you apply proper doctrine and use cover concealment and work in a team and most importantly have a plan, the AI are easy to deal with.

Last night I played two CTF's, a Fun Frag coop (defend against waves of enemy AI type), a coop, a high command versus coop team and an asymetric attack and defend.

Each was fun.

Over the week I have played several games of Berzerk and a couple of coops.

If as it sounds like you are not playing MP in ArmA II I think you perhaps need to try some different servers. I suggest you join a clan.

Most of us are having fun playing MP in ArmA II.

Kind regards walker

As to aimbot AI. I just think you need to play against decent human players to realise the AI is below average in ability to shoot and kill you.

That's exactly my point, the AI is far inferior to human opposition in every way other than its perception and accuracy. It seems like they couldnt quite get it right so they gave it superhuman capabilities (albeit only in a couple of areas, ie perception and accuracy) to make up for its inadequacies.

Its only 1 example, but BI have already highlighted an AI bug whereby an AI that is shot dead can still relay all of your details to the rest of the AI, I am aware you may pigeon hole me into the "banging the same old drum" group but I genuinely feel this is one of a few AI bugs that are preventing a lot of people from playing a great game.

I am however sure BI will resolve it though so I'm happy to soldier on

I suggest you join a clan

Already in one :P

Edited by {SAS}Stalker

I too find the AI frustrating. Cover and concealment is nearly impossible at times it seems, Ai successfully engages and kills thru trees and smoke. The use of silenced weapons doesn't improve your stealth ability either, they spot you almost immediately after you have fired on them (even over great distance where it would be impossible to hear shots being fired).

This hasn't necessarily killed the game for me, but I do hope they fix it with the next patch cause it IS very frustrating and could kill the game eventually as far as COOP is concerned.

Why the complaints...

firebug.jpg

Bugs such as the big fire from hell :crazy: .

And with this very bad performance (even at 30 fps), bad graphics (horrible LOD switching) on trees and houses.. i'd rather play Arma 1 wich doesnt hurt the eye so much, atleast..

Hi Heatseeker

Never ever seen this big fire thing, suspect it is a cheat, make sure you are only playing on servers with signature check, and not playing on some dodgy cheaters server. Might also be an anti cheat fade effect have you altered your core ArmA files? Are you using a language pack you did not put in mod folder?

That said I would think it would make a good effect for a MOD such as ACE, burning cities and forests would be a great addition.

I am using an ATI 1950 pro and I am not having your graphic problems have you posted you bugs in troubleshooting? What card are you using?

As to going back to ArmA I, sorry but you will be very lonely. :(

Most of my clan got ArmA II before me and I felt very lonely until the UK publisher version came out. As soon as I played ArmA II I understood why all the rest of my clan said they were not going back. ArmA II is massively better in: graphics the abilities of the AI and pure fun game play, than anything else on the market.

Kind Regards walker

Isn't it a Dom/Evo thing? Never seen it in the PvP I played so far

I too find the AI frustrating. Cover and concealment is nearly impossible at times it seems, Ai successfully engages and kills thru trees and smoke.

I know it has become a bad thing to say that you're doing in wrong, but ... you're doing it wrong, somehow.

There are basically three things that can be done to avert disaster on the servers. The first is making sure that the difficulties are tweaked appropriately, the second is that mission makers realize that we are not playing OFP anymore, the player to AI ratio isn't 25. The third thing is for the player to improve his gamin' skills.

I know the last one is controversial and sounds presumptious, but from what I see every night on the servers, people get killed because they are idiots (and that includes me). One handy rule of thumb i can recommend is to alway assume that if you can see the enemy, the enemy can see you as well.

But yes, the game needs updating and updating it will get. In the meantime just just keep up the good spirits and adapt to the situation.

Gut feeling tells me the big fire of doom is related to aircraft explosion, but im not sure. It looks nice in that picture due to the angle but its not nice when its hanging in the air over your base, files are untouched.

The graphics are simply horrid, past 150 meters the trees and some of the houses look worse than OPF's, the forests and grass flicker all the time betwean LOD's unless i push object detail to very high wich gives me 15 fps... i have a 8800 GTX, i have never seen such ugly trees in Arma 1, the red trees are a slide show, i have to avoid looking at them, i cant have the grass on since it cuts my frame rate in half.

Like before the graphics settings are still not flexible enough, you either have shadows or you dont, no option for shadows in vehicles and character models only..

Same for LOD, if the vegetation alone is eating your graphics card you have to turn the LOD down, you then get houses, vehicles, soldiers, etc all in very low resolution lod, even in normal LOD setting i see aliens thru my binoculars, instead of soldiers.

I hope 1.3 does miracles because once past the novelty factor, Armed Assault 1 is far more.. functional.

i have seen the giant fire of death over the base,i think it was in evolution.i found a way to deal with it,just dont hang around the base,get your gear and get into battle.i never understand why when i get into a game theres 20 people hanging around the base anyway.waiting on a ride i can understand,but,why wait for a ride if theres a spawn up at the battle.now i could see how the big fire would be annoying if it was over the target area,i have not seen that happen yet though.always seems to be over the base for me,ive seen it a couple times.i just ignore it and go kill stuff.hopefully they will fix the big fire bug,but for now,i will ignore it.

I had the big fires of hell in Domination, a big fire over the base and 3 or 4 big fires over Chernogorsk..

Hi all

Sounds like this big bug is a mission bug then. I have only played Evolution twice and Domination about 3 times in ArmA II so that explains why I have never seen this. It may even be turn out to be feature of the evolution/Domination mission. The big dance hack people also saw also turned out to be the victory dance as part of a missions end. Amaizing how ArmA attracts these myths. :)

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I had the big fires of hell in Domination, a big fire over the base and 3 or 4 big fires over Chernogorsk..

Makes me wonder what can cause such a behaviour. At least I'm pretty sure that it isn't a mission problem. Maybe AI vehicles that burn cause it, who knows, only BIS can tell us.

Btw, have never seen it myself.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Makes me wonder what can cause such a behaviour. At least I'm pretty sure that it isn't a mission problem. Maybe AI vehicles that burn cause it, who knows, only BIS can tell us.

Btw, have never seen it myself.

Xeno

It might be a problem with the destruction of certain vehicles (fire particles) associated with an early respawn/cleanup script (or not).

I havent seen it happen per se, when i experienced this the fire was already there and i thought you used a napalm script or something mean like that, i was even scared of being close to the big fire.

One time i noticed one of the fires came up when some guy who was flying around disconected.

It might be a problem with the destruction of certain vehicles (fire particles) associated with an early respawn/cleanup script (or not).

Might be. Maybe those particles don't get deleted if the vehicle itselfs gets removed (I replace all destroyed vehicles immediately by new destroyed vehicles with dead crew removed).

I havent seen it happen per se, when i experienced this the fire was already there and i thought you used a napalm script or something mean like that, i was even scared of being close to the big fire.

Nope, no napalm scripts or any other particle scripts in the mission.

And I'm using the same destroyed vehicle procedure in co50 Air Cav A2 and co50 The Longest Day, no reports.

One time i noticed one of the fires came up when some guy who was flying around disconected.

Really, really hard to tell what's the problem. I've never had this problem myself. But reading your last sentence it seems to be an A2 problem.

Xeno