Sign in to follow this  
Vlad_13

BUG: Giant Fire, No Lock On, Gray floor = CTD

This is the engine of the game or something is messed up. Basically when i see the giant fire in a sky (bug, usually over a village) all my Lock On capability (dots from the radar are nowhere to be seen from the whole map) is gone.

This bug only happens when there is GIANT FIRE is in the sky.

Fix the fucking GIANT FIRE!

Edited by Vlad_13

What "giant fire" are you talking about? Where does the giant fire come from? Just burning in the sky by itself?

Hard to understand what you mean, and "fix the fucking giant fire!" doesnt help much.

Lol yes, typically its the size of the village, and its covering the whole sky over the village/town.... imagine a small vehicle burning, now multiply that fire by 100.

About time I made an account here. But I had to do it now to confirm the fire-bug. Ive had this a few times myself. It is caused by a vehicle burning, and it looks like the horizon is covered in fire. It has only happened in MP for me. I'l take a screenshot and post it here, the next time it appears.

Yes, giant fire bug happens to mee too. Usually in multiplayer if I change server or role on same server - giant fire covers huge teritory.

I've seen it once. The entire sky in one direction appeared to be burning. It wasn't really visible if you looked away (like it kind of faded out if not looking directly at it).

It occured on a dedicated server that had been running Domination for about two days. There were some other noticeable glitches at the same time (stuck parachutes in the sky over town, some tires repeatedly flying into the air above where a fuel station had exploded).

The server crashed hard the next night while one person was playing.

hi kremator.

this error occurred on one occasion for me as a solo player, no one joined as I had the server locked. so I'm not convinced that this is a JIP error. Although it has occurred also on an open slot game with many players coming and going.

I shot down a helo which crashed into base. the ensuing fire-storm resulted from the helo's explosion. and was around for many many hours until the server was reset. However i did not notice that any lock on capabilities where missing or any grey artefacts for that matter.

I agree the original poster should have been more descriptive possibly even searching the forums and bugtracker for a similar issue. Being such a random occurrence and not something that I have been able to reproduce, it makes troubleshooting all that more difficult.

anyway, its a small and rarely occurring bug, i feel there are many more important issues to be sorted out.

regards./

I too have witness the giant fire when joining a server once. It was funny because "Night on Bald Mountain" started playing on tv.

I have noticed the fire bug too a lot lately. It's like a part of the forest is on fire.

I only play Coop MP (domination/Evolution) so can only confirm on those servers.

This happened to me also, and funnily enough it was domination as well. I took a bunch of suggestions on this forum, applied them and its seems to have gone way and not come back.

Firstly im running a ATI 4870X2 just for the record.

These are the things i did, i cudnt narrow it down to any specific one so heres the lot:

-Used the -winxp commandline parameter

-Turned FSAA from medium to low

-In the catalyst control panel i set the Catalyst AI to high

-Also using the control panel, i setup some profiles that alter the GPU fan speed manually as the automatic just wasnt cutting it at the time (hot weather).

I've only seen it in CTI (multiplayer) but it rocks, always spins me out, but I should mention that each time it happens to me it's not only in the sky but the entire CTI base is lit up in flames, really adds a great effect to the game, but yep, bug.

what do you expect to achieve by bumping this thread ? if you have nothing to post, please dont..

I've had this bug quite a few times, it looks like a massive bushfire that is unjoined at the ground. I once had 2 of these fires going at the same time. It was so bright i didnt have to wear NV goggles for a night mission.