Sign in to follow this  
Barso

What are the best NVIDEA drivers to use?

What NVIDEA drivers are the better ones for this game?

I have a core i7920 with a GTX295 and 6GB RAM.

Are the latest 186 with the sli patch the best ones to use?

No idea about the NVIDEA drivers but for NVIDIA use the latest officials. Others will tell you lower or higher drivers are better but remember that those will probably bring other issues and aren't future proof either.

The soon to be released ArmA v1.03 patch will probably be build based/optimized on the current official drivers for ATI & NVIDIA.

I'm running dual 8800GT's in SLI and using 186.18, though I haven't bothered with the SLI patch. Renaming my arma2.exe to Crysis.exe did the trick so I haven't seen much reason to bother with interim patches... figured I'd just wait for a proper driver release that supports ArmA2 in SLI and I'll rename it back.

No problems at all with the 186.18's here.

NVidia is probably working their asses off for a new driver with best support for Arma ;) stay tuned!

And its nVidia not NVIDEA...

Don't you get kicked for altered exe?

Exe isn't altered, just renamed.

Thanks for help.

I refuse to give up on this game.

I know most people have had enough and either sold it or moved on but I am loving it apart from the fact I have terrible technical issues with it.

I really hope patch 1.3 sorts it.

I love the game so far, I just wish I could get a framerate other than from 20fps (sometimes lower) to 32fps at any and all settings/resolutions during MP.

I'm hoping the time being spent on 1.03 turns up some results performance wise, if not other bug fixes are fine too.

Not been kicked no, as mentioned above it's not altered just renamed. That said I don't play online a great deal at the moment anyway.

I use 182.50s because I have 8gigs of ram, and with the newest drivers the textures simply don't load and the graphics are entirely corrupt (Gtx 295)

I use 182.50s because I have 8gigs of ram, and with the newest drivers the textures simply don't load and the graphics are entirely corrupt (Gtx 295)

exactly the same problem here m8!!!

do u know if the SLI patch V1 will work on 182.50 drivers?

I use the 180.48s. Tried all the sets peeps posted here, but the 180.48s seem best for my 8800 GTX.

Somebody tested the new 190.38 for the VRAM bug? @guru3D somebody wrote DXDIAG now gives the true RAM values.