Sign in to follow this  
Vlad_13

BUG: The giant Fire, No Lock On, Gray floor = CTD

This is the engine of the game or something is messed up. Basically when i see the giant fire in a sky all my Lock On capability (dots from the radar are nowhere to be seen from the whole map) is gone when i fly in the Cobra and when i get too close to the ground i start to see grayish/jumpy/glitch-like/artifact-like floors/grass and when i do land it will crash to desktop.

This bug only happens when there is GIANT FIRE is in the sky.

Edit: typically its the size of the village, and its covering the whole sky over the village/town.... imagine a small vehicle burning, now multiply that fire by 100.

Fix the fucking GIANT FIRE!

Edited by Vlad_13

domination mission i assume ?

think this is a domi bug, not a game bug.

I also have that and it was also in warfare so i dont think it is a domination bug

Nah i seen it in different maps, even in PVP.

Any one else seen the GIANT FIRE?

Ive seen giant fire.. i was playing Evolution on the UC server, and i was flying air support for my buds when i saw fire the size of the entire town caused by 1 burning T-90

The base is on fire argh!!!

This was evolution. I see it a little now and then... Seen much worse than this however. The coolest thing is when its just behind a forest, then it look like a massive forest fire!

Looks like a hack to me and not a game problem. I might be wrong - but i never seen that. I also never play public servers.

I have seen the same a couple of times, also in evolution.

arma22009071123002134.th.jpg

But I don't recall anybody else mentioning the flames in those games, so maybe the bug is client-side?

I asked on one server, there where some 3-4 people responding that they saw it too (out of 20-30, cant remember exactly).

Hi all

Servers must use verifySignatures=1; in their server config.

Kind Regards walker

hi all,

this has nothing to do with a hack. I use verify signatures, and as stated in the other thread by the same original poster http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=79362 (not sure why there is two threads regarding the same issue, three including my original one 2 weeks ago) that i saw this happen whilst being the only one in a game on a locked server.

It would be nice to dismiss this as a hack. And it may be possible to do this via a hack, although I am quite sure that I didn't hack my own server to make this happen :)

On the occasions that it occurred with multiple people in game, all players could see the giant fire, so I doubt it is a client side thing.

just another one of those mysteries :)

anyway, this belongs in troubleshooting and not multiplayer. I am not sure why the original poster chose to post the same thread in two forums.

Looks like a hack to me and not a game problem. I might be wrong - but i never seen that. I also never play public servers.

lol alex, probably a reason you havent seen it in a multiplayer game if you never play on multi servers :) just because we never see black swans doesnt mean all swans are white :)

regards./

Edited by your_mum

I have seen it in another game mode to day besides evolution, so its not an Evo bug.

The no-lock-on is likely caused by using VOP sound mod, since it makes turreted vehicles often untargetable.

No, I'm pretty sure it's a giant fire, i played today on a server with VOIP disabled and i reconnected 4 times still had the dumb giant fire bug.

Domi, Evo, PvP. All caused by vehicle fire animation.

Seen it in domination too more than once. I'll ask if someone else sees it too next time.

It is *probably* related to respawning vehicles. Since people claim to have seen it in quite a few missions I suppose it can be a core bug in ArmA2 that can't be completely cured by the way vehicles are treated in missions, although I'm quite sure it has an effect on how often those fires pop up.

i had the fire in the sky bug but no one else on the server could see it... the map was at night..... maybe it is a mixture of things like the 8gb ram bug

So is there a solid way to reproduce it yet?

No, and I guess there won't be a solid way to reproduce it.

For me it happens only when I JIP into a mission. Might be related to using setVehicleInit. I've seen that you use clearVehicleInit in one of the scripts, which, what I had to learn too, doesn't actually clear the whole vehicle init stack but only the not processed vehicle inits.

So a JIP client may start the init script and end up with wrong values (only guessing here but could be the reason).

Xeno

For me it happens only when I JIP into a mission.

That's helpful at least.

Yea I've been wondering if those scripts are the cause, although it's hard to imagine how they end up filling the sky with flame particles..

Without a solid way to reproduce it, it's difficult to check if any changes will fix it. Some kind of demo mission and some steps would at least let me find out if the scripts are the culprit.

>although it's hard to imagine how they end up filling the sky with flame particles.

Does it only happen on the client that is joining or does everybody else see it happen at the same time ? Does it only happen if there is a burning vehicle already on the map ? Maybe it's justthe normal burning flames being reproduced multiple times with a position offset (as you would get if creating multiple vehicles in the same spot).