Sign in to follow this  
katua

I though mp community was more creative

I have been getting a very good time playing with the demo, specially joining multiplayer games. I even hosted several coop missions playing a bit with the "editor lite". Great fun.

This week i bought the game. I love single player scenarios, campaign, boot camp.. everything.

So it was time to check mp, my reactions:

1. There are a lot of servers.

2. Most of them (if not all) run always the same. (domination and evolution).

Well, i joined a game where they were playing domination and quit within 5 mins, i was totally lost. I think i will have to read a manual to understand what is going on (not saying that it is bad tough, i love to read manuals).

My next step was to look for those kind of missions i love, that is: small group 6-10,several objetives, background history.. just the same kind of missions we could play in the demo but more advanced with full use of the editor... I had a very hard time to find any.

At last i had luck and was able to join one. Sadly the host and me were alone for the full run, and none enter to join us.

I am wondering if i am condemned to join evolution or domination games.

I was planning to make missions with the editor, but it seems none enter to those kind of games if it hasn`t those mainstream title missions in its description.

Since when has players ever been creative? :p

Well to be honest, I think that Domination and Evolution are the reason the game is doing so great in the MP aspect. You got to admit, the concept is a killer. You could even expand on it... You love 6-10 players, background history and several objectives? Well theoretically you could make a such complicated sidemissions in Dom or Evo and limit it to be completed by a certain group (for example the special forces group, keeping others out by out of bounds warnings/killings).

Your always welcome to join in on the missions i host, see details in my sig :)

In the demo i had no problems getting 6 players in but here in retail there's far between that happen.. sadly :(

In the demo i had no problems getting 6 players in but here in retail there's far between that happen.. sadly :(

This is my fear so far. It was so easy to get server full in the demo, but that kind of gameplay is not popular in the full version, or perhaps we are spread an lost and dont have the tools to gather properly.

This is my fear so far. It was so easy to get server full in the demo, but that kind of gameplay is not popular in the full version, or perhaps we are spread an lost and dont have the tools to gather properly.

Well maybe we should try make a little team, shouldn't be impossible to gather 6-8 people :)

Back in Arma there were plenty of "true" Coop and TvT servers, I'm just hoping that the mission makers come out with them soon.

Then again, that was with ACE. We may have to wait for ACE2 to see real organized teamwork servers.

The game is still very new, i have no doubt it will get better when some of the worst issues has been dealt with and more have purchased the game :)

I heard clans play COOP, but i guess you want pub COOP servers...

Myb someone should make a public COOP team. Not a clan, just a couple of people that wanna play COOPs, noting serius

I heard clans play COOP, but i guess you want pub COOP servers...

Myb someone should make a public COOP team. Not a clan, just a couple of people that wanna play COOPs, noting serius

Some clans let people from public play if they behave :)

Back in Arma there were plenty of "true" Coop and TvT servers, I'm just hoping that the mission makers come out with them soon.

Then again, that was with ACE. We may have to wait for ACE2 to see real organized teamwork servers.

I am sure more types of maps will start to come out once we can buy a physical copy of the game here in North America

Well they are just getting started on making mods and missions and not all of the tools are out yet, so it will take a while, also alot of server admins run those two missions when they are offline so the server will keep running and people can use it. I played with FOW(?) something like that anyway german guys, and they had nice coop missions organized but when the admin was logging off he switched it to Domination.