Sign in to follow this  
Thehamster

What music are you listening to?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Celin Dion<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks Ralph, you just made me spew my stomach contents onto my keyboard, rendering it useless. You owe me $30 bucks. mad.gif

LOL, j/k tounge.gif

Seriously, I can't stand her, she sings crappy music and is French Canadian to boot..... *gags*

Tyler

I'm listening to Cannibal Corpse new album, GORE OBSESSED

gore.gif

I'm going to see them on Tuesday night along with Dark Funeral, Pissing Razors, and Sons of Nihil.

Man, those death-metal/grindcore bands crack me up...no offense, but how can you take them seriously? (Unless they are supposed to be a pisstake, in which case I missed the point and will shut the hell up).

Yeah they make me laugh too, all of that growling and shouting and stuff, load of bollocks.

Doesnt take much skill or musical prowess to scream about how life sucks and you want to eat people and kill people while slamming strings on a guitar in no particular order biggrin.gif

The music from OFP rules! The whole game just takes u inside, sucks u in just like that. They did a really great job. Keep up the good work "musician guys!" biggrin.gif

You know, I've read somewhere that a study showed that people who listen to metal when angry are less likely to commit violent acts (or go ape shit) than those listening to other types of music.

For me, the vocals are like another instument, I don't really care what they're yelling about, and if I didn't have the lyrics, I wouldn't be able to tell you what the songs are all about.  This band, Cannibal Corpse, is probably the least serious bands around, basically all their songs are about dead people or people getting killed/raped/mutilated or the like.  Songs like Scattered Remains, Splattered Brains; Skull Full Of Maggots; Stabbed In The Throat; I Will Kill You; Stripped, Raped, And Strangled;and my favorite: Meat Hook Sodomy. It's all in good fun. Jesus, they were in the Ace Ventura movie after all.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ April 01 2002,02:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know, I've read somewhere that a study showed that people who listen to metal when angry are less likely to commit violent acts (or go ape shit) than those listening to other types of music.<span id='postcolor'>

could it be that those ppl exhale their anger while listening to music? i do that when i get pissed off.

but what about ppl who listen to metal music when they are not even angry?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 31 2002,20:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but what about ppl who listen to metal music when they are not even angry?<span id='postcolor'>

I dunno, maybe they get angry and then listen to metal music to cool off. I also read recently that drivers who listen to techno music driver faster and more dangerously than those who are listening to other types of music. Maybe if you mix techno an metal, you'll get drivers who go very fast but wont get mad if you cut them off, lol.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ April 01 2002,01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya I got the seventh cd... pretty good

Right now Im listening to Thursday - Understanding In a Car Crash<span id='postcolor'>

I haven't been able to find it, where did you get it from?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and my favorite: Meat Hook Sodomy.<span id='postcolor'>

Ouch! ..... prepare to be sodomized! ---> .4

LOL tounge.gif

I like listening to stuff like 'System of a Down' when I'm pissed, RATM is good too, but I don't agree with alot of their lyrics.

Sepultura isn't bad either, especially when your pissed.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ April 01 2002,04:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">'System of a Down' when I'm pissed, RATM is good too, but I don't agree with alot of their lyrics.<span id='postcolor'>

Godsmack is also a choice when you're pissed, as long as it's the first CD (self titled). The second one, IMHO, only had one good song "Awake", the rest were 'just ok' but can't compare to the first CD.

Never seen a band get a crowd as worked up as they did during their performace of "Whatever" at Woodstock...if you don't know what I'm talking about you should search for that MP3...and don't even mention Limp Bizkit, there's a difference between getting the crowd worked up and keeping it fun for everyone and inciting a goddamn riot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Mar. 31 2002,21:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ April 01 2002,01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya I got the seventh cd... pretty good

Right now Im listening to Thursday - Understanding In a Car Crash<span id='postcolor'>

I haven't been able to find it, where did you get it from?<span id='postcolor'>

I downloaded all the tracks and burned.

Ah, I got you now, yes, Iv'e downloaded the tracks too. Since they're an Aussie band I've been keeping an eye out for an Album or EP, but so far no joy.

AFAIK you can order their CD online Here

Other than downloading and burning it that's the only way you can get it.