Sign in to follow this  
breeze

Take off and landing script

I am looking for a way to assign a couple of planes where i have them start on a run way run a pattern of waypoints and land again.

I started with one plane and tried to run the waypoints with a flyinheight of 100 feet so i could see it overhead as it passed the plane never leaves the ground he just rolls down runway slow and never leaves the ground

i added the flyinheight command in the activation line on both the way points and the unit itself

the name of the plane was plane2

so in the initialization line i put plane2 flyinheight 100

I believe thats right from what I have read here I am no scripter so in answering this thread please dumm it down so i can follow what to do. but i basically just want this airstrip to look active and igve the player a ambient feel for being on an airfield.

Thanks again for any help

If you want to make some planes take off put the plane in the airport, add a couple ADVANCE waypoints and in the last one, in the "onactivation field" add

THIS landat 0.

landat is an scripting command that tells Plane inheriting units to land at defined airports. The 0 tells which airport is the one we are going to land at. If in the island there are more than 1 airport (i.e. Chernarus or Sahrani) you will have to try different numbers so you can learn which number is related to which airport).

After that you could a WAIT waypoint synchronized with a fuel truck so a fuel truck comes to refuel the plane, or a CYCLE waypoint so the plane will take off again and will go through the ADVANCE waypoints again in a loop.

Another idea would be to add and execute an script that checks the health, ammo and fuel of the plane and repairs/rearms/refuel it.

Check in the BIKI the OFP/ARMA/ARMA2 scripting commands. You will learn a lot.

I dont see any type of advance way point I only see these

Move

Destroy

Get in

Seek and destroy

Join

Join and lead

Get out

Cycle

Load

Unload

Transport unload

Hold

Sentry

Guard

Talk

Scripted

Support

Get in next

Released

I add the move waypoint and try to get the plane to fly and It rolls down the runway and never leaves the ground. I dont have any idea of what i could be doing wrong?

what direction are you having the aircraft take off from?

At least at the main airport at Chernarus; the direction of travel matters. If you start the aircraft off facing northwest, bearing 330, it should take off.

However if you start it off facing 150, it'll pull the taxi-ing crap

I dont know wether or not your cordinates were backwards but I just did that and the plane turned around and took off down runway buit it still never left the ground was pretty funny actually but i must admit i am getting frustrated

It shouldn't be that difficult. To get an AI plane to take off just place it manned in the editor near a runway, he'll taxi and take off automatically. Then to get him to land either issue a get out order or use landAt.

Ok guys I found the problem well its me being a NOOB I didnt realize that they had to taxi all the way down one side and run up the next side never realized that, however now i got flight, BUT this landat command made the one airplane just cirlce over the airport for awhile while my other aircraft ran their waypoints and landed. so i have a few more questions if you dont mind.

A) when I gave my last waypoint to a squadron to have the land I used the getout waypoint what else could I use as to have them actually do the landing maybe refuel and then take off again kind of like a air patrol? see the getout waypoint they got out drew their guns and went prone which looked stupid to me. I want them to land stay seated or get out maybe have the plane refule and then cycle or do it all over

B) The landat command how exactly does one use it in the init line of the unit or in the waypoints?

C) anyone got any ideas of how to write my trigger for fuel truck as it kind oif would have to be a variable of when the planes were in a certain radius yes??

Ps thanks for all of the help guys its really appreciated

i had the same problem im just going to try it out now see if these tips help ill post back soon.

- Cool your advise helped me to get the jets off the ground im just trying to make them come back and land now..

- Btw if your looking for that wiki stuff about editing commands here is link http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:ArmA_2:_New_Scripting_Commands_List

Edited by hunterman52

well,

why don't you: just after checking the plane need fuel, tell him to moveto

getpos of your fuel truck minus a few meters (for him not to get stuck), and the plane will refuel automaticly.